Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I know a lot of people on TNET calls Dabo a cheerleader.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 22
| visibility 1

I know a lot of people on TNET calls Dabo a cheerleader.

Nov 4, 2013, 10:19 AM

I saw BC's coach Steve Addazio cheering his team on and wondered if he was being a cheerleader or showing entusiasm for his teams effort. What do you all think? Personally I like Dabo and I'm enjoying our success right now and hope this group of coaches stay together for a good long time.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I know a lot of people on TNET calls Dabo a cheerleader.

Nov 4, 2013, 10:26 AM

To me it doesnt matter about all that. The head coach makes the final decisions on everything. He hires/fires coordinators and he is the final voice of the program.

So the head coach deserves the credit for the wins and the blame for the losses regardless of coaching style. It all stops with him.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

True but Tnet gives Dabo undue praise for wins and zero

Nov 4, 2013, 1:11 PM

blame after losses. Tnet is excuse central.

The only "excuses" are the ones you desperately dream up

Nov 4, 2013, 8:02 PM

trying to downgrade the factually great job Dabo Swinney is doing.

I like his energy.

Nov 4, 2013, 10:27 AM

I think that his passion and emotion is what helps him land recruits and compete with the big boys. Coaches all have their thing that draws a recruit. Saban has his success with Titles and NFL draft picks, Mark Richt is know for his Christianity, Spurrier has his reputation from his UF days. Dabo's thing is his energy and passion. His players respond well to it

Yep, Spurlid has a reputation too. Not a good one though.***

Nov 4, 2013, 8:29 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 4, 2013, 10:49 AM

I like the enthusiasm Dabo shows, but more importantly the players and the recruits seem to like it, too. Whatever he is doing seems to be working pretty well considering the administrative requirements Dabo must work under that many others don't have to deal with.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The FSU game says otherwise.***

Nov 4, 2013, 1:09 PM

Re: The FSU game says otherwise.***

Nov 4, 2013, 7:54 PM

Believe whatever you wish. There are some trolls on here who don't think football games were played before 4 years ago as well. Those other 100 plus years say otherwise. The FSU game may just have been a fluke, like when LSU beat AL a couple of years ago, then in the NC game got their doors blown off. Doubtful there would be as many things to go wrong for us nor right for them if we played again, but believe whatever you wish. Fact is they did whip our butts in the game we played, but that aside Dabo and our staff are doing very many things right, and some can't stand it.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The whole body of work:

Nov 4, 2013, 7:57 PM [ in reply to The FSU game says otherwise.*** ]

Better than basically any coach we've ever had, save Danny Ford. And Dabo is just getting started. If no one snatches him away, he will surpass Ford's body of work.

Sucks to be you.

Re: The whole body of work:

Nov 4, 2013, 8:18 PM

You are so right on all your points in this post!

I love to be a cheerleader that

Nov 4, 2013, 11:07 AM

Makes millions a year. Dabo ain't no dummy. You don't get in his position being stupid

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We do Chicken right...it's not just for frying anymore!

Re: I love to be a cheerleader that

Nov 4, 2013, 11:10 AM

Cheers all the way to the bank :)

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That BS came from internet message boards and rival fans

Nov 4, 2013, 11:15 AM

when Dabo first got hired with no HC experience. Who cares.

STS is a rival's bored?

Nov 4, 2013, 11:17 AM

Now it all makes sense.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 4, 2013, 11:42 AM

Lots of coaches get fired up and excited on the sidelines, where Dabo gets the criticism outside of Clemson fans is his interview rambling

He turns pre and post game press conference into a string of clichés and the FSU vs Clemson 5 out of 10 statement really confirmed what many thought of him add to that the rant against USC and outsiders look at him like Gundy a few years ago when he yelled I'm a man, I'm 40. Now he has Okla St winning year in year out and people seem to have forgotten some of his youthful mistakes

We have no issues with him but the rest of the country doesn't give him much respect. Beat USC go to BCS win big and embarrass the other team like FSU and WVU did on the national stage and things will change for him and the Tigers for real. Lose to USC go to Chick Fil A bowl and be relegated to a top 20 team rather than a top 5 team. the season still sets up for a big one

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You misspelled "a few + some coots"***

Nov 4, 2013, 12:40 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

out of ignorance***

Nov 4, 2013, 12:43 PM

If our OL and players in general played as tough as BC then

Nov 4, 2013, 1:08 PM

Dabo could cheer all he wanted. Until then he needs to toughen us up. Our OL is terrible.

Yeah, #7 in the BCS. Dabo should stop cheering immediately.

Nov 4, 2013, 1:09 PM

You're a smart one eh Blue Caddy?

Yet we can't get a tough yard consistently if our life

Nov 4, 2013, 1:13 PM

depended on it and we have struggled at times against some very bad teams. We sure looked top 10 versus FSU! Fail!

You know, it's funny, the more you type the dumber you look.***

Nov 4, 2013, 1:17 PM

i like dabo's enthusiasm and excitment vs sabon's dead

Nov 4, 2013, 1:27 PM

serious personality. both great coaches imo.

Replies: 22
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic