Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I really wish Notre Dame would join the conference or get
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 13
| visibility 2,378

I really wish Notre Dame would join the conference or get

Sep 4, 2018, 9:39 AM

the heck out. Would they let other teams join in other sports accept football? Notre Dame could be a great revenue source for football which is why, I assume, they don't want to join us in terms of football. I do realize you can opt out if you don't field a team in that sport such as lacrosse and hockey, gymnastics, softball etc but if you field a team in that sport it seems to me you should be in the conference or not.

For those who disagree don't get concerned. Nobody pays much attention to my opinion so you're safe

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I really wish Notre Dame would join the conference or get

Sep 4, 2018, 9:42 AM

Because Swofford. He can't negotiate a good deal.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Screw Calford.

Swofford is slimey, but he also took the ACC from falling apart

Sep 4, 2018, 11:44 AM

to being solidly united as a conference. Bringing in ND has not hurt us in any way, but playing them helped boost our SOS on the way the CFP in 2015.. and what a fun game.

I'm pretty pleased with the job he's done for the conference.. the exception is the complete lack of punishment for unc, but I don't profess to know the legalities of that.

Lulvul and ND have been solid additions.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

I completely agree with you

If the CFP would penalize teams for not playing in a conference championship then that would give them a little push but unfortunatly they don’t. Hopefully some how some day they either join or leave. I personally don’t care which. ???????

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I completely agree with you

If the CFP would penalize teams for not playing in a conference championship then that would give them a little push but unfortunatly they don’t. Hopefully some how some day they either join or leave. I personally don’t care which. ???????

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 4, 2018, 9:44 AM

I agree! #ALLIN or #ALLOUT!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Then they would have a conf championship game to knock

Sep 4, 2018, 9:46 AM

them out of the playoffs. Right now they are only 1 of maybe three teams that can make the playoff without having to play for a conf champ first

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Are you including Bama in those 3?***

Sep 4, 2018, 11:38 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 4, 2018, 11:52 AM

they wont. used to live near there., too arrogant and get a pass into the playoff s if they are ever good. they need to be given a deadline and kicked to the curb if they dont

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Notre Dame can't take the cut in pay.***

Sep 4, 2018, 11:57 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 4, 2018, 12:04 PM

Need to add ND and either WV or UCF in my opinion! Be the 1st conference to get 16 teams and drop 1 of these meaningless games(Furman or GA Southern) each year and have another conference game! Seems simple to me.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 4, 2018, 12:38 PM

I agree with most, but my only reservation is that we should always play an instate school that needs the big payday. It makes SC stronger academically IMO, and we can certainly use that. I am opposed to playing the smaller schools from outside SC. I guess CLEMSON considers that good PR for recruiting, but not sure that is needed any longer.

And I am not including USUC in the list of those smaller SC schools that need a big payday, since we already have to play them.

Sep 4, 2018, 12:46 PM [ in reply to Re: Notre Dame can't take the cut in pay.*** ]

fair warning, you do not want wvwho in the conference. You think the students at uscjr are bad. wvwho students throw BATTERIES at the visitors !!!! Batteries!

Their academics are suspect and they are perennially in the top five of party schools.

I Have News For You

Sep 4, 2018, 12:22 PM

Sooner rather than later Clemson will institute a similar relationship with the ACC that Notre Dame currently employs.

Replies: 13
| visibility 2,378
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic