Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
how many of you here have never taken a sick day?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 12
| visibility 572

how many of you here have never taken a sick day?

Mar 24, 2020, 11:58 AM

I bet there are fair amount of people here who work through most illnesses on the job. Whether it is cold-flu, etc. I've seen it all, people will work through broken bones, even cancer. Sometimes it is the ocd workaholic in us, and sometimes it is out of fear of being viewed as too soft.

I'd say this is as good a time as any to reset the attitudes of both employers and employees about paid sick leave and forcing ourselves to get healthy before we return to work.

This sounds obvious, but I've heard too many work situations can also be ruthless and unforgiving when it comes to people calling in sick. This is definitely not the time for foremen and supervisors to be a-holes about people taking sick days.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I once tried a case with a large bottle of an opioid syrup

Mar 24, 2020, 12:25 PM

on the counsel table and worked right through despite having pneumonia.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-conservativealex.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Let me brag about how I sacrificed my health

Mar 24, 2020, 12:27 PM

and and potentially not being there for my family for a job that would replace me before my obituary is up.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I like your funny words magic man

Re: Let me brag about how I sacrificed my health

Mar 24, 2020, 1:38 PM

why do you think you are now going to die at every turn?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I once went to an entire DMB concert with mono and only the

Mar 24, 2020, 12:27 PM [ in reply to I once tried a case with a large bottle of an opioid syrup ]

Assistance of beer and nitrous balloons.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

My partner had a heart attack in the middle of opening

Mar 24, 2020, 2:27 PM [ in reply to I once tried a case with a large bottle of an opioid syrup ]

statement and decided that he would win the case right there He didn't tell the judge he was having a heart attack until he finished his opening.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-fordprefect.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

mine increased sick days and leave***

Mar 24, 2020, 12:39 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2005_majors_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-xtiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Coffee is for closers...ABC***

Mar 24, 2020, 12:43 PM

If she's a hollerer, she'll be a screamer.
If she's a screamer, she'll get you arrested.

and I'm here for Mitch and Murray***

Mar 24, 2020, 12:52 PM

Re: how many of you here have never taken a sick day?

Mar 24, 2020, 1:08 PM

A real one? I have faked it. I have never been sick for school or as an adult. I have never been too sick to do anything in my life. I have had food poisoning. I have had huge hangovers, but I don't get sick. I have had a cold before though. Thats just a runny or stuffed nose. Nobody in my family gets sick. Well, my Dad died of cancer, but not basic sickness. I have never seen my Mom, brother, or sister get sick before. Some people always get sick. I am not even sure what it feels like. Same as a hangover?

I don't even take vacation days

Mar 24, 2020, 1:12 PM

If I stay gone for 2 weeks, they'll figure out pretty quickly I can be gone the other 50 weeks, too.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That's funny...***

Mar 24, 2020, 2:35 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: how many of you here have never taken a sick day?

Mar 24, 2020, 2:38 PM

I was bragging in this thread about not getting sick, but forgot to add a major flaw I have. I always get hurt. I have broken a bunch of bones, tore ligaments, and have slipped discs. I would prefer sickness I think. This year alone I broke my ribs, lacerated an artery in my face, and slipped a disc. I need to get surgery soon as all this mess passes.

Replies: 12
| visibility 572
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic