Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
After licking my wounds, I still have questions
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 4
| visibility 1

After licking my wounds, I still have questions

Jan 15, 2020, 6:27 PM

First, the defense gave enough in the beginning of the game and the start of the second half, to give the offense to take over.

Second, I saw the offensive line got to be dominant in a CFP game. If we're all honest with our selves, our o-line was overpowered in every CFP game until this point (ND and OK games being equal to give those CU lines the respect they deserve).

Blowing their guys of the ball on run plays is how evey team played their game plan. The idea that it was clear to see, our run game could be the one to play that game plan, and we went away from it is baffling.

Third, we hitched our wagons on defense to the belief our best corner could shut down their explosive same-sized receiver. Got to be honest, that's a wagon I was on board. We had every reason to believe Terrell could shut down one-on-one coverage with Chase. Terrell didn't, but that's not the problem.

Fourth, our d-line wasn't able to get to Burrow without help from all out blitzes. Say they we're holding, every team does. Say it was only a 3-down lineman we were using. 3rd-and-forever, I expect three lineman to at least get the QB off their spot.

Fifth, don't give up 3rd-and-19. That's an extra hurdle that team wasn't able to overcome.

Sixth, let's love every player and coach b/c they allowed us to join them on this journey this year. They got outplayed and out coached, and they know it. But, we wouldn't even be allowed to complain if they didn't go 14-0 and earn their spot in the final game.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I miss when phone post had the opportunity to correct grammar***

Jan 15, 2020, 6:32 PM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Good points but at the end of the day LSU just had a better group of athletes.

Jan 15, 2020, 6:35 PM

Unfortunately I felt that way going into the game after watching them several times. Some of the things we did and could control didn’t help us but at the end of the day they were just better. I’m not going to overthink it too much. It’s a great year and nothing to be ashamed of to know that LSU was the only team better than us this year. We’ve been in the NC game four out the last five years. Nobody wins them all but I’m proud of where the program is and what it’s become under Swinney.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Good points but at the end of the day LSU just had a better group of athletes.

Jan 15, 2020, 10:25 PM

Understand what you're saying but a lot of us enjoy analyzing football games and I think it's healthy to have sincere debates. At least it is for me.

You are spot on about one thing though, LSU had better athletes on the field than we did.

Not going to be popular post, but I sure hope Tyler G is going to be a better wide receivers coach than Jeff Scott. The amount of talent he had is phenomenal. They tend to rely on raw talent unlike Hunter who was a great route runner. Our wide receivers once in the NFL for a while become great at obtaining leverage and catching with their hands.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Agree

Jan 16, 2020, 6:52 AM

I wasn’t trying to knock anyone for analyzing the game but for me personally I’m not going to do it that much. I agree with you about the WRs. If we’re being honest we really haven’t maximized the potential of our skill players. For the most part they really lacked physicality against LSU’s elite DBs. Monday night was somewhat reminiscent of the FSU game in 2013 the way our receivers were handled though not quite that bad. Our routes need to be a lot more creative as well. Oh and while I’m at it why did we abandon the run? There I go analyzing this thing. OK I will stop??

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 4
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic