Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
If I hate someone, does it make the hate worse
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 15
| visibility 1

If I hate someone, does it make the hate worse

Jul 17, 2019, 12:30 PM

if the reason I hate them is because of the color of their skin? If so, why?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I generally reserve my hate for people who have done

Jul 17, 2019, 12:35 PM

something to earn it. You don't just get my hate for free. But understand, I have PLENTY to share. It's not some limited resource or anything.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-19b.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I understand, but that doesn't answer the question...

Jul 17, 2019, 12:39 PM

Is hate worse, if it's based on the color of a person's skin, than for other reasons. Let's use your reason, for example. Is hating someone because of things they have done better?

Hate is hate, but the reason(s) behind hate can absolutely

Jul 17, 2019, 12:48 PM

be faulty. As I stated, people should earn my disdain. Being of a particular skin color isn't an earned skill or trait. That person was born with it. Driving slow in the left lane? Not born with it, and that's straight up EARNING my hatred. Leaving a shopping cart in the middle of a parking lot because you're too important to spare that 22 seconds it takes to return it?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-19b.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: only internally

Jul 17, 2019, 12:39 PM

the person receiving hate would care less how much you hate them, if I were guessing.

But, it will eat you up inside. So keep on hatin at your own risk

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think it’s different. If I hate someone because they

Jul 17, 2019, 12:44 PM

Create a terrible environment in the office or have done something terrible to my family, I think it’s different...and I would argue “healthier”...than hating someone because they happen to be of a “race” that you have preconceived negative opinions of.

I’ve been around long enough to anticipate your Faith-based perspective on “hate”...and I respect that...just offering some thoughts.

null

Healthier for the hater or the "hatee"?***

Jul 17, 2019, 12:45 PM

For the hater.***

Jul 17, 2019, 1:02 PM

null

just don't hate anyone

Jul 17, 2019, 12:47 PM

like CU17

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-willmo.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cat on a tin roof, dogs in a pile,
Nothin' left to do but smile, smile, smile!!!!

My guess is CU17 hates himself...

Jul 17, 2019, 1:01 PM

Or herself, wutever...

i highly doubt cu17 is binary***

Jul 17, 2019, 3:51 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-conservativealex.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yeah - I generally hate people who hate other people over

Jul 17, 2019, 12:50 PM

something that is not within that person's control...

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

And the Dutch.***

Jul 17, 2019, 7:59 PM

null

Reading another man's heart is above my paygrade.

Jul 17, 2019, 2:12 PM

First and foremost, I struggle to deal with my own heart. Daily I examine my motives and in the eve when I'm quite and things around me aren't distracting I try to be honest with myself with great intent on self examination.

Just as I see a cardiologist for the conditions of my blood pumper I look to the Lord for His opinion on my spiritual heart. I always find myself lacking.

Hate for another is outside the bounds He set for me. I do not and can not presume to know how wrong hate toward humans is for others but I believe it will turn into a cancer in their souls making their ears deaf to truth and hearts cold toward real justice, rights and wrongs about human behavior.

Justifying their hate they will hate life and their lives are casualities of the cancerous war raging in their souls. The contamination is real, I have suffered it once in my life when I hated another human so much I refused to see him redeemed. I have nearly made that mistake with my own siblings but I learned a great lesson of life.

When the Bible instructs us to forgive one another seventy times seven it is not an exaggeration to make a point. True hate, after one recognizes it within will take a long time to recuperate from.

I had to forgive everyday for over a year to conquer the cancerous growth in my soul from hate. Accusing me of hate toward another human is wrong for that reason alone. I will not cut off my nose because it's ugly and makes my face ugly, not ever again, anyway. Anyone thinking I would spend the emotional effort it takes to really hate another is wrongly supposing I would hurt myself because of my hate. I will not punish myself for that which another is, does or feels.

Anyone reading this should look for the truth of my words and disregard the trivial arguments we had over policies and politics. Take it from experience, hating another human is like drinking poison and waiting for them to die. Trust me, you'll find little comfort from your hate even when he is dead.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

morally or legally?

Jul 17, 2019, 3:50 PM

I think legally it should not matter...thats why I don't like the so-called "hate crime" legislation.

1) Lets say someone murders another person because they "hate" the color of their skin.

2) Alternatively, lets say someone murders another person because they are a fan of the Gamecocks.

legally, the culpability and punishment for both should be no different. Morally, hatred of Gamecocks is perfectly understandable and tolerable whereas hatred based on skin color, not so much.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-conservativealex.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: If I hate someone, does it make the hate worse

Jul 17, 2019, 8:35 PM

No, but it make the hate worse if they hated your step-daughter because of her race.

It's all relative.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 15
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic