Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I think we're 10-2 this season...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 23
| visibility 1

I think we're 10-2 this season...

Sep 3, 2014, 1:05 PM

I'm classified as a dumper on here. I guess I consider myself more of a realist, but that's everyone on this board rather they be a pumper or dumper.

Anyways, I see us beating SCST (shocker right!), then losing at FSU. After that we host UNC, the most crucial game of the season IMO. I say that because losing to UGA and FSU was and is likely. If you thought we were going 13-0 with a playoff appearance than you were outside of your mind. At 1-2, we'll host a UNC team with a solid offense. Are we better? I think so. However, will we care to play after being 1-2 and coming in with players who had dreams of being 3-0? That to me will be the tell tale sign as to whether or not we're 10-2 or 7-5 and that's why I think the game is the most important of the season.

UNC is still a month away and the best talent on our offense is very young. I look for them to be getting more, if not the bulk of the snaps by then. I can see this offense really improving as the year goes on.

Beat UNC and it'll springboard us to beating Louisville, at GT (where we really struggle), and USuC. Lose to UNC, and I see us losing 2 of those 3, if not all 3.

I hope this team can be mentally tough enoough to handle 1-2 and take care of business the rest of the way out. If they cant handle it, then 1-2 turns into 1-3 and then we spiral down.

Our defense looked bad the last 15mins of UGA, but we'll match up nicely against everyone else outside of FSU (and maybe even them). I can see this defense giving up 14 or less to almost everyone else on our schedule IF the offense can supply some help.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I think we're 10-2 this season...

Sep 3, 2014, 1:18 PM

There is greatness in this team. This is a national championship team.

Thats what the eSECpn folks said after the aTm game !***

Sep 3, 2014, 1:20 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Way to take that out of context like most haters...

Sep 3, 2014, 1:23 PM [ in reply to Re: I think we're 10-2 this season... ]

That was after the LSU bowl win, and he was referring to the quality of the opponent that Clemson had beaten, not to his own team. If you took time to listen to the entire exchange, then that would be clear to you.

Also, could you try showing some class?

I know the answer is probably no, but I figured I'd ask.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Because at the end of the game, everyone knew that they weren’t that much better than us or better than us at all."

Joey: You could be right dude! My "die-hard"-- Tiger friend

Sep 3, 2014, 1:26 PM [ in reply to Re: I think we're 10-2 this season... ]

this team may explode and destroy all the other teams on the schedule. So Joey, you awesome CLEMSON fan--dressed in orange and loving your Tigers everyday --never posting negative posts about them and hating those Coots--you are correct my friend.

YEE-HAW!!!!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

GIJoey reminds me of an upper GI***

Sep 3, 2014, 1:26 PM [ in reply to Re: I think we're 10-2 this season... ]

I vote Joey for Tiger fan of the year. He hates Coots and

Sep 3, 2014, 1:29 PM

loves his Tigers. Right, Joey, old Tiger Buddy?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I bet Joey drinks Tang everyday because it is Orange!***

Sep 3, 2014, 1:30 PM

look Joey just wants to be a big boy GI when he grows up

Sep 3, 2014, 1:30 PM [ in reply to I vote Joey for Tiger fan of the year. He hates Coots and ]

and I suspect by then he will have a much better head on his shoulders......as opposed to where it is now

I bet when he goes to the grocery store he heads for the

Sep 3, 2014, 1:30 PM [ in reply to I vote Joey for Tiger fan of the year. He hates Coots and ]

orange section to get him some more oranges. They are so good.

Joey would buy a crayon box to get just the orange

Sep 3, 2014, 1:34 PM [ in reply to I vote Joey for Tiger fan of the year. He hates Coots and ]

and purple crayons.

The big 120 count box***

Sep 3, 2014, 1:42 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

I'm not very whitty: Joey can just kiss my @$$-

Sep 3, 2014, 1:35 PM [ in reply to I vote Joey for Tiger fan of the year. He hates Coots and ]

There's no punch line here. I told you I wasnt whitty.

I bet Joey visits the zoo 2X a week to check out the Tigers!***

Sep 3, 2014, 1:31 PM [ in reply to GIJoey reminds me of an upper GI*** ]

Yeah must have been fun to have you @ss whipped

Sep 3, 2014, 1:31 PM [ in reply to Re: I think we're 10-2 this season... ]

from kickoff until 0:00 the other night huh??

I know you're just all praying for the day when you hear Spurrier say, "This is a conference championship team"

Sep 3, 2014, 1:43 PM [ in reply to Re: I think we're 10-2 this season... ]

You must have watched a different game Saturday than the one I watched.

Sep 3, 2014, 1:21 PM

Best case we go 8-4 and worst case we go 6-6. So we probably finish this year 7-5. We seat what Morris is now that he does not have Nuke, Hot Rod, Allen, Sammy, Ellington, Bryant, Boyd and Cat Man to bail us out with automatic points. We obviously lose to FSU. Louisville and the chickens have better head coaches and very good talent. (not saying we cannot win, it is just unlikely) We still have to play a very talented UNC team and go on the road against GT. Grant Field is not a place that has been kind to us lately. The special teams play continues to give us problems. This past week it was not covering a kick and the stupidity of not lining the ball up in the middle of the field. (Cat man was good enough it did not matter.) But those are mistakes we made in 2009 and 2010 that cost us games. I would love to go 10-2 or even 9-3. But let's face facts. This team was depleted with offensive weapons, we have a coaching staff that has a systematic problem never addressed since 2008 (special teams) a defense that gave up last week and showed no pride. And yes for three quarters we had a chance. but that does not really matter.

Sep 3, 2014, 1:25 PM

I agree that the offense if depleted of weapons at this point. But we have some really good young talent that I think will work itself into the starting lineup. Plus we'll get out TE healthy who is a heck of a run blocker. I can see us steadily improving on offense this year.

Sep 3, 2014, 1:25 PM

I had us at 8-4 to 11-1, but 11-1 required us beating UGA. Since we showed a serious lack of consistency at UGA, I'll change that to 7-5 to 10-2.

We could lose to FSU, UL, UNC, and USUC. We will probably lose to FSU. I don't see how we win there with what we have shown.

I believe you are the first to mention UL. We better not

Sep 3, 2014, 1:29 PM

overlook the cardinals! It may sound cliché but this team AND FANS are going to have to take one game at a time.

I hope so ... but Louisville will be a contest***

Sep 3, 2014, 1:30 PM

Let there be no doubt.....so will Boston College*

Sep 3, 2014, 1:35 PM

nm

Sep 3, 2014, 1:44 PM

I see us winning out. Just my 2 cents. The talent is there.

yay! another meaningless bowl game!***

Sep 3, 2014, 1:46 PM

Replies: 23
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic