Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I sure hope Blossomgame and Rooks are unbelievably good,
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 30
| visibility 1,725

I sure hope Blossomgame and Rooks are unbelievably good,

Mar 5, 2013, 9:09 PM

and that Coleman is better than I remember, because I don't see anybody coming back that will make us better next year.

And we will miss Milt and Booker a lot. I'm not seeing where the better days some of you see is gonna come from.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Re: I sure hope Blossomgame and Rooks are unbelievably good,

Mar 5, 2013, 9:09 PM

I would agree with you 100%

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I sure hope Blossomgame and Rooks are unbelievably good,

Mar 5, 2013, 9:10 PM

I agree.

Non-seniors only accounted for 24 points tonight.

coleman played very well at the end of last season. Filer

Mar 5, 2013, 9:12 PM

is a great talent and will mature and get stronger. This team has some young talent

I like Filer and I remember Coleman coming on late last

Mar 5, 2013, 9:18 PM

year. I just don't see anybody that looks capable of stepping up and taking over a game for us - like Anderson (soph), Hanlan and Rahon (two freshmen) did tonight for BC.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Coleman had one double figure scoring game last year.

Mar 5, 2013, 9:26 PM

And didn't even get to play in 9. I don't see him setting the world on fire.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Me either - and that's just it. We don't have a Hanlan or a

Mar 5, 2013, 9:33 PM

Rahon that can light it up (Rahon had 26 aginst us in the first game).

- H. L. Mencken

We don't even have a Stitt.***

Mar 5, 2013, 9:55 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No, and while Stitt certainly improved as he got older, you

Mar 5, 2013, 10:19 PM

could tell he was a player right from the start. Remember when he sealed the win with two free throws early on as a freshman? It's not only that kind of skill we are missing, but that kind of moxie that says "I want to be on the line in this situation. I'm a basketball player and I can play with anybody - this is what I do. Yeah, I'm a freshman; now give me the ball and get out of my way while I sink these two shots and we win the game".

- H. L. Mencken

The best thing about freshmen is they become sophomores

Mar 5, 2013, 9:12 PM

without McDaniels we're playing with 6 guys. We get better by getting older. We get better by getting healthy. 3 guys who would have played a lot of minutes tonight did not because they are hurt. Hard to overcome that at a school like Clemson

But that is the fallacy - BC beat us with two freshmen and a

Mar 5, 2013, 9:19 PM

sophomore - those 3 players alone beat us tonight - and guess what - they will be back too, and they will get better too.

- H. L. Mencken

You're talking one game, our inconsistent kids

Mar 5, 2013, 9:21 PM

can step up and play for one game sometimes. They won't regularly lead the team...as evidence of the rest of BC's season.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_pickem_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-soccerkrzy.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cole @ Beach Cole w/ Clemson Hat

Anderson, Hanlan, and Rahon are their leading scorers for

Mar 5, 2013, 9:30 PM

the entire season. And now, at the end of the season, in a conference game on the road, they completely took over and won. I haven't seen anything like that from any of our freshmen. They just don't have that kind of confidence.

- H. L. Mencken

Wasn't aware of that. Then BC has a very

Mar 5, 2013, 9:40 PM

bright future. Ours is semi-bright, will truly prove how good of a coach Brownell is.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_pickem_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-soccerkrzy.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cole @ Beach Cole w/ Clemson Hat

And UNC and MD and UVA all have some very good young

Mar 5, 2013, 9:42 PM

players who are contributing significantly this year who will be back the next couple of years and will also get better as they too gain experience.

- H. L. Mencken

Semi-Bright is laughable.......

Mar 6, 2013, 8:00 AM [ in reply to Wasn't aware of that. Then BC has a very ]

The only bright side would be if we got a new coach

I don't disagree with that, but let's look at it this way

Mar 5, 2013, 9:48 PM [ in reply to But that is the fallacy - BC beat us with two freshmen and a ]

Hanlon was BC's top recruit. Out top recruit(Blossomgame), a top 100 recruit, didn't play a game this year as he was hurt. Rahon has had an up and down year, kind of like Filer and Roper. Anderson is a good player. Our best sophomore(KJ) also didn't play tonight as he was hurt. We do have to take things like that in to consideration

And I don't disagree with any of that - but while I haven't

Mar 5, 2013, 10:09 PM

seen Blossomgame play, in my opinion, with the players we have coming back, I don't think we have enough raw talent to compete with the best in the ACC. Not to mention we will have ZERO inside presence next year. In no way, not in my wildest imagination can I twist this into a problem that experience and/or coaching alone will significantly impact, much less fix.

- H. L. Mencken

Depth and experience are important, and we had neither

Mar 5, 2013, 11:52 PM

this year. The inside game is the huge question mark next year, no doubt. But we don't and won't need huge scoring there. I'm an optimist and even I knew this year would have been at best an NIT year. If KJ does not get hurt maybe we win this game and at VT. The close losses early in the year, capped by the Miami loss, I really believe just stripped us of the confidence you have to play with. Since that Miami loss we've played poorly. Before that, even with our limitations, we were very competitive. I do not believe that 2 players who have been roundly criticized, and many times rightly so, like Milt and Book and their loss means the total collapse of the program. Personally, here's what needs to happen, whether it does or doesn't is the question:

PG-Filer to mature and take the position over. He has the offensive/defensive mix we need there. I love Hall's effort but he is to to large a liability on the offensive end to be a starter. Roper will get a ton of work here in the offseason as well.

2G-Coleman was according to the coaches the most improved player on the team last off season. His injury really hurt us as he was going to be the starting 2G. Harrison was brought in but was a disappointment, and he's gone for at least 2 years and maybe for good. Coleman has the athleticism and size to be a ACC 2G. Add in Rooks as the spot up shooter we desperately need and Roper as a combo and our backcourt should be solid and deep.

SF- KJ needs to build on the progress he made this year, which i think he will. He's a great example of a raw player who was developed over the off season last year. He's the type athlete who can become an elite player if he continues to develop his skills. Ajukwa, as of now would be the primary backup if Blossomgame has to move inside. He's a good, skilled, athletic offensive player, but...he plays in a private school league so his transition will be steep. Expect limited minutes.

PF-I just don't see it in Sullivan. Unless he makes a huge leap I could see him transferring at some point. Right now, I think Blossomgame starts here as an undersized 4. He's 6'7, so height isn't a huge issue, especially with his reach and hops, but at 210, he'll get muscled around some. He is however a tough matchup for bulkier 4's on the offensive end. If we somehow get Junior Etou to sign he starts at 4 from day 1. Big, tough physical. I also hear we're in on a foreign player that could play here but have not been able to find anything substantiating that.We'll sign a 4 in a few weeks, just don't know who or how much they'll contribute until we see who it is

C-Nnoko. Extremely raw. Very athletic. We don't need him to be a huge scorer next year. If he can be developed some, rebound, play strong D and set screens, he'll be fine. Smith is a banger off the bench and that's really all he'll ever be.

Next year, I actually expect us to play at a faster tempo as we'll be a perimeter oriented offense. No, we won't be helter skelter, but with more experience in the backcourt and on the wings it leans to more transition. Everyone wants to tag BB as a slow down coach, but we were not that his first year when we had guys like Stitt, Smith and Young who were experienced backcourt players. We were middle of the pack offensively. Couldn't really run much this year with the lack of depth and experience. And if we play a smaller lineup with Blossomgame at 4, we'll be very quick. One thing Milt or Book could never be called was quick.

I wish we could have seen what Coleman and Blossomgame could have done this year. No doubt, we would have been better with them, And having KJ hobbled from the NC ST game on and then out these last 3 was really a killer. Playing 6 guys, 4 of whom are guards, is not a good recipe for success. It collapsed this year. We'll see if it can begin to be built back up beginning this off season.

We could be a very bad team next year.

Mar 5, 2013, 9:14 PM

Booker and Jennings are pretty much our whole team, especially here at the end of the season.

KJ will emerge as a star next yr***

Mar 5, 2013, 9:18 PM

Can't create his own shot. He's going to miss Booker.***

Mar 5, 2013, 9:22 PM

I disagree with that.***

Mar 5, 2013, 9:24 PM

Why do you think that? I hope you are right, but it is not

Mar 5, 2013, 9:25 PM [ in reply to KJ will emerge as a star next yr*** ]

often that players get that much better in one year or suddenly develop new skills out of nowhere. KJ is a dynamic player around the rim and exciting to watch, and will be one of our best players no doubt, but he is not a good shooter and is not currently on track to be a star (1st or 2nd team All-ACC) in my opinion.

- H. L. Mencken

I think if he can add some mass during the offseason, it

Mar 5, 2013, 9:36 PM

will help his confidence attacking the basket. The kid is a great rebounder and shot blocker but if he can get stronger he will be a challenge for anyone inside. I dont think he will ever be a great shooter but he can be a slasher kind of like a shorter james mays

I agree - but I think at best you can expect to see a

Mar 5, 2013, 9:40 PM

slightly improved version of what he is now. I'll take that, but if he is our "star", then we will continue to struggle to compete in the ACC.

- H. L. Mencken

Sullivan looks very athletic, im anxious to see what he does

Mar 5, 2013, 9:41 PM

next yr

He'll be a junior - and yeah, I know he has/had a problem

Mar 5, 2013, 10:13 PM

with asthma, and I've thought at times that he has shown some real flashes of ability, but my experience tells me that if he hasn't done it by now, he won't. Sure, his production will go up as his PT goes up, but by and large, he is what he is, and about all you can really expect for the next two years is a very slightly improved version of what you've seen the last two - and again that is not enough.

- H. L. Mencken

Re: Lets make that a very very bad team next year. We are

Mar 5, 2013, 9:50 PM [ in reply to We could be a very bad team next year. ]

a bad team this year.

go eat some peanuts***

Mar 5, 2013, 9:55 PM

Re: And I don't disagree with any of that - but while I haven't

Mar 5, 2013, 10:22 PM

Not having a serious post threat is going to really hurt us next year. We will be playing a lot of small lineups that will have to out hustle opposing teams for rebounds next season. We have Landry, but he is still very raw offensively.

Replies: 30
| visibility 1,725
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic