Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Please help me understand this.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 3
| visibility 1

Please help me understand this.

Nov 12, 2018, 4:02 AM

I was in another room and missed the punt return by BC, that went all the way back, on Sat night and have not been able to find a clear video of it and have two questions. First, did the ball hit a Clemson player before it was retrieved by #3? And if so, doesn't that constitute a dead ball and spot it where it was touched by the punt team?

I've been a football fan for 40 years and thought I knew most of the rules. What am I missing here? Thanks.

Go Tigers!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think very NOT on this ....

Nov 12, 2018, 6:04 AM

just from common sense. What a disaster that would be if the kicking team could just put a hand on the ball every time and it's dead. Returner has a right (though usually ill advised) to pick it up and run. We have to SECURE the ball. And of course if he touches it first and it bounces, it's also a live ball.

Ball is still live

Nov 12, 2018, 6:07 AM

And if the returner had let it roll it would’ve been down where it first it Chase

Re: Please help me understand this.

Nov 12, 2018, 8:09 AM

The return team has always had the opportunity to return the ball once it’s touched by the punting team.

The real beauty of the rule is that even if the return team fumbles the ball they maintain possession of the ball.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Smelley, Garcia, and Beecher are going to lead you to 4-8." - york_tiger

Replies: 3
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic