Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Worst Smell Ever
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 32
| visibility 516

Worst Smell Ever

Jun 15, 2018, 8:33 AM

If any of you want to smell the WORST smell ever, head down I-26 towards Charleston, get off on HWY 210 (Vance/Bowman). Head towards Bowman and stop at the BP station that is about 0.1 miles from the interstate.

There HAD to be a dead body rotting somewhere around the gas station.

We pulled up, I hit the automatic doors on the Town & Country and got out. I didn't notice the smell at first. The wife and kids start screaming and raising t-total heII about the smell and then it hits me. The kids start crying, wife is screaming. In her panic, she double-taps the automatic doors and they don't close. Chaos ensues. We drive off as fast as we can and get gas at the next gas station down the road.

This smell takes the #1 position on my list.

Worst Smells Ever
1. BP Station in Bowman, SC
2. Gaston pig farm, where the meth head woman was hanging pig carcasses from trees, so the maggots would drop on the ground to feed her chickens. "Maggots is GOOD protein", she said.
3. New Orleans, two weeks after Katrina. The mold, spoiled foods, dead bodies, etc. No bueno.

If I had to guess, it smelled like a Nazi concentration camp.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

S??? ????? ???? ??? ??????? ?????? ???? ??? ??????,
S??? ????? ?? ?? ???????? ???? ? ??????? ??? ????? ?????..

Re: Worst Smell Ever

Jun 15, 2018, 8:37 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-willmo.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cat on a tin roof, dogs in a pile,
Nothin' left to do but smile, smile, smile!!!!

lost me at ..."I didn't notice the smell at first."***

Jun 15, 2018, 8:39 AM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

About 5 years ago, my mom was cutting up a chicken

Jun 15, 2018, 8:45 AM

and needed to run to the store to get something. She got in a wreck in front of her house and was in the hospital for a week. It was August. My SIL went to her house the day it happened to get some clothes and threw the chicken in the trash (outside thank God).

A week later... I had the unfortunate job of getting that chicken out of trash and to the dump.

Worst.
Smell.
Ever.

A close second was a rabbit house where a family we know raises show rabbits. There were about 150 rabbits in cages in this (air conditioned) building. They clean cages once a week and it was a few hours before cleaning time. Nassss Teeeee.

Don't know, but it can only equal 20 lb rotting shrimp heads

Jun 15, 2018, 8:55 AM

in a dumpster that have been fermenting for a good 4-5 days in the hot summer sun. That standard of putridity can not be surpassed, only equaled.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oh, solution to never make this mistake....

Jun 15, 2018, 9:04 AM

FREEZE the shrimp heads in the freezer and THEN put them in the dumpster when you roll it to the street on the day (or night before) they pick up the trash.

We always stick the heads in the freezer in a bag and then toss them on garbage day.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

any 'meat' scraps go in the freezer, and stay there 'til

Jun 15, 2018, 10:27 AM

5 minutes before I go to the dump

Meat? Pfft. Rotten meat smells like Chanel #5 compared to

Jun 15, 2018, 11:16 AM

frimp heads.

Side note: I met a woman named Chanel the other day, pronounced just like the perfume.

Didn't get close enough, but I imagine she smells somewhere between the rotten meat and shrimp heads.

meat was in quotes to imply a broader category that included

Jun 15, 2018, 11:19 AM

skrimps (while uncommon) and other discarded seafood (less uncommon)

Ahh. makes cents.***

Jun 15, 2018, 11:26 AM

Tiggity Johnson is right!***

Jun 15, 2018, 9:30 AM [ in reply to Don't know, but it can only equal 20 lb rotting shrimp heads ]

Downtown Nashville, last week, has to be on that

Jun 15, 2018, 8:56 AM

list somewhere

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Downtown Nashville, last week, has to be on that

Jun 15, 2018, 10:36 AM

Obed

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

worst smell I have experienced

Jun 15, 2018, 8:57 AM

A friend raised cattle on his farm. He called me one Saturday to come help him with a dead calf.

Calf had died in the barn, which was chock full of hay. It had somehow maneuvered around the hay bales, gotten stuck behind them way in the back and died. We had to figure out how to get the little SOB out of there.

This was July. It was 110 degrees in that barn. The stench was literally breathtaking, it even made your eyes water. First we had to clear a path by moving about 100 bales of hay, which was exhausting even without the sensory challenges. Calf weighed about 200-300 pounds, and it had been dead for awhile (he thought it had run off, or was stolen, for several weeks). So we had to move 200 pounds of rotten, maggot-infested meat and bones that fell apart to the touch. In 100 degree heat. Ack.

Both of us got sick. My friend went to his house and got a jar of Mentholatum to stuff up our noses to try and mask the smell while we did this hot sweaty, putrid task. That actually helped, but Lord that was one nasty task.

That was 15 years ago and I can still smell it today.

I had planned to catch a major buzz this morning and watch

Jun 15, 2018, 9:05 AM

the US Open. But after reading that, I'm high as #### just sitting in my house breathing clean air...

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

smoking cigarettes and writing something nasty on the wall

yes, clean fresh air is totally underappreciated

Jun 15, 2018, 9:15 AM

I think we all take it too much for granted.

And always keep the barn door closed :)

You sir are a true friend!***

Jun 15, 2018, 11:40 AM [ in reply to worst smell I have experienced ]

^^^Drives a mini van***

Jun 15, 2018, 8:59 AM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

you dang straight

Jun 15, 2018, 9:02 AM

video of me fleeing from the stank ### gas station:

My Dad has a toe that is slated to be removed at the end

Jun 15, 2018, 9:06 AM

of this month and rumor has it, rotten flesh is a pretty rotten smell. Luckily I have not had the pleasure of getting a GOOD whiff of it, only passive smellz.

Doc thinks he had a clot that went that way instead of the other. Cut off circulation to the toe and the toe died. Doctor was initially treating it as an infection and therefore it got worse and worse. Other doctor finally said remove it. Side note, Dad has only been able to wear bedroom slippers with the side cut out for a few weeks now. Getting old and sick sucks.

ITZONLYSMELLZ

2024 purple level memberringofhonor-greenr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No doubt about it, this os the POD.

Jun 15, 2018, 9:07 AM

The comments are awesome as well. Dang, that cafe must have been horrible. Bet y'all had to burn your clothes.

I honestly thought after the calf/barn incident

Jun 15, 2018, 9:23 AM

that I would be coming down with some sort of typhoid/botulism/black plague disease after breathing that toxic air for such a long time. I worried about it for several MONTHS, for real.

After I read about it, I thought that.

Jun 15, 2018, 9:37 AM

That kinda smell gets in your nose and on your skin, and no telling what kind of diseases you were stirring up moving it around.

I said that the smell in my story was the worst of smells

Jun 15, 2018, 10:35 AM [ in reply to I honestly thought after the calf/barn incident ]

i think that credit might go to yours, instead.

I know we joke about it alot on here

Jun 15, 2018, 10:43 AM

but this was seriously considered as a viable solution more than once during the process.....

You've obviously never taken a wiff of a Crack Hoars pooosay

Jun 15, 2018, 9:28 AM

after a full days work

For relaxing times, make it Suntory time

Is it THAT obvious?

Jun 15, 2018, 9:39 AM

BOO !!

Jun 15, 2018, 9:41 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

smoking cigarettes and writing something nasty on the wall

Re: BOO !!

Jun 15, 2018, 9:45 AM

yep. that's it.

Similar experience 'cept at the Costco gas station in gville

Jun 15, 2018, 10:24 AM

had to be something big that was also something dead in the wooded area between the gas station and 385. The smell was warm and tangible. It clung to my car for miles, too, even driving 70mph for a few miles.

I dry heaved almost the entire time I was pumping the gas. My daughter just cried in the car.

This was the worst of smellz.

DGUAR with the lulz

Jun 15, 2018, 10:28 AM

"The smell was warm and tangible. It clung to my car for miles, too, even driving 70mph for a few miles."

at first I was all

and then I was

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

WHO'S ENGLAND NOW, MUHFUG?***

Jun 15, 2018, 10:34 AM

I could almost TASTE it as i read!

Jun 15, 2018, 10:44 AM [ in reply to DGUAR with the lulz ]

Replies: 32
| visibility 516
Archives - General Boards Archive