Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I want Oregon to lose tonight and FSU to play in the NC.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 34
| visibility 1,984

I want Oregon to lose tonight and FSU to play in the NC.

Nov 7, 2013, 9:38 AM

Who else to knock off the mighty SEC in the NC game than an ACC team. Think about it. If Clemson wins out and the right teams lose, we could end up with 2 teams in the top two or three in the nation.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We don't care about the conference, remember?***

Nov 7, 2013, 9:42 AM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Or do we, I can't keep it straight these days.***

Nov 7, 2013, 9:43 AM

I don't pull FOR the ACC, but I sure as heck pull AGAINST

Nov 7, 2013, 9:44 AM

all things $EC

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

So you shouldn't care who knocks off the SEC, as long as

Nov 7, 2013, 10:03 AM

someone does. You will be just as happy if Oregon does it as if FSU did it, correct?

Id love for it to be the ACC. This year we have fielded at

Nov 7, 2013, 10:06 AM

least three teams that can play with the SEC in their games. Clemson, FSU and Miami. VT i think held their own against Ala. and if they had an offense could have won.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I don't think they could have won, but from everything I

Nov 7, 2013, 10:57 AM

heard, people were pretty impressed with the way VT performed. Alabama won pretty handily, but there were some defensive and special teams TDs. VT defense held Alabama offense in check for most of the night. I think considering how people expected the game to go, VT earned some respect that night.

Of course VaT also lost to Duke.***

Nov 7, 2013, 12:04 PM

The only reason I would pull for an ACC team is if it helps

Nov 7, 2013, 10:31 AM [ in reply to So you shouldn't care who knocks off the SEC, as long as ]

our SOS. By the title game, that wouldn't matter.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

I wanted Clemson to be the first to beat FSU in the

Nov 7, 2013, 9:46 AM [ in reply to Or do we, I can't keep it straight these days.*** ]

conference but UVa. did it. Now I want the ACC to be the first to end the SEC's run. Think about it. The SEC could have a losing record against the ACC this year. Maybe we will be the darling conference of the SEC.

Re: Or do we, I can't keep it straight these days.***

Nov 7, 2013, 9:55 AM [ in reply to Or do we, I can't keep it straight these days.*** ]

I care that we are in one of the most disrespected conferences in the country:(

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We can't keep it straight these days.***

Nov 7, 2013, 10:16 AM

some one at the FCS keeps hitting the F1 key daily...

Re: We don't care about the conference, remember?***

Nov 7, 2013, 12:07 PM [ in reply to We don't care about the conference, remember?*** ]

"we" lol you are fooling no once chicken boy.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

If they do, Clemson fans should break out the

Nov 7, 2013, 9:47 AM

"ACC! ACC!" chants during the Georgia Tech game.

Well, if Oregon loses, they may only drop 2-3 spots and stil

Nov 7, 2013, 9:48 AM

still be ahead of us in the BCS. If #2 loses to #5, how many spots should they drop? Will they drop?

I think they drop to #5 if Baylor loses, #6 if Baylor wins.

Nov 7, 2013, 9:50 AM

One spot ahead of Clemson either way.

On second thought, I can see Oregon staying above Baylor

Nov 7, 2013, 9:52 AM

Even if Baylor wins, depending on how the games actually go. It'll be close.

the only way Oregon would fall behind us is if Stanford just

Nov 7, 2013, 9:54 AM

blew them out tonight which won't happen....

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It's hard for me to see that happening.***

Nov 7, 2013, 9:55 AM

more likely than the Braves....

Nov 7, 2013, 9:57 AM

being eliminated from the playoffs on an infield fly rule call 1/2 way into the outfield.......................................................................................................................................................................................................................................uh....oh yeah.....that actually happened....

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Well, if Oregon loses, they may only drop 2-3 spots and stil

Nov 7, 2013, 9:54 AM [ in reply to Well, if Oregon loses, they may only drop 2-3 spots and stil ]

If Oregon loses and gets blown out like we did, do they drop as far? I think some of it will depend on the margin of the defeat.

Nov 7, 2013, 9:58 AM [ in reply to Well, if Oregon loses, they may only drop 2-3 spots and stil ]

At this point, being ranked #6 instead of #7 doesn't really matter. Even if we stay right at #7 until the end of the year, we'll be fine if FSU is in the national championship. We simply need the right teams to win/lose.

If we win out, the only way we're guaranteed a BCS birth is for FSU to make it to the national championship because otherwise the non-AQ schools could muddle things up by getting an automatic birth in the event that UCF is not ranked higher than Northern Illinois or Fresno State to finish the year (god what a joke that rule is).

If FSU is not in the NC and a non-AQ school gets an automatic bid, that leaves only 3 at-large spots to fight for between schools like Clemson, Oklahoma/Baylor/Texas/OK State, Texas A&M, Auburn, Wisconsin, Missouri, etc.

If FSU gets into the National Championship (which would probably require an Oregon loss), Clemson more/less becomes the guaranteed replacement due to the ACC's relationship with the Orange Bowl and our high ranking...leaving the opponent's spot open for a high-quality opponent since the Orange Bowl gets to pick their at-large team first. This would likely be Oregon, Texas or Oklahoma.

So ultimately, rankings don't matter right now. We just need to keep winning and hope the right dominos fall in front of us.

Nov 7, 2013, 1:02 PM [ in reply to Well, if Oregon loses, they may only drop 2-3 spots and stil ]

They will most likely drop us to make room for them.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 7, 2013, 1:21 PM

They wouldn't need to drop us, both are already ranked higher than Clemson. If Oklahoma beats Baylor, they'll likely jump us and Baylor will drop below us. Therefore there'll be no movement there either.

The only potential movement for us I see this week is if LSU somehow beats Bama, which would give LSU a very outside chance of jumping us.

Better for Clemson if Oregon blows out Stanford

Nov 7, 2013, 9:52 AM

and they drop behind us and Oregon losses another game to a un ranked team.

Re: Better for Clemson if Oregon blows out Stanford

Nov 7, 2013, 10:07 AM

Oregon isn't losing to an unranked team. They're very well coached and so they come to play every week. They lose tonight or they don't lose at all.

stranger things have happened...OK St was headed to the BCS

Nov 7, 2013, 10:08 AM

a few years back...went into Iowa St and lost

Re: stranger things have happened...OK St was headed to the BCS

Nov 7, 2013, 10:17 AM

For sure...it's definitely not impossible, just highly, highly improbable. Oregon is one of those teams who always shows up to play ball. The last time they didn't beat an unranked team by double digits was in 2010, when they went to Cal and won 15-13.

In my opinion, tonight will be the only opporunity for a regular season loss.

The only other long, long, longgggg shot is vs Oregon State.

Nov 7, 2013, 10:53 AM

I would like to see FSU knock off Alabama in the national championship.

That would be a nice first step towards removing the SEC dominance (Alabama's - truth be told) from college football. I would also like to see Clemson play (and beat) Oregon in a BCS bowl game this year. (and then drop their contract with Nike) Having said that, I will be pulling for Stanford and & Oklahoma this weekend.

However, if Alabama loses the national championship (and Saban is offered the position at Texas and accepts) Clemson could see the domino effect if Alabama comes calling for Dabo. (and possibly Morris/Venables too) He could also win the National Championship (again) at Alabama and decide the job at Texas would be more challenging, so either way this could be Dabo's final season in Clemson. (potentially)

I'll just enjoy the current team and coaching staff for the rest of this season, and know that We will Triumph!

1 Clemson.

Nov 7, 2013, 11:27 AM

I'm definitely going to continue enjoying the current team & season, but there's no chance Bama goes after Dabo in the offseason no matter what. I just don't see it happening.

no way I want either Oregon or Baylor to win it all***

Nov 7, 2013, 1:17 PM

Agreed

Nov 7, 2013, 5:33 PM

FSU goes to the MNC and beats Bama. Clemson wins out and ends 12-1 with the only loss being to national champs FSU. Miami wins out save for the ACCCG and ends the season 11-2 with 2 losses to FSU.
In total the ACC ends the season with 3 top 10 teams, a national champion, and a BCS Bowl win. The SEC ends the season with maybe 1 top 10 ranked team, no national championship, and no BCS bowl berths.

We get to say we are the stronger conference (at least stronger than the SEC) with the top ACC teams having beaten the top SEC teams. It isn't ideal, but I like it.

me too......***

Nov 7, 2013, 6:18 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

FSU will not finish ahead of Oregon in the final BCS poll

Nov 7, 2013, 6:39 PM

unless Oregon loses, and this is their final legitimate chance to do so. If FSU makes the natty, then us winning out puts us in a BCS game. Ergo, Go Stanford!

Now, if Oregon wins, then Alabama needs to lose to LSU to accomplish the above. Ergo, Geaux LSU!

If FSU is shut out of the natty, we could be an 11-1 team playing in the CFA Bowl, a la LSU last year. However, if we're 11-1, that means we beat the coots, and at that point I could care less what bowl we play in.

Go Tigers!

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I want FSU

Nov 7, 2013, 7:30 PM

To play Northern Illinois again for nothing.

Would never want anything good for that bunch of garbage. FSU is the worst of the worst IMO. That would be like rooting for carolina to go to the NC. Never.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 34
| visibility 1,984
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic