Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I don't think this has been posted before
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 16
| visibility 101

I don't think this has been posted before

Nov 30, 2018, 9:52 AM

I had one of those moments in the private chamber where I started looking around for something--anything--to read. Only thing available was a box of facial tissue. Curious who makes Members Mark tissues for Sam's Club, I started reading with interest. That's when I saw it. I'm talking about something that rocked my world and gave my spine a tingle. There is a warning on the bottom of the box containing this admonition: DO NOT FLUSH. Say WHAT? My first thought was, OMG have I done irreparable harm to my septic system? After all, I've mindlessly flushed who knows how many facial tissues in my lifetime. Are these seemingly innocuous sheets of paper non-biodegradable?

Then I had a real fright. What about the poor sea turtles? Are facial tissues being flushed into sewer systems that eventually find their way into the ocean? This is potentially a much bigger concern than balloons--biodegradable balloons, mind you--have ever been! I realized right there on the domestic throne, that I had to do something. So I'm sounding the alarm!

I'm calling on a total ban of facial tissue from Death Valley. I'm also calling on the athletic department to begin a full-scale investigation on the environmental impact of these insidious snot catchers. I'm certain y'all are with me on this. We Clemson Tigers must take to lead in this dread cause.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The definition of awesome!

Re: I don't think this has been posted before

Nov 30, 2018, 9:55 AM

Why do you still have facial tissues in your house?

Have you not pulled out your long sleeves as the cooler weather has started to move in?

You must be a teenage boy.....

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Time in the 'library'

Nov 30, 2018, 9:59 AM

Offers remarkable moments of introspection and the free-flow of ideas. It's not wasted time....

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Time in the 'library'

Nov 30, 2018, 10:02 AM

But I've heard you can go blind from doing the wrong thing in the "library".

Well....it is....waste time.....

Nov 30, 2018, 10:19 AM [ in reply to Time in the 'library' ]

;)

Please do not disparage my quest

Nov 30, 2018, 10:22 AM [ in reply to Re: I don't think this has been posted before ]

This is serious business. These are perilous times.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I thought it was common knowledge you don't flush

Nov 30, 2018, 10:17 AM

facial tissues, paper towels, etc.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I thought it was common knowledge you don't flush

Nov 30, 2018, 10:22 AM

We flushed EVERYTHING on Johnstone F2

Well, a facial tissue seems very like tissue

Nov 30, 2018, 10:26 AM [ in reply to I thought it was common knowledge you don't flush ]

you would use for more unseemly purposes. So, no. I did not no of this prohibition.

If you can flush the brown-smudged tissue, why not the snot-soaked stuff?

It doesn't break down the way toilet paper does

Nov 30, 2018, 10:35 AM

Can cause clogs and stick around in your septic tank longer than you'd like.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 30, 2018, 10:30 AM

Next time just stare out the window. A much better use of your time.
Also, didn't you know everything from WalMart comes from China with the express intent of destroying everything American in America? And....if your septic tank is allowing tissues to pass thru to the turtlesphere, you better get that baby checked out.

Nov 30, 2018, 11:12 AM

No wonder that quart of milk was spoiled. I had no idea it had made such a long trip. Make American great again.

You can flush facial tissue...

Nov 30, 2018, 10:48 AM

That is just one of those disclaimers from the legal department to keep the manufacture from getting sued.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

If that's true, I dunno how the folks selling

Nov 30, 2018, 11:30 AM

"flushable wipes" get away with it. Those things are terrible for sewer systems and septic tanks.

Once again, and I have addressed this here before, the wipes

Nov 30, 2018, 1:23 PM

causing issues with municipal systems are NOT flushable wipes, but people flushing non-flushable wipes (baby wipes, WetOnes, Clorox, Lysol) into the system.

Flushable wipes go through a rigorous battery of tests based on industry standards before they can be labelled as such. There is currently no government regulation, but companies like KC and PG agree to use the test methods developed by both wipe manufacturers and waste water companies.

Interestingly, paper towels make up almost 60% of the clogs in municipal pump stations.

And before you ask, I am a consultant in disposable wipes, medical and hygiene products with 30 years in the industry.

https://as1.ftcdn.net/v2/jpg/00/81/16/28/1000_F_81162810_8TlZDomtVuVGlyqWL2I4HA7Wlqw7cr5a.jpg

Nov 30, 2018, 11:38 AM

My youngest son caught his "significant other" flushing chicken bones the other day!

I asked him if she was a coot? He said, "No Sir, she pulls for West byGod Virginia!!!"

Go figure . . .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Did the chicken bones have a warning label?

Nov 30, 2018, 12:42 PM

Could be a lawsuit

Replies: 16
| visibility 101
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic