Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I wonder if my dog knows about this, and thinks less of me
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 28
| visibility 1

I wonder if my dog knows about this, and thinks less of me

Sep 17, 2020, 11:57 PM

when I'm feeding him, walking him, or rubbing his knot head?

https://unitedwildlifeunion.com/2020/08/01/why-white-people-owning-dogs-is-racist/

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If I'm deriving my moral compass from a human,

Sep 18, 2020, 12:09 AM

he'd better damwell be named "Cayde".

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I wonder if my dog knows about this, and thinks less of me

Sep 18, 2020, 12:16 AM

I think my fat ### dog would only attack minorities if they had Pupperoni attached to them.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

[Catahoula] used to be almost solely a PnR rascal, but now has adopted shidpoasting with a passion. -bengaline

You are the meme master. - RPMcMurphy®

Trump is not a phony. - RememberTheDanny

WATCH OUT CJ!!!!!!!

Sep 18, 2020, 7:37 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dude's been doing some HEAVY drugs... Let him talk that

Sep 18, 2020, 12:17 AM

crap around my wife and get her upset... He'd find out exactly how my G.Shepherd feels about it.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Some people take idiologies to an extreme.

Sep 18, 2020, 1:07 AM

And then there are people who are just nuts. Hope this guy gets the help he clearly needs. The comments after his article are...not supportive.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Psst, because it's not real.

Sep 18, 2020, 7:42 AM

This from another article on the site (there appear to be only 3), about how mean Trump is to animals:

The President lashed out at kangaroos earlier this year with not supporting or aiding with the bushfires in Australia. He only offered his “love”, and if we know one thing about Trump, it’s that he has none. When similar fires occurred in California, he was noticeably more concerned and distraught, which is most likely because there are no kangaroos in California.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Falsehood flies, and truth comes limping after it, so that when men come to be undeceived, it is too late; the jest is over, and the tale hath had its effect: like a man, who hath thought of a good repartee when the discourse is changed, or the company parted; or like a physician, who hath found out an infallible medicine, after the patient is dead.
- Jonathan Swift

What do you mean?

Sep 18, 2020, 7:57 AM

I know it’s not a legit site but I thought the guy was serious about his opinions. You’re saying the whole thing is a joke site? How can you tell?

If so, a little funny I guess.

null

Re: What do you mean?

Sep 18, 2020, 8:19 AM

I have to say the site looks really good. But a closer look make it clearly fake. The first clue was the article itself, that owning dogs is racist. That sounds more like an article making fun of the recent focus on racism, and not a position anyone can take seriously.

Second, the article goes way overboard (on purpose no doubt), suggesting for example that white people donate their dogs to shelters so it can find its perfect home.

Third, there are only 3 articles on the website. One of the others is called "How Seahorses are Breaking Gender Stereotypes." The other is the one I quoted about Trump being unhappy with kangaroos not fighting wildfires.

Fourth, the name "United Wildlife Union" is an amusingly redundant name.

Just for fun: if you over your mouse over the author's photo, it rotates.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Falsehood flies, and truth comes limping after it, so that when men come to be undeceived, it is too late; the jest is over, and the tale hath had its effect: like a man, who hath thought of a good repartee when the discourse is changed, or the company parted; or like a physician, who hath found out an infallible medicine, after the patient is dead.
- Jonathan Swift

Ha. Pretty good argument, counselor.***

Sep 18, 2020, 8:26 AM

null

Well...maybe.

Sep 18, 2020, 9:45 AM [ in reply to Re: What do you mean? ]

I'm not 100% sold, because people are actually this batshit crazy.

They say dogs are color blind.

Sep 18, 2020, 1:26 AM

That's a trait humans could benefit from.

Can you dog even see color?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

My son is red/green colorblind

Sep 18, 2020, 7:48 AM

Only benefit is wearing Clemson orange shirts with bright red shorts and having no idea it looks terrible.

Sep 18, 2020, 6:26 AM

I pay my dog to be my friend. Treats, food, toys, car rides, no work at all, just loving life.

That website is so good you'd think it was real.***

Sep 18, 2020, 7:40 AM

- Jonathan Swift

Yep...needs more articles tho...looks like a homegrown onion***

Sep 18, 2020, 7:46 AM

The absolute best homegrown Onion

Sep 18, 2020, 8:09 AM

Right here. Although it needs updating.

http://fauxcountrynews.com/

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

[Catahoula] used to be almost solely a PnR rascal, but now has adopted shidpoasting with a passion. -bengaline

there goes a couple hours of my day.***

Sep 18, 2020, 8:25 AM

I know the guy who writes that.

Sep 18, 2020, 10:01 AM

Much of it was based off of where he worked, which is the same place I work.

His stuff is gold...

Sep 18, 2020, 10:03 AM

But the Mt. Pleasant articles were especially amazing. I liked the one where he said police would start issuing citations to anyone who didn't have a Salt Life sticker on their car.

He's written some good stuff over the years.

Sep 18, 2020, 10:05 AM

The one about Ohio refugees was funny, and he took a fair amount of flack from that.

Another good one was "man caught wearing jean shorts on Daniel Island" and People on Johns Island asked to commute at 2 am due to traffc.

Re: He's written some good stuff over the years.

Sep 18, 2020, 10:07 AM

I have some good HOA neighborhood material that I'd love to contribute if he ever fires the site back up.

I'll never live anywhere that has an HOA again.

Sep 18, 2020, 10:16 AM

I'll legit live in a single wide on a piece of property in bumfuk, nowhere before I do that again.

The last one timed how long my garage door stayed open once. That did it for me.

Re: I'll never live anywhere that has an HOA again.

Sep 18, 2020, 10:22 AM

I mean, if you would just obey the law... sounds like you're a real criminal.

Americas most wanted, right here.***

Sep 18, 2020, 10:37 AM

Sep 18, 2020, 9:14 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 18, 2020, 9:49 AM

Probably fake, hoping so.

Like I said to Spooneye...maybe.

Sep 18, 2020, 9:55 AM

I've just about given up hope on humanity, so the real surprise here would be if it were fake.

Is satire better, or worse, when its possible that it could be true?

2, 1.***

Sep 18, 2020, 10:34 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

https://as1.ftcdn.net/v2/jpg/00/81/16/28/1000_F_81162810_8TlZDomtVuVGlyqWL2I4HA7Wlqw7cr5a.jpg

Replies: 28
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic