Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I hope Dabo has the ballz
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 16
| visibility 1

I hope Dabo has the ballz

Nov 14, 2016, 8:12 AM

To tell the ACC that the crew who officiated our game Saturday is no longer allowed to call our game. The bias was unreal and cost us the game. We've made more mistakes than in that game and have still won this year. Their phantom calls cost us the game. With that said we need to fix our mistakes so we don't get in this situation against anyone else.

http://theclemsoninsider.com/2016/11/13/pattern-emerges-with-saturdays-officiating-crew-calling-clemson-games/

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Their phantom calls didn't cost us the game. Get over it

Nov 14, 2016, 8:19 AM

2 INT's in the end zone hurt. The 2nd one may have directly cost us the game because we would have gone up by 2 scores, even with a FG. Not getting a 1st down on 3rd and 1 or 4th and 1 on our final drive cost us the game. The calls didn't help us out, but being the #2 team in the country at home to an unranked opponent, we should not have been in position to allow bad calls to affect the outcome.

Losers blame the refs.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Re: Their phantom calls didn't cost us the game. Get over it

Nov 14, 2016, 8:22 AM

You're not getting it. We would have lost 4 or 5 games this year if this crew was calling our game. Our team makes a TON of mistakes but we have the talent to get past those mistakes. When you are playing with mistakes AND against the referees for bullchit calls then you lose the game 100% of the time and that is what happened last night. We made a TON of mistakes but we still should have won the game. Bogus 3rd down penalties led to at least 14 of their points.

43-14=29

42 > 29. PERIOD.

You sound like a Louisville fan

Nov 14, 2016, 8:24 AM

and that's not a compliment

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

you sound like you're ignoring 29***

Nov 14, 2016, 8:26 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I reviewed his math and it appears to be solid

Nov 14, 2016, 8:28 AM

and his tears are salty

Re: you sound like you're ignoring 29***

Nov 14, 2016, 8:31 AM [ in reply to you sound like you're ignoring 29*** ]

I was only able to watch the first half. I personally thought the refs were fine in the first half and some of our fans were wrong in the bitching on calls.

We struggled in the red zone and dealing with the shovel pass. That is why we lost.

Which brings up another interesting stat I found researching

Nov 14, 2016, 8:33 AM

We are 9-1 this year when complaining about the refs

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 14, 2016, 8:33 AM [ in reply to Re: you sound like you're ignoring 29*** ]

First half was fine. There were 3 phantom calls in the second half that swayed the game. The pf on boulware was unwarranted, then a couple of plays later the PI, then after DW's redzone interception the defensive holding where we didn't even touch the receiver and the ball was over thrown.

Nov 14, 2016, 8:37 AM

Well then, I cannot provide any input except on thing. I have coached hockey for years and learnt you cannot do anything about the refs. You can complain but it will not change anything...just move on, prepare and execute.

Nov 14, 2016, 8:35 AM [ in reply to Their phantom calls didn't cost us the game. Get over it ]

Either way it's attributable to human error .

The computer models are 100% on this loss being human error.

Computers hate humans . Y'all just wait til the future comes and find out .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

He is right. That was the worst officiating since I was a

Nov 14, 2016, 8:42 AM [ in reply to Their phantom calls didn't cost us the game. Get over it ]

Frosh in '78.

I or 2 bad calls is one thing, but the 3rd and forever calls were bought and paid for. On the last drive the "holding" call on our db was so bad even the replay showed that both the ball was un-catchable but or defender was 2 yards away from him. And the spots were horrific. We blew up a bubble screen pass 5 yards back and the spotted it for no loss. And Mike Williams catch on the 1st down line came up 3 and 2. And don't even get me started on the "excessive tackling" call on #10. Also there was an absense of late hit out of bounds calls on out receivers....

Did The Tigers deserve to win? Don't know, but they deserved an evenly called game.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

https://as1.ftcdn.net/v2/jpg/00/81/16/28/1000_F_81162810_8TlZDomtVuVGlyqWL2I4HA7Wlqw7cr5a.jpg

Nov 14, 2016, 9:05 AM [ in reply to Their phantom calls didn't cost us the game. Get over it ]

Despite the calls, we still should've won and cost ourselves the win by not getting points late (think about going up 11 with a few minutes and making them go the entire length of the field to score instead of a 30 yard drive). I digress...

That said, in each of the last 4 (4!!!!) Pitt TD drives, they converted 3rd downs due to penalties...couple that with the massive disparity in penalties in these games vs. the rest of our games...Let's just say it didn't help matters.

We cost ourselves a lot of points--that fact that we still should have won by 14-21 despite the refs is somewhat amazing, but to say those were all good calls is obtuse.

Compare to L'ville fans? Please...1) there were very few even questionable calls against them in that game (more than half the penalties were false starts!!!! Those aren't judgement calls)...2) They called only 2 penalties against L'ville in the entire 2nd half (both false starts, see above and 3) L'ville is one of the most penalized teams in all of college football (119th), so it was far closer to the norm than the aberration for us Saturday.

Nov 14, 2016, 9:08 AM

Exactly. We have every right to complain about the phantom calls these referees made. If you are not complaining about them then you're not a real fan. IDC about all of the judgement calls they made but the phantom penalties on boulware, the PI right after, and the holding were all to $crew us over. People should be mad about this. And the fact that the head referee is a c00t graduate just solidifies our case.

Loserville fans were more upset at calls that weren't made

Nov 14, 2016, 9:51 AM [ in reply to Re: Their phantom calls didn't cost us the game. Get over it ]

against us. And we got away with some penalties. Not saying they didn't.

Of course, we could always compare to the penalty called against FSU that certainly handed us the opportunity to win.

As usual, it wasn't just officiating

Nov 14, 2016, 9:10 AM

One less dropped pass, one less interception, one more first down, one more stop of that #@%$ shovel pass and it's a different outcome.

Crap happens, time to take it out on our remaining schedule.

Re: I hope Dabo has the ballz

Nov 14, 2016, 9:50 AM

I hope Dabo has the ballz and intelligence to improve himself and his coaches enough to elevate our football program higher than he already has. Time will tell

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 16
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic