Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I was with Kavanough or whatever his name is
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 34
| visibility 513

I was with Kavanough or whatever his name is

Oct 1, 2018, 12:18 PM

right up to his speech on the accusations.

Sounded exactly like Trump wrote the speech. Any potential SC judge who pushes the same Clinton conspiracy bull that the air heads in power do shouldn't have the seat.

GOP won and they should be able to put who they want on the bench. Just not him. Not after sounding like Trump jr.

Go to the next name on the list.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I like your funny words magic man

Re: I was with Kavanough or whatever his name is

Oct 1, 2018, 12:21 PM

he is a whiny entitled littlebitch. I am glad everyone got the opportunity to see this.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

My reasoning is, if Trump wants to play all of those

Oct 1, 2018, 12:23 PM

conspiracy cards ect fine. He's only in office for a maximum of 6 more years. SC judge at Kav's age will be on the bench for 30-40. Let the GOP pick somebody who isn't so Hannity-ish

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: My reasoning is, if Trump wants to play all of those

Oct 1, 2018, 12:50 PM

yes, we definitely do not need hannity light on the bench.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I was with Kavanough or whatever his name is

Oct 1, 2018, 11:04 PM [ in reply to Re: I was with Kavanough or whatever his name is ]

Those are some strong statements. Do you know Judge Kavanaugh?

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I was similarly disappointed with that...

Oct 1, 2018, 12:33 PM

Though I stop short of saying he shouldn't be on the court because of it. I'd have to have reason to think it would actually influence his decision-making, as opposed to going a little too far in a speech.

It's similar to how just because some people in the FBI sent texts to each other disappointed about the Trump election, doesn't mean that there was actual animus that influenced the work of the FBI.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I can see where you're coming from

Oct 1, 2018, 1:13 PM

But to me it's a time/place thing. If he's gonna talk that way to friends (or to friends who are coworkers), it may make him look goofy to me, but so be it.

However he chose to delve into that particular branch of idiocy in front of congress during what amounts to a job interview. His demeanor did not scream "Hey let's give this guy a job for life in which he has major influence on the route this country goes."

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Exactly. Let the GOP put in who they want

Oct 1, 2018, 1:14 PM

just not this guy. Go to the next person on the list.

It's also counter to his Fox interview persona

Oct 1, 2018, 1:16 PM [ in reply to I can see where you're coming from ]

which is weird. Not sure your mood would get that much worse in just a couple of days.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-fordprefect.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Clarence Thomas accused Democrats of a "high tech lynching"

Oct 1, 2018, 2:28 PM [ in reply to I can see where you're coming from ]

People respond to accusations and processes they regard as ridiculous and unfair with indignation and anger. That seems pretty normal, and in fact appropriate.

The real question should be what his demeanor has been during his 12 years as a judge and the rest of his public life, not whether he seemed angry during a clown-show hearing where Democrats broke multiple norms and he was being accused of organizing a gang-rape ring.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Agree....the only whiney beotch here is balm...***

Oct 1, 2018, 3:55 PM

Re: Agree....the only whiney beotch here is balm...***

Oct 1, 2018, 11:06 PM

You got that right.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

what "idiocy" are you specifically referring to....

Oct 1, 2018, 4:04 PM [ in reply to I can see where you're coming from ]

I have to say...I thought he was spot on in his comments.

He was ambushed. Feinstein sat on it...didn't even bring it up in 1-on-1 meeting. I thought he acted appropriated for the circumstance and how I would expect someone to act given what happened to him...assuming he is telling the truth.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

All the little lies, under oath no less, are problematic.

Oct 1, 2018, 12:51 PM

If you weren't a choirboy in HS and college, don't act like you were. Saying he had no connection to Yale? He was a friggin' legacy, granddad went there. This is an interview for the SCOTUS, be truthful...end of story.

Re: All the little lies, under oath no less, are problematic.

Oct 1, 2018, 1:05 PM

Top of his class at Yale, Top of his class in high school. I would have been upset if he DIDNT get angry at the losers attacking his family and tearing him down. He will be confirmed in a few days and the paid protesters will take to the streets once again.

I don't blame him for being mad

Oct 1, 2018, 1:07 PM

but going into conspiracy theories? He needs to control his temper before the world

What conspiracy theory are you referring to?***

Oct 1, 2018, 4:05 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Who attacked his family?***

Oct 1, 2018, 1:29 PM [ in reply to Re: All the little lies, under oath no less, are problematic. ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Being questioned by liars, admitted sexual assaulters

Oct 1, 2018, 1:10 PM [ in reply to All the little lies, under oath no less, are problematic. ]

And colluders with foriegn spies .......

It’s all a farce

On the interview part,

Oct 1, 2018, 1:18 PM [ in reply to All the little lies, under oath no less, are problematic. ]

I also had a problem with how ### holey he was to some of the female senators asking questions. I know he's pissed at them. He has every right to be. But if I have a candidate for a job I'm interviewing he he gets all ### hole on it. The interview is over right then and we move to the next guy. I'm not sure why the republicans are hanging on to THIS guy so hard when they have a list of others.

Do you treat people like that while interviewing them?***

Oct 1, 2018, 1:20 PM

Do we have definite proof that Feinstein leaked it?***

Oct 1, 2018, 1:24 PM

Re: Do we have definite proof that he did it?***

Oct 1, 2018, 2:01 PM

if we do prove she leaked it, should she resign?

We have proof that Corey Booker sexually assaulted someone, should he resign?

Nobody serious actually credits what you're saying***

Oct 1, 2018, 2:05 PM [ in reply to All the little lies, under oath no less, are problematic. ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yeah, honestly...

Oct 1, 2018, 1:25 PM

The partisan rant is turning me away from him more than the accusations simply because we can't prove the accusations.

Anyone this partisan should be reconsidered.

[Catahoula] used to be almost solely a PnR rascal, but now has adopted shidpoasting with a passion. -bengaline

You are the meme master. - RPMcMurphy®

Trump is not a phony. - RememberTheDanny

Was he really wrong about that, though?

Oct 1, 2018, 2:01 PM

And there's no way Trump could've written a speech that was so effective.

The Clinton conspiracy?

Oct 1, 2018, 2:07 PM

Are you saying they are behind this and motivated by revenge?

I thought Matt Damon's portrayal was spot on. Right from the start. "I'M GOING TO START AT 11 and I am going to Jack it up TO 15 REAL FAST!!!!"

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-fordprefect.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I don't think he said anything about a conspiracy

Oct 1, 2018, 2:15 PM

Didn't he just say that some of this stuff is about Democrats being mad they lost the election? From the standpoint of an innocent person, that's plausible. And it rings true to me, especially since Garland's seat being "stolen" has been referred to so often.

Sorry, I implied conspiracy in the phrase...

Oct 1, 2018, 2:23 PM

"revenge on behalf of the Clintons."

Plus the outrage was for show...

Oct 1, 2018, 2:30 PM

it might not be fake, but it's not genuine in that moment. Watch at the end of this clip, after basically about the Clintons and left-wing special interests, he notices his jacket and shirt aren't lined up right at the sleeve and adjusts it. Who notices that kind of thing all jacked up on real emotion?
https://thehill.com/homenews/senate/408821-kavanaugh-says-hes-victim-of-revenge-on-behalf-of-the-clintons

And the questioning wasn’t?

Oct 1, 2018, 3:20 PM

It’s all a ####show

Seems like you’re making lots of assumptions

Oct 1, 2018, 9:07 PM [ in reply to Plus the outrage was for show... ]

The most subjective of which is that a guy with a sterling reputation wouldn’t be angry about being accused of various and sundry kinds of rape, including gang rape, and then having Democrats actually entertain evidence-free accusations by holding onto them until after his hearing.

That scene by Damon was quite different than how he...

Oct 2, 2018, 9:27 AM [ in reply to The Clinton conspiracy? ]

responded when questioned how he would behave if someone accused him of sexual assault at a critical time in his life. The similarities to Kavanaugh's situation he described is nearly exact to Damon's description. I'd love to read your comments on this.

Skip to the 120 mark.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U7BKpSL2YT8

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Truth on Trump...

Oct 1, 2018, 2:53 PM [ in reply to Was he really wrong about that, though? ]

But just because you're right about something doesn't mean it's the best place to say it. Particularly for this job.

[Catahoula] used to be almost solely a PnR rascal, but now has adopted shidpoasting with a passion. -bengaline

You are the meme master. - RPMcMurphy®

Trump is not a phony. - RememberTheDanny

He was justified in displaying his righteous indignation.

Oct 2, 2018, 6:51 AM

He had held that rage inside for a month, unable to say anything other than 'I'm innocent and I didn't do it.' Previous to that hearing he refused to defend himself, his honor, his career which he had dedicated his lift to, his family and all that a judge represents for fear of offending the woman and being labeled a monster by those who were attacking him without regard for the collateral damage which is his life and everything he holds sacred.

He well shared his distaste for the politics behind the motives and how, for the sake of politics only, people in power had assumed his guilt without a semblance of right and wrong or fairness. He had been condemned with great prejudice. Guilty by accusation.

He wasn't talking to you and me he was talking to the people who used the power which was given them by the voters to persecute him in the courtyard before the world and bring harm to his family with an unsubstantiated accusations.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 34
| visibility 513
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic