Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I realize we don't have a choice, but would 2 more months of this...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 19
| visibility 682

I realize we don't have a choice, but would 2 more months of this...

Apr 15, 2020, 6:44 PM

be hard on you? I feel like 2 more weeks will be brutal.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

very fortunate wife and i both retired and kids still

Apr 15, 2020, 6:52 PM

employed but even with that i'm sick of it

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: very fortunate wife and i both retired and kids still

Apr 15, 2020, 6:57 PM

I am single with a dog. Lucky to have the dog around. Way too confined at home.

Yeah, 2 months more of the same would be pretty nuts.

Apr 15, 2020, 6:57 PM

Though we are highly adaptable creatures, and as Clemson folk have a natural edge in the ingenuity department, so we got that going for us.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm ready to meet friends out for beers

Apr 15, 2020, 7:11 PM

Again. Go to a movie. Take kids bowling. Kids are starting to get stir crazy

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2005_majors_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-xtiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I told my wife if this goes on for say, 6 more months

Apr 15, 2020, 7:52 PM

I'm not sure how many people would have jobs. A year would collapse our economy, and probably result in civil unrest.

Even 2 more months will cause a lot more demand destruction.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I told my wife if this goes on for say, 6 more months

Apr 15, 2020, 7:56 PM

I think there would be riots in 2 months if it stayed like this.

Re: I told my wife if this goes on for say, 6 more months

Apr 16, 2020, 9:07 AM

You have teens all over the streets in the city, shootings are up, homicides are up. They are doing Fight Clubs in broad daylight with masks on.....just for something to do.

Its insanity.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sounds like an awesome place to live***

Apr 16, 2020, 11:12 AM

That would be about my limit. Hardest thing would be

Apr 15, 2020, 9:31 PM

2yo/6yo/11yo and both wife and I working from home, with no child care. After 2 more months, there would be some financial strain. 2, maybe 3 would be my limit. #### gets real after about 4-6 months though.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I thought a friend of mine was on the verge of divorce

Apr 16, 2020, 8:09 AM

And this thing might finally make them crack.

One month in,

Apr 16, 2020, 9:00 AM

and I've taken a 20% pay cut working on a skeleton crew, while the rest of the staff is furloughed.

I reckon with two more months of this, I'll be looking at a lot more time on T-Net. Once I exhaust all pron databases first, of course. Priorities.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

As long as I'm still working I'm handle

Apr 16, 2020, 9:07 AM

the other stuff. I kinda hate it but I'd be fine.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: As long as I'm still working I'm handle

Apr 16, 2020, 9:08 AM

you need a 5 year old and a 2 year old to handle. that would change the sentiment. :)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oh I'd probably have gone bonkers already.***

Apr 16, 2020, 9:22 AM

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Probably wouldn’t be using words like “bonkers,” either.***

Apr 16, 2020, 11:11 AM

Re: Probably wouldn’t be using words like “bonkers,” either.***

Apr 16, 2020, 11:15 AM

Darn tootin!

Re: I'm very close to

Apr 16, 2020, 9:49 AM

thriving on this craziness, except for the over-eating. I'm a bit of a loner anyway so this is not a hardship. I do miss having a dog. I could ask my son to bring his maniac Boykin over for a few days. That would fix that for quite a while.

Working from home...LOL! What a joke. My bosses don't even have anything to do but forward stoopid emails. I read a little plans and procedures every day, occasional conference calls, monitor my email, keep my phone charged and close. I do my part in the on-call rotation. This stuff keeps up for two more months and I will have all the projects I was putting off for retirement done. I'm not retiring as long as they paying me to do this! Eh, probably check out at the end of the year if covids ain't got me.

I stay in touch with a few friends on the phone. They haven't changed their life too much. Told a girlfriend "No, you can't come see me! Stay yo asp in Gawga!" I've been good and staying home but will soon check out some private boat landings that I know are open during the weekdays. Soon as I get the irrigation fixed and some more yard work done here at my main residence I will setup operations at my country estate which could keep me occupied for years if I am looking for more projects.

I do have empathy for all ya'll raising kids during this shit-storm. I would not be able to cope with something like that at this point in my life. I feel blessed to be in the situation I have. Thanks Lunge for doing your part to keep me entertained. Keep up the Lord's work!

Its been good and bad...

Apr 16, 2020, 10:35 AM

no new intakes so this time next year might be squirrely financially, but cases are still resolving even if they are taking more time to do so. The wife and I get along great so that's been a positive to spend more time together even if we are working in different rooms. Wife was going to be commuting an hour and a half for a pretty good paying job but now she's doing it remotely. So that is good too.

Oldest daughter is headed to college next year and since she can't do all the fun senior stuff or really see her friends she's wanting to hang out with us, which has been fun. Getting to show her classic movies she hasn't seen yet. For a kid I only met four years ago, she's a huge part of my heart.

The oldest boy is 16 and mostly videogaming and I presume watching ####. He grunts a lot at mealtime and in response to questions. He really only seems to want to talk to the toddler for any length of time but she thinks he's cool so it works out.

Middle daughter and youngest son are binge watching netflix shows on the porch most days and taking dogs for walks and playing with the toddler.

Toddler is pretty much basking in the constant attention.

Today the older kids are all with their respective other parents through the weekend, so maybe my wife and I can have sex while the toddler naps. Otherwise it's early morning or late at night only.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-fordprefect.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I am prepared mentally for 6 more weeks or so. but I am

Apr 16, 2020, 12:37 PM

finally started to crave some social time with friends. So far it's been me, the wife and teh 5yo. that and working full-time keeps us busy. So there's been little time for home projects, even the ones I was planning to do this time of year. But that is probably for the best since, I fear, like many, about the state of my job and others if this goes on too much longer. It's probably better to just keep adding to the savings right now. :-|

Also, I"m probably going to end up on meds before this is all said and done. My nerves can't handle all this uncertainty.

"It's Baltimore, Gentlemen; the Gods will not save you."

Replies: 19
| visibility 682
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic