»
Topic: New division of Football— Power 5
Replies: 5   Last Post: Dec 11, 2018 10:35 AM by: GeeVille Tiger
[ Tiger Boards - Football ]
Start New Topic
Replies: 5  

New division of Football— Power 5

Posted: Dec 6, 2018 5:08 PM

Take all Power 5 conferences and create a new division. Plus Notre Dame (who should join a conference). Eliminate games against FCS schools. Play only conference games (and more games than 8 or 9), a conference championship, and then an 8-team playoff.

Non-Power Five conferences will never compete for a national championship so why not create a second-tier championship so they can win something bigger aside from their own conference championship.

Thoughts?

2018 orange level member

My understanding is, ND's agreement with the ACC...

Posted: Dec 6, 2018 9:11 PM

requires them to join the ACC in football, if they do decide to join a conference.

2018 white level member

I have been saying the same thing.

Posted: Dec 6, 2018 9:54 PM

I like your idea of having a new division consisting of the power 5 conferences plus Notre Dame. I don't think it would work to require that no games ever be played against lower division teams though. Games against smaller schools to fill out the home schedule are good for everyone.

The reason I want the power 5 teams in their own division is less about the power 5 teams, but more about the group of 5 teams. I hate it for UCF to not even be able to compete for a national championship in their own division. It sends a poor message that they win all of their games and aren't at least given a shot.

2018 white level member

Re: I have been saying the same thing.

Posted: Dec 11, 2018 10:13 AM

I like your idea of having a new division consisting of the power 5 conferences plus Notre Dame. I don't think it would work to require that no games ever be played against lower division teams though. Games against smaller schools to fill out the home schedule are good for everyone.

The reason I want the power 5 teams in their own division is less about the power 5 teams, but more about the group of 5 teams. I hate it for UCF to not even be able to compete for a national championship in their own division. It sends a poor message that they win all of their games and aren't at least given a shot.

The P5 schools could play extra conference games and more games against P5 schools. And for lower tier bowl games the “bad” P5 schools could play the better non-P5 schools.

2018 orange level member

Power 5 is laughable.. nothing powerful about UGA

Posted: Dec 11, 2018 10:35 AM

Football

Cfu won a NC last year

Posted: Dec 11, 2018 10:26 AM

The power 5 and ND didn't stop that

Replies: 5  

TIGER TICKETS

FB GAME: Cotton Bowl
FOR SALE: Mezzanine Club Level, Section 319, Row 9. In the Clemson section. 4 seats (or will sell 2). $350/e...

Buy or Sell CU Tickets and More in Tiger Tickets!

[ Tiger Boards - Football ]
Start New Topic
767 people have read this post