Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I support Coach Morris. Why? Because you don't become a bad
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 14
| visibility 1,557

I support Coach Morris. Why? Because you don't become a bad

Nov 17, 2014, 12:14 PM

coach in one season. Over his track record of winning all those high school games in Texas and also championships and his last 4 years with us having 10 and 11 win seasons with wins over top programs he has proven he is a winner. Just because we have every injury in the book and then some to make this his hardest season of coaching EVER does not mean he is a bad coach. With the right players in the places he wants them his offense will roll.

Do we need a O-line? Yes! Do we need a good QB? Yes. Do we need a new O-Coordinator? No. Just my take. I know there are a lot of agendas floating around but my only agenda is Clemson winning.

GO TIGERS!!!!!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I support Coach Morris. Why? Because you don't become a bad

Nov 17, 2014, 12:22 PM

> coach in one season. Over his track record of winning
> all those high school games in Texas and also
> championships and his last 4 years with us having 10
> and 11 win seasons with wins over top programs he has
> proven he is a winner. Just because we have every
> injury in the book and then some to make this his
> hardest season of coaching EVER does not mean he is a
> bad coach. With the right players in the places he
> wants them his offense will roll.
>
> Do we need a O-line? Yes! Do we need a good QB? Yes.
> Do we need a new O-Coordinator? No. Just my take. I
> know there are a lot of agendas floating around but
> my only agenda is Clemson winning.
>
> GO TIGERS!!!!!!!

He needs to be able to change his game plan when something out of the ordinary happens, plus he needs to coach his other QB's up. Look at what BV did when Goodson got hurt and O'Daniel came in and played a hell of a game.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Agreed!***

Nov 17, 2014, 12:38 PM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I don't think anyjuan thinks he's a bad coach... I certainly

Nov 17, 2014, 12:40 PM

don't ... but I do think there are trends that develop over time, and I don't think he's an exception.

For example... I don't think we have an offensive identity. I know that sounds weird, but I think it's true. I think he's still learning to develop that at this level.

You have to remember, he never had to recruit for his system until he came to Clemson. He was only at Tulsa one year.

I think he's still learning how he scheme effects the kids we go after, and eventually land, on the recruiting trail.

"I've been working since I was 15 continually until now. I worked 40 hours a week at 15, when it wasn't even legal for 15 year olds to work that many hours."

Totally agreed.... Injuries, weak Offensive line, and a QB

Nov 17, 2014, 12:40 PM

that is playing so poorly right now...Its hard for any coach over come those issues...even THE Chad.

Re: Totally agreed.... Injuries, weak Offensive line, and a QB

Nov 17, 2014, 4:44 PM

NCLake: All well and good but my question is simple: Is the recruiting for all the positions you noted done by someone other than our coaching staff because if it is not, you have your answer.

You must be the most depressed person in the world.

Nov 17, 2014, 4:47 PM

I've never seen you post ONE positive thing about Clemson ever. Every post is criticizing someone.

Ever seen a positive coot on TN?***

Nov 17, 2014, 4:50 PM

Nov 17, 2014, 4:34 PM

My concern is an average coach can take good athletes and move the ball. He has not shown the ability to adjust to what the defense is doing to improve offense performance. No one respects his smoke and mirrors anymore, don't believe me, watch us on third and one or fourth and inches.

Nov 17, 2014, 4:36 PM

He shows no adjustments in any game. You have to do this at this level, or you get what we have become this year. Just a matter of time before the smoked cleared.

"IN ORANGE WE TRUST"

Nov 17, 2014, 4:44 PM

I'm interested to see how you feel about Lorenzo ward then considering he has had a lot of success and one bad year. Personally I think the both suck.

It might just be me, but it was still pretty smoky when

Nov 17, 2014, 4:46 PM [ in reply to Re: I support Coach Morris. Why? Because you don't become a bad ]

Watson was QB

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 17, 2014, 4:49 PM [ in reply to Re: I support Coach Morris. Why? Because you don't become a bad ]

braswell: great point. Bottom line is this: If one believes he will improve and change he should be given every opportunity to do so. If not he must go. He has shown a tendency to be bull headed and not listen. His play calling at times is so obvious it is pathetic. For example, it's 3rd and 9 on our own 35, and we trail by seven. I'm thinking blitz.
He apparently doesn't consider that possibility or he doesn't have a play to counteract the blitz. WE lose yards again. Pretty basic stuff.

All In!!***

Nov 17, 2014, 4:48 PM

Nov 17, 2014, 4:56 PM

I think he did great with all of the talent he inherited and that may have covered up some of the flaws in our system. Now that we are having personnel problems and other coaches are used to the type system we are running we are starting to get slowed down/stopped. We are what we are and we do what we do is no longer working.

With that being said I do think Morris knows how to get us going again and it definitely involves adapting to the current situation. Will he do it? That is the question. I don't think we should be screaming to fire him yet but we definitely need to be pushing for some creative changes

Replies: 14
| visibility 1,557
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic