Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I try to not get overly concerned .........................
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 3
| visibility 721

I try to not get overly concerned .........................

Jan 7, 2014, 1:31 PM

with the team in Columbia but I do try to analyze the teams as the season progresses. It always seems to me as I watch the Tigers play 'them' that our rival seems to be more excited to play this game than we are. Do you think that this could be caused by the players on the field? I suspect that this game is always much more important to the players from South Carolina than those from Florida or Georgia. I also think that Spurrier has focused more on the in state players and has been able to sign and admit the better plays in the Palmetto State. This is a handicap that our coaches must find a way to eliminate.
Do you think it is difficult to get a player such as Boyd or Watkins to be as focused to play a rival team that you really have no strong dislike for? I think that it is a problem and some coaches are better at developing this 'hatred' than others.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I try to not get overly concerned .........................

Jan 7, 2014, 1:50 PM

Hatred is really not beneficial to any athletic performance, ask any coach or player. Games are won by talent, preparation, execution, and coaching adjustments. Now if you substitute intensity for hatred, I certainly agree.

Re: I try to not get overly concerned .........................

Jan 7, 2014, 2:07 PM

Notice I said 'hatred' ... not hatred!

Frankly I rarely use that word/

It's probably a little easier to motivate the in state .....

Jan 7, 2014, 2:25 PM

players, but do way do I buy that lack of motivation has anything to do with our recent losses. If anything I think just the opposite was the case this year. We were made the kind of mistakes teams make when "trying too hard". Motivation may have been an issue in year one of the last five, but not since.

Replies: 3
| visibility 721
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic