Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I expect a close game against A&M. But expect the win.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 4
| visibility 1,017

I expect a close game against A&M. But expect the win.

Aug 30, 2019, 9:12 PM

1. Mond is a good Qb he had success last year against us. Why would we expect anything any different

2. They got a good defense. They are not going to make it easy on Lawrence. But I do think we really open up the passing game passing deep and over the middle. I fully expect them to try to shut down the run. But doing that will open up our passing game.

3. Jimbo Fisher look he’s a good Xs and Os coach. He will have them motivated and prepared to play.

With that said I expect a knock out drag out game. With Clemson talent winning in the end I think it be like a 34-24 type Clemson win.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

42-12

Aug 30, 2019, 9:16 PM

BANK IT !

Re: I expect a close game against A&M. But expect the win.

Aug 30, 2019, 9:46 PM

Jessy89 said:

1. Mond is a good Qb he had success last year against us. Why would we expect anything any different

2. They got a good defense. They are not going to make it easy on Lawrence. But I do think we really open up the passing game passing deep and over the middle. I fully expect them to try to shut down the run. But doing that will open up our passing game.

3. Jimbo Fisher look he’s a good Xs and Os coach. He will have them motivated and prepared to play.

With that said I expect a knock out drag out game. With Clemson talent winning in the end I think it be like a 34-24 type Clemson win.

1. I considered Mond to be hot & cold, a gunslinger type. I thought he made very little improvement over the course of the year last year.
2. TAMU lost a SR DT, and both SR DE’s, 1 SR LB and 1 SR FS. All those guys started 2018 as starters. I don’t know TAMU well enough to know whether all those guys remained starters all of last year, but if they did, then TAMU lost a lot on defense and that makes the D an unknown right now.

TAMU also lost their best RB and their 2 best TE’s.

3. I’m not sold on what a great Coach Jimbo is. Jimbo’s MO at FSU was superior athletes and lax accountability and discipline. I expect more of the same in College Station. I also don’t think the folks in College Station will tolerate it.

Mond is Decent Not Great....He Will Throw 2 Picks

Aug 30, 2019, 9:51 PM

Against CU This year

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I expect a close game against A&M. But expect the win.

Aug 30, 2019, 11:01 PM

Mond is really good, accurate, and developed as 2018 wore on. It was his maturity and development throughout the season that enabled the LSU win, clearly. That said, he's not an all world-beater, but hoping he proves me wrong this year. But to really understand why we think Mond will continue to improve this year, you have to understand his first two years.

Mond was really bad as a true freshman, but that was more due to the lack of good coaching (eg Sumlin regime) and him having to step in for the starting QB (who got injured in Game 1) in 2017. We were a bit surprised when Jimbo selected him for last year (2018). But he was vastly improved with the coaching under the new regime. The difference in his play from freshman to sophomore was night and day, quite stark.

So to say he didn't improve between Clemson and LSU last year is simply nuts. We saw him a bit "wobbly" and slow to release the first half of the season. By LSU, he clearly had more confidence and seemed to understand the system better. He will be better this year, but only time will tell how much. I do think he showed quicker release and better check off's in the opener.

The above said, I don't share the OPs thoughts on our D (a little too much credit there). We simply dont know and as someone else pointed out later in the thread, we have a LOT of new guys replacing graduated seniors and a couple key players that left for the NFL.

I think this will be a fun game to watch, but the line of 17 sounds about right. Clemson will need to bring it's A game to get that spread, but I don't think it will be close / in doubt based solely on the fact that Clemson's experienced players will likely be the deciding factor against our youth at multiple positions... even with an improving Mond.

Replies: 4
| visibility 1,017
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic