Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I have this feeling
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 5
| visibility 1,258

I have this feeling

Dec 30, 2019, 2:35 PM

That LSU will come in overconfident.... they don’t seem as thankful/passionate about the game. I mean look at burrows post comments after the Oklahoma game. Just kinda expected it no surprise blah blah blah. It seems burrow has been spoiled with all that time his O-line gives him. I think they might be in for a rude awakening. What say you?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I have this feeling

Dec 30, 2019, 2:39 PM

I could see that happening. LSU is good don't get me wrong. But they haven't been here before, and we have. There is no substitute for experience.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 30, 2019, 2:39 PM

All of a sudden LSU’s defense is better from what I’ve been hearing on tv....

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 30, 2019, 2:47 PM

I think you should go back and watch him all year long. All they talk about is “we expected to be here”. They worked ridiculously hard this off-season. The word is is that the QB in the receivers had a summer of 10,000 catches. Literally each one of them had to catch 10,000 passes. Before the season even started Joe borrow made the comment “You will see a serious change in our offense. We will be scoring 40, 50 and sometimes 60 points in a game“.

I’m telling you Joe Brady is a different dude. Everybody and their brother has come after him because they know his system works. Joe borough knows this. This has nothing to do with being thankful or not. This has to do with knowing that you put the work in and expecting the results.

Let me tell you, this fan base has a ton of respect for your football team and what it has accomplished. When Dabo says no one is giving him respect, he’s not talking about LSU fans because we appreciated what you guys have done. Having said that, let me say this, this LSU team is just different. We have the athletes and we are putting them in the proper positions with the Let me tell you, this Fanbase has a ton of respect for your football team and what it has accomplished. When Dabo says no one is giving him respect, he’s not talking about LSU fans because we’ve appreciated what you guys have done. Having said that, let me say this, this LSU team is just different. We have the athletes and we are putting them in the proper positions with the correct System. That is not to say that we won’t have an off night in, but this offense is on a whole different level. I will be surprised if we don’t score 40 points. I don’t say that to be disrespectful to Clemson. If there’s anybody in the country they can do it to us it’s Clemson.

Please don’t take my comments as a dig on your team. That is not the intent.

I don't take it as a dig -but that is some

Dec 30, 2019, 3:14 PM

unjustified overconfidence. And I say that with respect right back at you. I have to say objectively there's simply no reason to expect that LSU will more likely than not score 40. Don't mistake me, it's not an absurd proposition, but it is something that, on balance, anyone SHOULD be surprised to see happen. LSU *barely* got to 40 vs. Utah State, failed to reach it against UGA, Auburn, and Miss. State, and the only one of those teams who's defense is at all on par with ours is Auburn.

So, would I be completely-knocked-off-my-feet-shocked if LSU scored 40? Well, no, I could see if the chips fell right and they are hitting on all cylinders AND Clemson's having an off night, then sure, it's a reasonably plausible possibility - on a particularly sharp night for them. But based on what we've seen, there's no reason whatever to be surprised if they don't - there's every reason to think that LSU will get their points but not their normal points. They average 47 per game, this includes teams that have virtually no D, and yet you would be surprised if LSU scores 39 or below? Sorry dude, but that's not objective.

I appreciate your optimism about the possibility, and I respect that competitive attitude, but objectively that's the less likely scenario than the contrary.

Dec 30, 2019, 8:17 PM [ in reply to Re: I have this feeling ]

First of all, we welcome your discussion (most of us anyway). And we get that y'all are having an amazing season - I'm sure that it seems like everything is falling into place.

But here's the thing - y'all have been averaging 49 points per game and we have been giving up 12. So to think that our #1 defense only slows y'all down by 9 points or less seems a bit presumptuous to us.

Please don't forget that we have been averaging 45 points a game while y'all have been allowing 22.

So what seems a bit more likely to me is that we hold y'all to about 33 while we score 38. I don't usually pick scores because there are too many variables, but I am just trying to give you the sense that we understand that y'all will score some points, but you are not just going to overwhelm us like you did to OK. And whatever you do we will find a way to respond, because that is what champions do.

I wish I could come down for the game. I DO love me some Cajun cooking. Have a good game.

Replies: 5
| visibility 1,258
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic