Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
While on the subject, I will share my DUI story
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 11
| visibility 358

While on the subject, I will share my DUI story

Jan 20, 2014, 5:50 PM

So 10 years ago I got a DUI. Here is how it went down. I think I handled it as good as it could have gone.

Had too much to drink at a party. They pull put coke/blow. Wtrskitiger isn't down with drugs, so after weighing my options, I left the party.

Get about 2 miles from my house and run into a DUI check point.

Officer asks if I have been drinking, I tell the truth and say yes. He asked me to pull over and step out. I obliged. He then put me through all the roadside tests. I did pretty good except that white line was tough on me. I then blew a .16. I was hammered.

He puts me in cuffs and in the back of the car. I was nice the whole time and actually had good convo with the guy. He was actually a cool cop. I went through processing. They put me in a jumpsuit for jail, but then asked for it back and gave me my clothes. The cop signed me out of jail and promised I would be in court.

I go to court. Blowing double over was an "aggravating" factor in my case, so double the fines and double the community service and I had to get a breathalyzer in my car. Then the cop testifies and mitigated my aggravating circumstances by testifying about how how forthcoming and nice I was and willing to follow directions. Fines were cut, community service hours were lowered. I still had to get the breathalyzer, but getting rid of those aggravating circumstances helped in many many ways, especially when it came expungement time.

It was a long year with the breathalyzer, but I was darn lucky I didn't hurt someone or God forbid kill someone on the road. I think my DUI was one of the best things that has happened to me because it taught me tons of lessons and I dumped a lot of loser friends.

Moral of story, be cool and tell the truth.

CSB

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Never, never, ever do a breathalizer.***

Jan 20, 2014, 6:17 PM

badge-donor-10yr.jpg2006_nit_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We're friends. You laugh, I laugh. You cry, I cry. You jump off a bridge, I get in my boat and save your retarded a$$.

Yup

Jan 20, 2014, 6:44 PM

No way to know if it is correct on the night you blow. No way to prove it was wrong after it is recalibrated.

One thing I've wondered, do you have to answer the cop?

Jan 20, 2014, 6:51 PM

FYI, I've passed 4 field tests never charged. 3 of them
were BS cause they were fishing, once I was parked in front
of my apt bldg and cop was well... lets say generous.

But my question is, when he asks have you been drinking
what happens if you do not answer and claim the 5th?

My guess is he'll make you do a field test and get all
pissy at you.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Corporations are people. So is Soylent Green.

I passed 3 different field tests in the same night

Jan 21, 2014, 8:01 AM

2 from the same cop.

no breathalyzer.

nailed it.

You don't have to answer anything. You have the right

Jan 21, 2014, 9:51 AM [ in reply to One thing I've wondered, do you have to answer the cop? ]

to be silent. Their questions are all fishing questions. Where are you going? Where are you coming from? Do you know why I pulled you over? Have you had anything to drink?

Be respectful, but if there's any doubt in your mind, keep your mouth shut.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

GO TIGERS!!

I think the lesson here

Jan 20, 2014, 6:56 PM

is always do coke/blow at a party whenever somebody pulls it out. You wouldn't have been out endangering other people on the road.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-19b.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I think the lesson here

Jan 20, 2014, 7:05 PM

What I was looking for. Thank 19

Why would you give them evidence?***

Jan 20, 2014, 7:16 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TOTE1 carries a personal breathalyzer he got online

Jan 21, 2014, 8:08 AM

for like $8

I once was stopped at a checkpoint after drinking.

Jan 21, 2014, 8:25 AM

I honestly felt like I was below the limit (had a few beers while shooting pool and had dinner), but also realized that I had no real idea if I'd pass a breathalyzer. Just before pulling up to the cop I was debating what to do and decided to be honest. Cop asks me if I've had anything to drink. I say yes, a few beers over dinner. He waves me past and I continue home.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

always be honest(ish)

Jan 21, 2014, 9:10 AM

they know.

Replies: 11
| visibility 358
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic