Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I like CBB, but....
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 7
| visibility 1

I like CBB, but....

Mar 13, 2019, 3:56 PM

if we don't make the tournament he should be fired. He is a good dude, but 1 tournament ever with his players? 1? It doesn't matter who we hire, because they can not do worse. If we make it, then he is fine. If we do not, then he should be gone. Let's get real. I hope we make it and keep him. If we don't, he should be canned. He will have made it 1 time with his players if not over all of these years.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I like CBB, but....

Mar 13, 2019, 3:58 PM

I dont see us making the tournament not with that second half

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 13, 2019, 4:05 PM

Time will tell. If we do not, he should be gone. Period. I like him. I want it to work. That said, if we don't make it, then he has not worked. We might as well try something new even if that fails. It can not be worse.

At some point, results have to matter.

Mar 13, 2019, 4:15 PM

We are at that point. Either we are satisfied with being a consistent bubble team (or worse), or we make a change. Not much hope for improvement next year, so that means barring the best recruiting class in Clemson history, we are years away from another NCAA tournament, and that's not acceptable for a coach with BB's record. I'd be surprised if we made a change, however, and expect the misery to continue.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Mar 13, 2019, 4:23 PM

Today might have swayed me once and for all .
I am not a blame game guy , and I think CBB has given all he can possibly give to Clemson basketball ... but he just hasn't got any more to give apparently .
Not a swipe at him and I wished he'd have followed up that Sweet 16 run with another one this year but he's not gonna .
I hopethe administration sees to the business of improving CU men's basketball .
There's someone out there that can take us to where we want to go , just have to do the diligence .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Mar 13, 2019, 4:26 PM

I love CBB and it would hurt me to see him go, BUT when is enough enough? I agree with you.

Mar 13, 2019, 4:31 PM [ in reply to Re: I like CBB, but.... ]

I like him also but the numbers aren't very good. Recruiting? 4 of the starters are transfer so he either cant recruit or cant develop players he did recruit. 2ND if you lose that many close games at the end something is missing. He never tries to score with a in-bounds play under our own basket. It is just throw it past half court to get it in. Even if you have to steal another coach's play at least have something to run so it has to be defended.

I think BB is a smart basketball guy, a fine coach,

Mar 13, 2019, 4:39 PM [ in reply to Re: I like CBB, but.... ]

and a great "Clemson man". I think he "gets it" when it comes to basketball, and to Clemson basketball in particular. He may not have had a fair shot with outdated facilities and lack of support. I wish it had been different for him. We are at a point where none of that matters anymore. We have to look forward, and regardless of whether or not it's all his fault, he is inextricably tied to his record here and to the perception of Clemson basketball. All of that must change if there is any hope of getting better.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Replies: 7
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic