Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I see alot of posters in a panic over the Maryland departure
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 21
| visibility 1

I see alot of posters in a panic over the Maryland departure

Nov 20, 2012, 12:57 PM

and I am curious how many of those posters were among the group of TigerNetters who nearly $#!7 a brick this past summer when Clemson was considering a move to the Big 12 because of concerns they would no longer enjoy the convenience driving to road games at UNC, Georgia Tech, NC State, Wake and Duke.

Now that Maryland has bolted for what is believed to be a greener pasture, with other ACC schools possibly considering a similar move, how is the Big 12 looking now and are you concerned that Clemson may have missed its window of opportunity.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Everyone who says "watch what UMD pays" and the precedent

Nov 20, 2012, 12:59 PM

will be set is wrong...

The precedent was someone leaving the ACC, and it has been set. The Big 10 isn't going to stop going eastward with UMD.

The exit fee is a non-issue... PERIOD.

The precedent was someone leaving, and it has been set.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've been working since I was 15 continually until now. I worked 40 hours a week at 15, when it wasn't even legal for 15 year olds to work that many hours."

that is a valid point, I think B1G wants the VA package now

Nov 20, 2012, 1:24 PM

Tons of TV markets, contiguous, two excellent academic schools, and one rabid fanbase. No brainer. It's a package because of VA politics.

The Big10 would love to expand into VA and NC***

Nov 20, 2012, 1:28 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

So you're saying we're going to the B12, right?

Nov 20, 2012, 1:32 PM [ in reply to Everyone who says "watch what UMD pays" and the precedent ]

;)

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I see alot of posters in a panic over the Maryland departure

Nov 20, 2012, 1:09 PM

Move to the Big 12...how is that working for a WVU team that schooled Clemson last year and has the same team now??? Grow up people, we are fine. Sit back and just think about the game this week. We need this game,this could be a huge turning point in the Clemson program. Recruits, rankings and perception...GO TIGERS!

So we should maintain the status quo for fear of competition

Nov 20, 2012, 1:25 PM

Wow...just wow !!!!

Thinks most on here realize that if Fsu and Clemson were

Nov 20, 2012, 1:15 PM

Invited they would be gone and I think that is becoming even more clear now. If Fsu stays then all is okay for the time being but it is clear that they are waiting for abandon ship opportunity to come knocking

The NCST loss will probably push FSU to leave ASAP

Nov 20, 2012, 1:27 PM

Alabama has enjoyed losing games at home the past two years and still won the championship both times. I say both since it's a free championship to whoever gets ND if it's them.

Ask WV how that's working out for them.

Nov 20, 2012, 1:25 PM

I'm doggone glad we didn't joing the Big 12.

Because you're afraid of competition?***

Nov 20, 2012, 1:29 PM

Why leave ACC where unbeaten = natl champs?

Nov 20, 2012, 1:33 PM

If we had beaten FSU we would be playing for it all. No need to move unless going unbeaten equals no title shot. Which, I should mention, is a possibility in ANY conference, ask 2004 Auburn.

I'm not so sure about that....

Nov 20, 2012, 1:50 PM

particularly based on a couple of two-loss $EC team being currently ranked ahead of us in the latest BCS poll.

Leaving the ACC is about survival. I suspect Maryland was just the first to jump ship. There will likely be others. If you don't think the Big 10 is targeting other ACC schools, you're kidding yourself. The $EC is just watching and waiting to swoop-in and take a couple of others once the collapse begins.

Maybe this is reason for panic? check this out. If this

Nov 20, 2012, 1:31 PM

happens we're screwed.

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/college/conference-realignment-store-st-john-rutgers-article-1.1203850#ixzz2ClqILoFb

Now is not the time to panic....

Nov 20, 2012, 1:54 PM

we should have been doing that over a year ago.

A statement in that report...

Nov 20, 2012, 2:06 PM [ in reply to Maybe this is reason for panic? check this out. If this ]

"The ACC could potentially lose all the attention it was getting in Washington, D.C., because of the enormous interest in Maryland there."

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/college/conference-realignment-store-st-john-rutgers-article-1.1203850#ixzz2Cn6DROqa

The only interest was in Basketball and with NFL, NBA, NHL and (now) MLB teams in the market, that has faded. There is more interest in James Madison University (many Alums expected them to be a FBS program by now) and George Mason University football in the area than Maryland.

Heck, let's make it bigger and say Old Dominion University is going to FBS and instead of joining Conference USA is going to make the jump to the ACC.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Are you serious

Nov 20, 2012, 1:35 PM

are there actually ppl on here that care????

realllllyyy

Re: I'm not so sure about that....

Nov 20, 2012, 2:05 PM

The SEC would most seriously go for FSU and CU bc three rivals are already there, in the southeast, and no matter how much I hate the SEC hype, this would be the best time to go while we are playing this good.... All we have to do is keep winning and they will come to us

Don't hold your breath

Nov 20, 2012, 2:35 PM

Florida, Georgia and South Carolina will never ever support a recommendation to add Clemson and Florida State to the $EC.

There is a better chance of your nailing Jessica Biel.

Re: Don't hold your breath

Nov 20, 2012, 3:59 PM

How did you get my girls pic ... Lol... you might be right but with GA playing is, scar playing us and FU/FSU... wouldn't it be better for it to be in conference rivals?

Just remember....The Dude says....

Nov 20, 2012, 4:03 PM

FSU and Clemson have an offer from the B12. What's taking so long to accept?

Re: Just remember....The Dude says....

Nov 20, 2012, 4:29 PM

They are waiting for the B 12 to pay the 50 MILL

Replies: 21
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic