Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Question for you Trump-haters: What would you have done
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 28
| visibility 1

Question for you Trump-haters: What would you have done

Mar 12, 2020, 9:42 AM

differently?

I'm curious because the dems in congress & the MSM have criticized every move the POTUS has made on the CV but I have not seen any ways they would have acted differently.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

https://as1.ftcdn.net/v2/jpg/00/81/16/28/1000_F_81162810_8TlZDomtVuVGlyqWL2I4HA7Wlqw7cr5a.jpg

Re: Question for you Trump-haters: What would you have done

Mar 12, 2020, 9:51 AM

Not sure what he could have done differently. I dislike Trump, but I dont think there is much he could have done differently.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's no right answer

Mar 12, 2020, 9:57 AM

Kill people or tank the economy.

Flip a coin?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

not why I dislike trump, that list is far too long

Mar 12, 2020, 9:59 AM

but I certainly would not have put a mouth breather who does not believe in basic science in charge of this.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: not why I dislike trump, that list is far too long

Mar 12, 2020, 10:02 AM

https://youtu.be/utVeDk09Z6s

Mar 12, 2020, 10:03 AM

this has nothing to do with what we're talking about but thought it was junge worthy

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2005_majors_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-xtiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 12, 2020, 10:06 AM

It's so funny that Cryin' Chuck claimed that Trump was racist because he was the FIRST country to stop flights from China.

I hope the social justice warrior clowns never become president.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 12, 2020, 10:11 AM

To make a #### decision. We have to decide if we want to try to make sure grandma survives OR do we try to make sure the economy survives.

If we choose the economy, then keep things open and see how bad this thing gets. Maybe, its fine. It really is just a cold and the Dems and MSM are just using it to attach Trump. If not and it gets bad, we become Italy and dead grandma.

If we choose grandma, then test as many ppl as possible and close and quarantine anywhere where we have a positive test. This will probably wreck the economy, but it would give us the best chance to save grandma.

It's about maximizing the most important outcome that we want: grandma or the economy.

clearly its one or the other

Mar 12, 2020, 1:59 PM

And not both. Black and white as a maths problem.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I wouldn't propose a budget with yuge cuts to the CDC.

Mar 12, 2020, 10:17 AM

I wouldn't fire the guy who called for a comprehensive biodefense strategy against pandemics and biological attacks. I wouldn't have disbanded the White House National Security Council's entire global health security unit. I would've pushed the Republican Congress in 2018 to reauthorize the Pandemic and All-Hazards Preparedness Act. I'd outline a safety net for people most likely to face economic hardship as a result of the pandemic's impact on the economy.

That's just a few things. I'd have to give it some more thought if you want a more comprehensive response.

I would have kept White House' pandemic response team

Mar 12, 2020, 10:21 AM

that Obama created during the Ebola crisis in 2015. He then waited til the first week of March to create a White House based response team. Had this team been active in January when the first reports started to come out of China, we could have taken action much earlier to get test kits deployed, and in general begin to ramp up federal response. We blew six weeks the Chinese bought us by holding our ##### while we could have been working on this. Had he taken the outbreak seriously, maybe we wouldn't look like such badly organized fools.

More importantly, I would have put a scientist, an infectious disease expert, in charge of the team instead of a VP who doesn't believe in science and doesn't have any knowledge or professional training to deal with pandemics.

Lastly, I would have not called it a democratic hoax. He has repeated this charge so many times, that he has become the boy who cried wolf, but like a petulant little child. And now the wolf is here, ready for dinner.

And I would not have called Governor Inslee, who is on the ground dealing with pandemic in Washington, a snake. It is not a good look. Petty bombast that we have sadly become so accustomed is 99% of the reason he has no credibility as a leader in a moment of crisis.

Credibility is probably the most underrated, fundamental quality for success. Without it, you don't inspire much confidence from the people who are looking for something solid to rally on. If everyone is questioning your motivations, your intelligence, your demeanor, your wisdom, and your grasp of the fundamentals of the problem at hand, it is most likely because you have a huge credibility problem. For a number of Americans, Trump has no money left in the credibility bank account and for most, he emptied it long ago.

Maybe he can turn things around, but at this point, I don't see how his leadership will improve anything covid related.

Obed, do you want the first part of this one?

Mar 12, 2020, 10:28 AM

Obed

go on with your fact checks

Mar 12, 2020, 10:30 AM

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/trump-fire-pandemic-team/

I already know what Obed's going to say.

Mar 12, 2020, 10:57 AM [ in reply to Obed, do you want the first part of this one? ]

And the thing he cites and links is NOT the same as what Trump cut. Two different entities. This has already been clarified on this board.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

[Catahoula] used to be almost solely a PnR rascal, but now has adopted shidpoasting with a passion. -bengaline

You are the meme master. - RPMcMurphy®

Trump is not a phony. - RememberTheDanny

Holding up testing to prevent us from finding out who

Mar 12, 2020, 10:34 AM [ in reply to I would have kept White House' pandemic response team ]

has it in order to protect himself politically was bad. Testing 1,2,3. Testing.

But, I agree with you, his complete lack of credibility is the major hurdle he faces. Every time he opens his mouth, people lose confidence. If he would go into hiding for a month, it would probably help his re-election chances more.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That concept is assumptive and contrary to common sense.

Mar 12, 2020, 2:47 PM

More testing with reveal a greater number of people who carry the virus. When death rates are figure which include a greater number of carriers/infected the rates will go down as the number of test are reported and factored in.

Based on that I would say your accusation that Trump intentionally withholding test kits is a delusion. Obviously from his latest travel ban he is not all consumed with the stock market or a thriving economy.

Offering to pay people who are sick to stay at home instead of spreading the disease is another contradiction to the theory that Trump only cares about the economy.

To recap, the emotion driven bullchit coming from your side of the isle is just emotion driven bullchit totally out of touch with reality.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It is a fact, Jack. You guys need to stop defending the

Mar 13, 2020, 10:21 AM

indefensible.

The complete lack of any form of critical thinking in the party of Trump and his minions has left this country exposed to the point that nobody trusts what this president has to say and things are shutting down left and right until we get some accurate information on the actual spread of the diseases.

Pull you head out of your ###.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I’d hire a speech writer that can get my intent across in a

Mar 12, 2020, 10:24 AM

national TV address rather than something that has to be immediately clarified 10 minutes after I finish talking.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think probably the best thing he could have done...

Mar 12, 2020, 10:27 AM

Was take it seriously from the beginning. In his case, it's okay to overreact. Instead, he downplayed it, insinuated it was all just a part of the Dems attack on him, compared it to the flu, etc. Since he has a mass of people who are dumb enough to obey everything he says, that's a problem.

So, yeah, in his shoes, I would have started acting very quickly the moment this became an issue in China. I think the man realizes the gravity of it now, but we needed it earlier.

But again... doesn't really matter now, does it?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

[Catahoula] used to be almost solely a PnR rascal, but now has adopted shidpoasting with a passion. -bengaline

You are the meme master. - RPMcMurphy®

Trump is not a phony. - RememberTheDanny

End Jan. to early Feb., made “testing” a National Priority.

Mar 12, 2020, 10:37 AM

Data & analysis needed to understand and determine best containment strategies.

Messaging should have been more pragmatic — seems it went from denial to no big deal to OK this is a really big deal. Blaming the Democrats and media was deflection. Being irate at China is understandable.

Finally proactive engagement with business leaders and both parties in Congress would have created a more competent and unified approach . More defined containment tactics should have been put forth.

IMO the evolving messaging added to the uncertainty in both the stock markets and general public.

One can only speculate how much difference tthe above would have made. Maybe not much.

Mar 12, 2020, 11:02 AM

Just let them hate. Most of them don’t know what the fk is going on anyway. Let them run to Grampa Biden for help. He’ll save them.

Your infatuation is scary...***

Mar 12, 2020, 11:50 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

With Trump it's not always about what he may have done or

Mar 12, 2020, 11:04 AM

not done, it's often what he says and how he contradicts himself and others.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I wouldn’t have called it mild, or sewed disbelief into

Mar 12, 2020, 1:53 PM

the numbers affected/death rates, or thought it would all just blow over, or generally try to stick my head in the sand and hope it went away.

This is why he’s not fit to lead a nation.

The armchair quarterbacking on this board

Mar 12, 2020, 2:06 PM

Our rate of death is inaccurate.

Mar 12, 2020, 2:55 PM

lol, it's not as if we can't count bodies but rather that as more cases are tested and confirmed the fatality rate will decrease. Say, 30 deaths with 1100 cases yields a rate of 3%.

If there are 10,000 cases and only 30 deaths that rate drops to .03%. Is this such a common understanding that it only seems important to me? Even false positives from testing people who are showing no symptoms would lower the fatality rate.

So why isn't Trump testing everyone in the nation? Because this isn't about a numbers game, it's about fighting off a Chinesevirus.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Use my twitter power to push CDC for more testing kits

Mar 12, 2020, 2:45 PM

I believe the limited testing is the biggest weakness right now. Order a crap ton of these tests and give them out everywhere.

If you have a little sniffle and want a test, you got it.
You feel like you have the flu and want a test, go for it.
Ate some bad oysters and tummy ache, go get a test.

If I'm reading it correctly, the tests are largely limited to those with known exposure to a confirmed patient. Surely there are a bunch of other carriers out there that would benefit by knowing they're sick and need to limit contact with others. (this was from two articles read last night. facts and reality may be different or may have changed since then. i don't know)

Mar 12, 2020, 6:06 PM

We still don't have test kits. S. Korea tests 10,000 a day. We've tested less than 10,000 in 2 months. I would have listened to the World Health Organization and the CDC and declared a national emergency a month ago.

Instead, we had Trump calling it "another Democrat Hoax!"

I wouldn't have brought infected people on the same airline as other non-infected. The CDC told them not to do it but the State Dept. overruled them. They landed at Mather AFB and were greeted by untrained staff from the CDC who's primary job was earthquake response. They didn't have or use the protective equipment properly. And then they got on planes and went home. The first infection of 'unknown' origin was in the same county as Mather AFB.

Never-Trumpers bash him all the time for a lot of things, much like the way the right bashed Obama for wearing a tan suit. Or going to Cuba.

But this is American lives in the balance and Trump did very little until the markets started tanking and he finally woke up. NOw he's mobilizing. We have not test kits. Hundreds of people are walking around infecting other people because the incubation period for the virus is 10 days. 10 days before they know they have and 10 days to infect others without knowing it.

So far, Trumps response has been virtually no response. He's blocked flights from Europe, but that's like closing the gate after the horses get out. The virus is already here.

Mar 12, 2020, 7:58 PM

i'm not a hater, but I have serious questions about his desire to learn stuff like how to deal with infectious diseases. I also question his leadership and decision making.

Here are a few specifics"
1. in 2018, Trump cut 80% of funding that the CDC used for global pandemics.

2. Trump and his administration downplayed the seriousness of the virus originally and seemed more concerned about the market (and his re-election) than the medicine.

3. Rather than allowing the experts to carry the message (thus helping to ensure accuracy and reassurance) the Trump team has forced them to run all messaging through the administration. This is slowing communication among medical experts around the world.

I will say that he is coming around to a more reasonable approach now, but the weeks it took him to get up to speed may have serious consequences.

Finally, I don't think his messaging or his presentation of it has been very good at calming the public. Other presidents have done a better job in similar situations.

Replies: 28
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic