Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I hope every federal employee involved is jailed
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 34
| visibility 646

I hope every federal employee involved is jailed

Jun 17, 2018, 7:45 PM

By the next administration. If you follow orders to torture children, you need to get life without parole.

https://www.apnews.com/amp/9794de32d39d4c6f89fbefaea3780769?__twitter_impression=true

One teenager told an advocate who visited that she was helping care for a young child she didn't know because the child's aunt was somewhere else in the facility. She said she had to show others in her cell how to change the girl's diaper.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I hope every federal employee involved is jailed

Jun 17, 2018, 8:49 PM

Why don't you and everyone else crying about how these people are supposedly being treated drive down there with a sack of sandwiches, clothes, and some blankets and take care of them?

Jun 17, 2018, 9:04 PM

well, their being in a federal detention facility would kind of make that difficult.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 17, 2018, 9:11 PM

According to the article it looks like they are already being taken care of....

"Agents running the holding facility — generally known as "Ursula" for the name of the street it's on — said everyone detained is given adequate food, access to showers and laundered clothes, and medical care. People are supposed to move through the facility quickly. Under U.S. law, children are required to be turned over within three days to shelters funded by the Department of Health and Human Services.

Padilla said agents in the Rio Grande Valley have allowed families with children under the age of 5 to stay together in most cases."

Or better yet.

Jun 17, 2018, 9:16 PM [ in reply to Re: I hope every federal employee involved is jailed ]

Advocate for building a wall so these migrant parents can't throw their kids over the border and then chain-migrate later on when the kid gets processed.

We just need a 3000 mile velvet rope and 1 big bouncer***

Jun 17, 2018, 10:46 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Or better yet have the children build the wall!

Jun 18, 2018, 8:16 AM [ in reply to Or better yet. ]

Since getting pesos from the Mexicans ain’t happening.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 17, 2018, 10:01 PM [ in reply to Re: I hope every federal employee involved is jailed ]

Very Christian response.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

[Catahoula] used to be almost solely a PnR rascal, but now has adopted shidpoasting with a passion. -bengaline

You are the meme master. - RPMcMurphy®

Trump is not a phony. - RememberTheDanny

By claim only... but he's saved.***

Jun 17, 2018, 11:35 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 18, 2018, 6:55 AM [ in reply to Re: I hope every federal employee involved is jailed ]

Right because the Christian thing to do is sit on the couch with the computer in my lap and bash everybody who doesn’t line up with my views politically while not doing a #### thing myself to help those in need.

Jun 18, 2018, 10:52 AM

I thought maybe the Christian thing to do would be to show compassion for those children torn away from families and perhaps demand our government stop doing it.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

[Catahoula] used to be almost solely a PnR rascal, but now has adopted shidpoasting with a passion. -bengaline

You are the meme master. - RPMcMurphy®

Trump is not a phony. - RememberTheDanny

Jun 17, 2018, 10:01 PM [ in reply to Re: I hope every federal employee involved is jailed ]

If you know a way to make that happen, I'd be down.

Got any info?

Jun 17, 2018, 10:03 PM [ in reply to Re: I hope every federal employee involved is jailed ]

These children are actually Jesus asking for help. You're saying no to Christ.

Jun 18, 2018, 7:01 AM

According to the article it looks like they are already being taken care of....

"Agents running the holding facility — generally known as "Ursula" for the name of the street it's on — said everyone detained is given adequate food, access to showers and laundered clothes, and medical care. People are supposed to move through the facility quickly. Under U.S. law, children are required to be turned over within three days to shelters funded by the Department of Health and Human Services.

Padilla said agents in the Rio Grande Valley have allowed families with children under the age of 5 to stay together in most cases."

Jun 18, 2018, 7:40 AM

Did you read beyond that?

Jun 18, 2018, 12:05 PM [ in reply to Re: I hope every federal employee involved is jailed ]

Jhop83® said:

Why don't you and everyone else crying about how these people are supposedly being treated drive down there with a sack of sandwiches, clothes, and some blankets and take care of them?

And you wonder my friend, why non-believers do not listen to your preaching...

Mathew 18:5 "And whoever welcomes a little child like this in my name welcomes me.”

Mark 9:36-37 "36 He took a little child whom he placed among them. Taking the child in his arms, he said to them, 37 “Whoever welcomes one of these little children in my name welcomes me; and whoever welcomes me does not welcome me but the one who sent me.”

Proverbs 22:22-23 "Do not exploit the poor because they are poor and do not crush the needy in court, for the Lord will take up their case and will exact life for life."

Proverbs 31:8-9 "Speak up for those who cannot speak for themselves, for the rights of all who are destitute. Speak up and judge fairly; defend the rights of the poor and needy."

Jun 18, 2018, 7:47 AM

how about the parents not break the law and put themselves in these positions. That would be a great start.

Border lines are not arbitrary like Liberals think.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You need to take a step off the ledge man....

Jun 18, 2018, 8:36 AM

can't you speak out against treatment you don't agree without the hyperbole that children are being tortured? Get a grip man.

Re: You need to take a step off the ledge man....

Jun 18, 2018, 9:09 AM

That's not hyperbole. There are reports of kids who simply lay in the fetal position or are unwilling to talk.

It's being done as a political bargaining maneuver. That's torture.

Bull crap (on the political maneuver)....

Jun 18, 2018, 9:34 AM

you need to educate yourself more on the issue.

The DOJ is charging law-breakers with crimes (people who cross the boarder illegally) and the law states that children cannot be held with their parents when being held for a crime. You do acknowledge that, correct?

Saying that charging people that cross the boarder illegally with a crime is simply a political maneuver is empty rhetoric.

I'm not suggesting being separated from their parents is not hard on children and I'm also not suggesting that there might be a better way to follow the law, but the story is a lot more complex than you are make it out to me and it's sure as he!! not torture.

And what about the parents that crossed the border illegally and then try to claim asylum? They could have claimed asylum in Mexico and not have been held or separated. Heck, or even claimed asylum at our border prior to crossing illegally.

And in keeping with your post, should the prior admin be held to the same standard, given that this practice (separating children when the parents were held for a crime) was done under the Obama administration too?

Re: Bull crap (on the political maneuver)....

Jun 18, 2018, 10:27 AM

The zero tolerance policy is Trump's alone. Even if it were true that Obama did it, that doesn't make it ok.

Do Trump supporters not realize how they sound when they say "Obama worst ever, Trump best ever, Trump just like Obama."

And there are multiple reports of some of these children being from legal asylum seekers, so shove that argument too.

Are you uneducated on the issue, are you simply a liar by nature, or do you feel emboldened to be loose with facts in the age of Trump?

do you realize how batshit crazy you

Jun 18, 2018, 10:43 AM

libs have become? It's gettin kinda funny to watch the meltdowns.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2005_majors_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-xtiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Getting? It's been hilarious since Nov '16

Jun 18, 2018, 6:07 PM

and the gift just keeps on giving.

2024 student level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2008_ncaa_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-clemsonpoker489.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

ok a few points....

Jun 18, 2018, 10:51 AM [ in reply to Re: Bull crap (on the political maneuver).... ]

- I'm not a "Trump Supporter". I can't stand the man...didn't vote for him...I think personally that he's a disgrace to the office. What seems to separate us is that I don't let the personal dislike for the man impact how I view individual issues.

- Yes the zero-tolerance policy is Trumps. And I agree with it. If you cross the border illegally, you ought to be charged with the crime you committed. Can I assume that you favor the "catch and release" tactic with special consideration given to families with children? If so, do you have concerns that that policy drew people to cross illegally with children that weren't their own so they would gain an advantage in the system(that's not just "multiple reports" but well documented)?

"And there are multiple reports of some of these children being from legal asylum seekers, so shove that argument too." No, the argument is still quite valid. If...IF...there are cases where a child may have been separated away from their parents for legal asylum seekers, it is an aberration and not the current federal policy.

"Are you uneducated on the issue, are you simply a liar by nature, or do you feel emboldened to be loose with facts in the age of Trump?" Not only have you not "dis-proven" anything I've said, you simply don't know what you're talking about...not just in this case, but in most things you post on. I believe that has been proven time-and-again on here.

But just for sheets and giggles, I think this piece lays out a pretty fair account of the situation. Why don't we start by you showing me where it is incorrect and we can go on from there with a substantive conversation.

https://www.nationalreview.com/2018/05/illegal-immigration-enforcement-separating-kids-at-border/

weird that the CU17 replies tend to dry up once facts....

Jun 18, 2018, 5:07 PM

and/or substantive discussions emerge.

This is a particularly weak response...

Jun 18, 2018, 11:17 AM [ in reply to Re: Bull crap (on the political maneuver).... ]

“The zero tolerance policy is Trump’s alone...”

Wow. Weaselly.

So Obama’s “torture” of children was okay because he only tortured some of the children? Is that your argument?

I don’t like Trump either but you might want to take a breath. You undermine your position when you act like everything bad in the world is his fault and everything he does is awful.

null

Not arguing either side here, but he literally said this in

Jun 18, 2018, 11:59 AM

his next sentence: "Even if it were true that Obama did it, that doesn't make it ok."

So no, he isn't making the argument for Obama.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_pickem_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-soccerkrzy.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cole @ Beach Cole w/ Clemson Hat

This is simple. His position is that EVERY federal employee

Jun 18, 2018, 8:41 PM

that has been involved in this program should be incarcerated. He just needs to confirm that every Obama administration member that enacted the immigration policy should be thrown in prison. There’s no moral argument that says that if an administration occasionally DIDN’T follow this policy then it was okay that they occasionally did. Is he a high-minded moral man or a blind partisan?

The fact that he deflected on the point indicates an answer.

null

Situation sucks and needs to be remedied

Jun 18, 2018, 10:45 AM

but found this article to be pretty educating without some of the emotionality that can cloud up facts

https://www.nationalreview.com/2018/05/illegal-immigration-enforcement-separating-kids-at-border/

Admittedly conservative source, but seemed fairly factual??

What I gleaned

Once caught, yes they are separated. Only for a small period of time if the parent(s) decide to return back across the border. When gets extended is when parents decide to apply for asylum.

There are ways to apply for asylum without illegal border crossings that don't break up families.

Those crossing are under the belief that if they have children (sometimes not even their own), the will be given clemency and allowed to stay. Is this the fault of previous admins for allowing this thus encouraging further problems? I dunno.

There does need to be some law changes and some finances directed towards being able to hold illegal crossers in some sort of dentition with their families, but I am in no way an expert

What I do know is blowhards on both sides are using for political capital. Those blasting the current admin, come on, this has been going on forever, just now it affects more people because zero tolerance. Those in power saying but Obama, maybe so, but doesn't excuse not making the situation better. But again, I admit limited knowledge

That is a good piece. Just referenced it above...

Jun 18, 2018, 10:54 AM

before I saw your post.

The accounts of possible child abuse by our government disturbed me, so I spent some time researching what is really going on, what the law says, and what the policy shift was. This article clearly lays out pretty much exactly the facts that I found on my own.

Torture? That's awfully hyperbolic

Jun 18, 2018, 1:37 PM

This is happening because the parents tried to immigrate illegally and are being prosecuted. Many of the parents bring their children because they believe they'll be released more quickly, and indeed, that was our practice in the past. The only difference now is that all adults who enter the US illegally are prosecuted, which means their children need to go somewhere while that happens. The HHS then is responsible for caring for their children. If the illegal person just pleads guilty and returns home, then the separation would be very short- like less than a day.

The problem is that many want to claim asylum, which is a much longer process. Because of the Flores consent decree, we can only detain children for 20 days. Then they need to be released to a sponsor. At any rate, even those with legitimate asylum claims shouldn't be trying to enter the country illegally, and dragging their kids along with them.

Basically, these families are only separated because of the choice of the adults to enter the country illegally, and then refuse to leave.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Torture? That's awfully hyperbolic

Jun 18, 2018, 2:48 PM

Nothing you said changes the fact that this is state-sponsored child abuse.

And it's such a BS pansy way out of taking responsibility.

Let's say you have a small child and he becomes very sick. Let's say it's a bite from a large snake.

On the way to the hospital, you get pulled. You explain what's wrong to the cop. He says tough, you were speeding and the law says he can pull you and detain you. You ask to go the last mile to the hospital and then he can detain you there. He says no. He calls an ambulance to the kid. It has to come from 15 minutes away even though you're 1 minute from the hospital. Oh, and he charges you with felony reckless driving.

The law as it's written, with no context or empathetic interpretation, is on the cop's side. You're cool with that?

Is being away from your parents like a snake bite?

Jun 18, 2018, 3:58 PM

This isn't a life or death situation. Coming into the country illegally also isn't like speeding because you're taking your child to the hospital.

Re: Is being away from your parents like a snake bite?

Jun 18, 2018, 4:27 PM

Boy, you walked into the "is only child abuse" trap easier than I thought you would.

Now can you answer the question?

If the law is the law, it must be in every case. Please tell me if you agree with the cop in my scenario.

That's quite a flamible strawman you built there.***

Jun 18, 2018, 4:09 PM [ in reply to Re: Torture? That's awfully hyperbolic ]

GO TIGERS!!

Replies: 34
| visibility 646
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic