Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
The whole immigration debacle summed up.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 27
| visibility 807

The whole immigration debacle summed up.

Jun 22, 2018, 8:44 AM

Let's clear the air on something real quick. This whole immigration crisis didn't begin under the Trump administration. The US has had a crisis regarding immigration for more than 30 years. The difference is that President Trump is bringing a lot of ignored issues to light.

A Few Facts Regarding Immigration:

1. President Trump is not the one who initiated the separations of families at the border. Detainment of illegal immigrants has been the policy of the United States since the 1970s. During the Clinton administration the policy was amended to include the separation of families. The policy was amended again in 2002 under a democrat controlled congress that would allow for the DHS to become involved with illegal immigration issues as it pertained to national security. In 2014 under the Obama administration, they added the whole cage issues that people are seeing President Trump do.

2. The Political Impact: Just this month, congress held a session to vote on separating families. The bill on the floor would allow the families to remain together. 100% of the entire democrat party voted "NO" on allowing families to remain together. All but 41 republicans voted "YES" on allowing families to remain together.

Why did they do this? It's because President Trump would have to sign an executive order to make the changes. This would mean that President Trump signed an executive order the violates US Law. Now the democrat party believes it has enough to impeach President Trump, and will attempt to do so after the midterm elections if they win the house of representatives. To even begin an impeachment of a sitting US President, you must first have the approval of the house majority. The Vice President still has a veto wielding vote and can vote against the house. In other words, unless President Trump resigns or dies in office he will remain as the President of the United States.

3. The media debacle and the so called popular opinion reflects incorrect viewpoints. The so called migrant children are not migrants, they're illegal immigrants who were brought here against their will by their parents. Around 80% of the children who are discovered are unaccompanied without their parents. Many of them sold into some human trafficking circle by their parents for money. So let's not give it any real weight in the matter. The children being detained by ICE or other federal agencies were not being mistreated in any way. In fact, we treat Taliban Detainees better than the migrant parents treat their own children.

4. These people are not political refugees seeking asylum. In fact, that isn't the way to seek asylum in the United States. There is only one legal way to seek asylum. You must enter the US through a federally recognized port of entry and formally request asylum. While you're waiting on a response, the US Government will issue a temporary visa for your stay in the US. If your request is approved then you will become a legal resident as a political refugee, and you can then apply for US citizenship. If your request is denied, then you will be deported. It's that simple folks.

BONUS POINT: I am so sick and tired of these liberals who believe that our nation owes foreigners some form of citizenship because they crossed into our nation. How would you like it if I entered your home through a window unannounced and made the claim that I lived in your home simply because I'm there? Guest do not enter your home through the window, they usually knock on your door and wait to be invited in. Even if you invite a guest, they still abide by your house rules. When their visit is over, they return to their own domicile and exit your home. So, saying we should have a nation without borders is almost like saying we should have homes without doors.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Our country won't go on forever, if we stay soft as we are now. There won't be any America because some foreign soldiery will invade us and take our women and breed a hardier race.

~Chesty Puller
Lt.General United States Marine Corps

These threads never end well for you so..in for the popcorn***

Jun 22, 2018, 8:48 AM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I just wish everyone wasn't so blinded by politics.

Jun 22, 2018, 8:59 AM

You are being played. Pubs and dems. People are bitching about Obama doing it. People are bitching about Trump doing it. Republicans are blaming democrats for the problem. Democrats are blaming republicans for the problem. Trump finally caves.

Meanwhile, in Congress, they're like...

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Roberto, don’t be like balm, refute the man

Jun 22, 2018, 9:39 AM [ in reply to These threads never end well for you so..in for the popcorn*** ]

If there is something to refute.

Balm is the slug that comes out at night on your porch just so you get it smeared between your toes.......

Robertn.....sorry

Jun 22, 2018, 9:40 AM

Roberto is my ceo...

Clemente?***

Jun 22, 2018, 9:49 AM [ in reply to Roberto, don’t be like balm, refute the man ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Thanks, Chesty!

Jun 22, 2018, 9:43 AM

I’m sure the shadowy libs on here will be TDing in mass.....

Re: The whole immigration debacle summed up.

Jun 22, 2018, 9:48 AM

The first sentence in #1 is a lie so I quit reading. Everything after that is worthless.

there are pictures all over the place with kids

Jun 22, 2018, 10:04 AM

in cages under Obama. Keep your head in the sand

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2005_majors_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-xtiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: there are pictures all over the place with kids

Jun 22, 2018, 10:25 AM

That wasn't a family separation policy. They were either with their parents or separated for very short periods.

Trump was separating them for weeks and his admin has said they'll make no special effort to reunite families.

Keep lying.

Sergeant Tamooressee Approves of Detainment of People

Jun 22, 2018, 11:46 AM

He was treated like trash by the Mexican government. He was chained to a bunkbed for three years. Mexico can kiss my grits. I hate Mexico and all that they stand for. They can SUCK A FAT ONE!

SEMPER FIDELIS!

Our country won't go on forever, if we stay soft as we are now. There won't be any America because some foreign soldiery will invade us and take our women and breed a hardier race.

~Chesty Puller

Ah, now things are making a little more sense.

Jun 22, 2018, 1:44 PM

The Mexican government committed some sort of act against an American you don't know, thus, all Mexican citizens are garbage, especially the ones trying to escape the government corruption and gang/cartel violence. Your empathy for other humans is overwhelming. 'Murica.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-19b.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Ah, now things are making a little more sense.

Jun 22, 2018, 1:46 PM

Actually, I know Sergeant Tamooressee. Probably misspelled his name, but I know him from the Corps. Even if I didn't know him, I'd still be livid by the way the crooked Mexican Government treated him.

~Chesty Puller

And nobody is claiming you shouldn't, or aren't justified.

Jun 22, 2018, 1:50 PM

I'M saying that extrapolating that anger and disdain for the Mexican government to it's citizens that are trying to escape that very corruption (and everything else wrong with Mexico and Central America) is exceptionally callous and nonsensical.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-19b.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: And nobody is claiming you shouldn't, or aren't justified.

Jun 22, 2018, 1:56 PM

19B I have no issue to take to task with anyone who obeys the law. If anyone wants to migrate here legally, I support that 100%. Someone sneaking across the border usually doesn't have our best interest at heart. Especially since the cartels are working with Hezbollah and other jihadist groups.

~Chesty Puller

Right. Huge terrorist problem we have on the border.***

Jun 22, 2018, 2:05 PM

#4 is wrong at best and a lie at worse.

Jun 22, 2018, 12:18 PM [ in reply to Re: The whole immigration debacle summed up. ]

that statue to claim asylum only states that the person has to be physically present in the US. It doesn't say anything about coming in through a legal port of entry.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I like your funny words magic man

Re: #4 is wrong at best and a lie at worse.***

Jun 22, 2018, 12:33 PM

~Chesty Puller

You're wrong

Jun 22, 2018, 12:38 PM [ in reply to #4 is wrong at best and a lie at worse. ]

A political refugee seeking asylum must first request asylum. He or she cannot just walk across the border undocumented and say that they're seeking asylum. They have to request asylum, and if it's denied they get deported.

There are two primary ways in which a person may apply for asylum in the United States: the affirmative process and the defensive process. Asylum seekers who arrive at a U.S. port of entry or enter the United States without inspection generally must apply through the defensive asylum process. Both processes require the asylum seeker to be physically present in the United States.

Affirmative Asylum: A person who is not in removal proceedings may affirmatively apply for asylum through U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS), a division of the Department of Homeland Security (DHS). If the USCIS asylum officer does not grant the asylum application and the applicant does not have a lawful immigration status, he or she is referred to the immigration court for removal proceedings, where he or she may renew the request for asylum through the defensive process and appear before an immigration judge.

Defensive Asylum: A person who is in removal proceedings may apply for asylum defensively by filing the application with an immigration judge at the Executive Office for Immigration Review (EOIR) in the Department of Justice. In other words, asylum is applied for “as a defense against removal from the U.S.” Unlike the criminal court system, EOIR does not provide appointed counsel for individuals in immigration court, even if they are unable to retain an attorney on their own.

With or without counsel, an asylum seeker has the burden of proving that he or she meets the definition of a refugee. Asylum seekers often provide substantial evidence throughout the affirmative and defensive processes demonstrating either past persecution or that they have a “well-founded fear” of future persecution in their home country. However, the individual’s own testimony is usually critical to his or her asylum determination.

Certain factors bar individuals from asylum. With limited exceptions, individuals who fail to apply for asylum within one year of entering the United States will be barred from receiving asylum. Similarly, applicants who are found to pose a danger to the United States are barred from asylum.

I Love G.R.I.T.S

~Chesty Puller

Lolz at this wordy AF response that proves

Jun 22, 2018, 12:47 PM

his point.

Outstanding work.

To be a "Doctor" his reading comprehension isn't that great***

Jun 22, 2018, 2:16 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

See that "or" word?

Jun 22, 2018, 2:19 PM [ in reply to You're wrong ]

Asylum seekers who arrive at a U.S. port of entry OR enter the United States without inspection generally

I'll edit my above statement, it does mention port of entry but it doesn't say they HAVE TO go through a port of entry.

Separation of families at the border took place before Trump***

Jun 22, 2018, 12:52 PM [ in reply to Re: The whole immigration debacle summed up. ]

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Agriculture industry needs these illegals. Would be a

Jun 22, 2018, 12:15 PM

big hit to the economy if this source of labor dried up and went away. Just keeping it real.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Agriculture industry needs these illegals. Would be a

Jun 22, 2018, 12:34 PM

Actually, it would lower food prices if we put inmates back to work in the farming fields.

~Chesty Puller

I would have no problem with that.***

Jun 22, 2018, 12:38 PM

Who would pick and process our peaches?

Jun 22, 2018, 12:46 PM [ in reply to Agriculture industry needs these illegals. Would be a ]

We should also scout for young soccer players and if good enough give them immediate citizenship and access to US Soccer team. Just sayin'.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I wonder how many people knew

Jun 22, 2018, 1:34 PM

about the child holding facilities in their own state before this week. Think they're all in CA, TX, AZ? They're not.

Replies: 27
| visibility 807
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic