Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I got a confession and apology to talk about here, folks.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 4
| visibility 1,913

I got a confession and apology to talk about here, folks.

Oct 7, 2018, 4:42 AM

I wasn't excited yesterday, Wake Forest? Ho-hum, whatever. This is the first time in my life when I didn't get that tightness in the chest, that clenching in the gut and the thrill of anxiety which Dabo causes this time of the year when he's trying to manufacture drama and put the players in the do or die mode. Those kids hit the field running they just needed a couple series to tune in to the right frequency.

It was more like watching a classic comedy routine like Craig and Smokey on the porch in front of Craig's house on Friday morning or Eddie and Martin on the bench singing about The Upper Room. It lacked drama and the thrill that we had over the past few years when we knew a loss was so apt for us this time of the season. I laughed more than I'd ever laughed at a football game including the 63-17.

Please pray for me, I feel entitled. I look down our schedule and honestly I don't see a team that compares to Clemson. The orange glasses are broken so please don't mistake me for the me during the late 1980s.

I try to be humble but how can a man be humble when his football team fields this much developed talent, has a coaching staff second to none, lives in God's country and represents Clemson University? Btw, that's a rhetorical question if you're confused.

Please pray for me and pray that our players don't read this and think I'm taking them for granted or let the words of this old fool go to their heads.

Sincerely,
CT88

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Granted!!***

Oct 7, 2018, 7:08 AM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I got a confession and apology to talk about here, folks.

Oct 7, 2018, 7:32 AM

Pride goeth before a fall! Don't jinx our Tigers!

Best Is Yet To Come !!!

Oct 7, 2018, 9:21 AM
CJ.jpg(79.1 K)

What a grand time to be part of the ""Clemson Tiger Family""

Go Tigers !!!!

( RIP #27 )

There are only three sins left in my heart.

Oct 7, 2018, 9:34 AM [ in reply to Re: I got a confession and apology to talk about here, folks. ]

The pride of life, lust of the eye and lust of the flesh, that's not too bad unless you consider those are the roots of all man's sin. Right?

Son, I'm a sinner saved to the uttermost by grace daily after God saved me to the uttermost about 50 years ago. Someday soon He will deliver me from this flesh and take me home. Finally, then I'll be saved to the uttermost completely. I'm just trying to enjoy the ride, buckleup, sit back and relax, He has me under control.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 4
| visibility 1,913
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic