Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Just think about this...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 5
| visibility 877

Just think about this...

Sep 27, 2012, 8:59 AM

I'm just going to say this; I won't make any declarations of a national title or anything like that. However, think about this for a moment. Our biggest issue this year is on the defensive line. It hurts every other position on the field, and we're trying to fix that in a big way. We have Robert Nkemdiche committed, a 5 star DE and the #1 recruit. We have Scott Pagano committed, a 4 star DT. We have Montravius Adams, a 5 star DT, down to us and Auburn, and he's possibly a Clemson lean (knock on wood).

That's 3 big time players who can come in and not only contribute right away, but be dominant players right away. If that happens, you have to worry about blocking them, which frees up room for our linebackers to come in and make plays on blitzes and in run support, and its at that point that you'll see the Venables zone scheme start to really click. As of right now, we don't have the players on the line to make it work like its needs to.

But if we get a big-time defense that works like its supposed to, to go with our offense...well, I said I wouldn't make any declarations. But we'd certainly be in the running.

Clemson is coming. Believe it.

Message was edited by: 6317forever®

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re:Just think about this...Big helps here- the secondary is

Sep 27, 2012, 9:04 AM

another area needing help. we still have some recruiting work to do there it seems

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You're right. But a good pass rush can cover up

Sep 27, 2012, 9:05 AM

secondary deficiencies.

Re: You're right. But a good pass rush can cover up- true

Sep 27, 2012, 9:15 AM

I'm thinking of bodies though. Seems we lose several guys this year. not sure we back filled those spots yet

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I like thinking like that***

Sep 27, 2012, 9:06 AM

Valid points and exciting to think about. But my question

Sep 27, 2012, 9:30 AM

for you, 6317, if you're at Winthrop, how's the social life? LOL (Rock Hill is my hometown.)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 5
| visibility 877
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic