Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I think that most would agree ...........
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 6
| visibility 910

I think that most would agree ...........

Jun 23, 2012, 11:53 AM

that the umpires...or officiating... can and often does affect the outcome of a game. The BB game last night was very poorly 'called' in my opinion and I have no vested interest in either team. A strike is a strike every time and the same pitch can't possibly be a ball. I saw this dozens of times last night. I admit that umps each have a different strike zone and batters must adjust as the game develops but that is difficult to do if there is no consistency at all. As a coach you work all season teaching your kids to hit strikes and them a game such as the one last night occurs. It's hard to tell your team, 'forget everything we worked on this year and hit anything close'!
The pitchers at gamecocksville throw strikes and that is why they have had success for several years. It's the most important thing in baseball .. throw strikes. They do it well. I haven't read any stats but I bet their walk count in the tournament games is extremely low. I hope that I live long enough to see game officials be as good as most of the players!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

When you throw strikes you're much more likely to

Jun 23, 2012, 11:55 AM

get close calls and even questionable calls. The ump is more likely call what he expects.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I think that most would agree ...........

Jun 23, 2012, 12:00 PM

Oh yeah.. in a tight game a few calls can contol the outcome. I cant believe ##### got 2 runs from umpire calls. Ark must be outraged.

Jun 23, 2012, 12:46 PM

The worst call I saw in the whole game in the bottom of the first inning when the coots had the bases loaded one out. The ump called the first base runner out. He was safe. Top of the 9th second out, the batter was called out on strikes when the ball was 3 ft. out of the strike zone. Officiating was horrible!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Also the play at the plate where the coot player was called

Jun 23, 2012, 12:50 PM

out. The replay clearly showed he was safe.

Before the coots scored their 2 runs to tie the game

Jun 23, 2012, 12:51 PM

Walker should have *struck out* to end the inning. Ump blew the call, gave him another chance, and the rest is history. An umpire should not be able to impact a game like that.

Jun 23, 2012, 1:59 PM

Strike zone was wildly inconsistent last night. By the late innings the hitters should know what the ump is calling a strike, but there were Arkansas guys getting rung up on called strikes a foot off the plate. Hate to see a game decided that way.

Replies: 6
| visibility 910
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic