Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I just want to mention to those who may not know,
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 5
| visibility 2,175

I just want to mention to those who may not know,

Aug 28, 2019, 11:58 PM

if you're a cord cutter and use youtube tv for streaming what you view on TV. If you have a smart tv with the smart cast, down load the youtube tv app, and just run youtube through your TV and remove the Ruku from your tv. My wife did that with ours, and the picture seems to be better, and it loads where you want to be within youtube tv faster. Hope it works for whoever as well as it has for us, plus you can lose that little dinky Ruku remote....

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I just want to mention to those who may not know,

Aug 29, 2019, 3:41 AM

Good suggestion - allorange !!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If people were as good as their obituary - and products were as good as advertised - this would truly be a wonderful world !!

Doesn't work for all smart TVs

Aug 29, 2019, 12:54 PM

I have a 2013 or 2014 Samsung 65" with the SmartHub. YouTube.TV's app is not compatible, so I have to use a Roku. Samsung may be good now for apps, but they changed O/S several times and only recently developed compatibility for YouTube.TV, but only for models 2016 and newer. I doubt seriously that my next TV will be a Samsung.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Doesn't work for all smart TVs

Aug 29, 2019, 3:02 PM

Right on! Got rid of my Samsung when they did that. Bought a Roku Hisense and am very pleased!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Doesn't work for all smart TVs

Aug 29, 2019, 4:23 PM [ in reply to Doesn't work for all smart TVs ]

I just bought a new VIZIO - 65" Class - LED - E-Series a few months ago that has chit on it that I don't even know what's it does or how to use it. I told my wife that I thought we could use the youtube TV app with the TV remote bc I saw the youtube TV app in smart cast with a ton of other apps, and she went online to see if she could find out how to do it, and bingo, we just watch youtube TV through the TV, and it seems to work better, and I disconnected the Ruku and put it away bc I hated that little dinky remote that comes with the Ruku. But now I want her to see if we can do the same with our Firestick. Maybe we can, we haven't tried that one yet but, I like the Firestick remote much more than I did the Ruku remote.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Point for you. It takes a reel man to admit that

Aug 29, 2019, 4:57 PM

his wife is more tech saavy than him, in front of God and everybody. :)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 5
| visibility 2,175
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic