Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I thought I would share something really humorous. My Mother in Law
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 17
| visibility 700

I thought I would share something really humorous. My Mother in Law

Nov 6, 2019, 4:03 PM

Age 92 ordered a $40 book titled “ How to learn to use the Internet, computers and smarts for the elderly “

She has trouble using a flip phone and her TV controls. Why in the world would she order a book she will never understand.

I thought you would find this funny because I am the one who has to pack it up , send it back and try to get her money back. I think I am losing my mind LOL??????

Message was edited by: wueagle86®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I thought I would share something really humorous. My Mother in Law

Nov 6, 2019, 4:08 PM

Just have her T-male henry®, he can explain the internet to her in Olde English.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 6, 2019, 4:17 PM

Will do! Lol I am still trying to figure out why at 92 she would such a book. She does not have a computer or a smart phone.

Sometimes I just want to spend a few night in the rubber room where I could bounce off the walls. ????

Have a great day Ayejoe. Go Tigers.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

How did she go about ordering the book?

Nov 6, 2019, 4:38 PM

Was some flim-flam man involved? Would you be better off taking the book and giving her some money as if you did return it?

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: How did she go about ordering the book?

Nov 6, 2019, 6:12 PM

She gets these offers in the mail. I probably buy the book because it’s a pain to return the things you order from TV ads or mail ads.

Beware they can be clever when dealing with older folks.

as far as 90 yr olds go

Nov 6, 2019, 5:22 PM [ in reply to Re: I thought I would share something really humorous. My Mother in Law ]

but i got this internet thing

Ayejoe

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I've wondered what will happen to those people raised on the

Nov 6, 2019, 4:45 PM

internet when they get old. Will they forget how to use computers, TV's, cell phones, etc? Or will they become stuck not learning any technology beyond 40yo or so.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Id just like to be around when the younger generation

Nov 6, 2019, 4:59 PM

That thinks they are smarter than the older folks start with the “ok, millennial “ stuff.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You know....every generation gets #### upon

Nov 6, 2019, 5:08 PM

And every time they age, go through middle age, and redeem themselves. I'm very afraid Generation X may be the last one to be able to flip off the old people at 45yo. College age kids today will still be living with their parents when they're 45, and will have trouble extending that middle finger, lest they lose Play Station and internet #### privileges in the basement.

And another thing. I think Generation X will be the inflection point where the younger generation bashes the older ones for their problems. And they will have a very good argument. It will happen. I mean it's the boomers who came up with crack-headed ideas like "retirement" and pensions, etc. Yeah, I'll work for one company my whole life, then at 65 I will retire and they will pay me to NOT WORK for another 20 years. And I will relax and enjoy life and golf, and travel the world, and maintain the same lifestyle I had while working. Oh, until you have a couple hundred thou in medical bills, and your health deteriorates, and you spend 10 years in a nursing home, etc.

Message was edited by: Tiggity®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

OK, boomer***

Nov 7, 2019, 7:15 AM

2024 purple level memberringofhonor-greenr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm GenX...beeyotch***

Nov 7, 2019, 8:05 AM

I think I am too, but I am not sure, the line gets blurry

Nov 7, 2019, 8:43 AM

at my birth time.

2024 purple level memberringofhonor-greenr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Bicentennial baby here. All up in that Gen X.

Nov 7, 2019, 9:11 AM

We were going to be the scourge of humanity, right through my college years. Thank goodness for the millennials. They're making us look good. Boomers are starting to look worse though. It's like we're waiting on the generation that has to deal with the problems they started decades ago.

Millenials seem to think anyone older than them is a boomer.

Nov 8, 2019, 2:25 PM

It's them...and everyone else.

Typical.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 7, 2019, 12:30 AM

You're lucky. She only got the book. I am my 94 years 11 months and one week old father's technical support. Desktop, laptop and phone. Just to add icing to the birthday cake, his eyes and hearing both are really bad, so when I scream into the phone what he should click on, half the time he can't see it. Don't get me wrong, I love my Dad, but sometimes my heart sinks when I see his name on the caller i.d.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 8, 2019, 2:17 PM

I feel your pain. I just bought her $3000 hearing aids. They are turned up as high as possible but I still have to yell so she can hear. I got her a free SC phone for the hearing. It is as paired with her cell phone. But somehow every day she would get them Unpaired then neither phone would work. I finally just unplugged the hearing impaired phone.

That’s why I am still laughing because she purchased that book. She told me about it with some measure of product. It’s like she is going to be an tecky!??

I feel your pain.

Nov 7, 2019, 8:34 AM

As tech support for my mom - and my F.I.L., I go through this. The difference between the 2 is, my mom only wants technology she HAS to have (cell phone, TV). My F.I.L. wants everything, and can't use ANY of it worth a shiz. I KNOW he has already shaved 5 years off my life.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I feel your pain.

Nov 7, 2019, 9:48 AM

I feel your pain too. Would you like to buy a book??? Lol ?? I deal with the same situations with my 85 year old father.

These kids today have no idea how great life was before PC’s, Smart Phones, Social Media and ( Al Gore’s ) Internet. So Gore claims.??

It’s a good thing we have the success of the Tigers to keep us sane. ??

Replies: 17
| visibility 700
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic