Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Win tonight and ACC Tourney
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 12
| visibility 1,834

Win tonight and ACC Tourney

May 16, 2017, 10:13 PM

First off, great win tonight against a quality CCU team, top-50 RPI.

Looking ahead to this weekend and how huge it is:

Current ACC standings: Louisville 23-4
UNC 21-6
WF 17-10
Clem 16-11
UVA 16-11

The ACC Tourney is set up into 4 pods, each with 3 teams. Win your pod and advance to a 4 team, single elimination bracket. Obviously being the top seed in your pod give you the tie breaker advantage if everyone goes 1-1. So if you go 1-0, then the team you play next has already lost., then you've already won your pod and you can save pitching.

With all that said, we own the tie breaker over UVA so if we sweep @ NCST we're a top seed. We also own the tie breaker over WF is they lose some. WF hosts Pitt and UVA is @ GT this weekend.

Just posting for everyone in case you haven't looked ahead to how huge this weekend is for our ACC repeat Champs hopes!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Win tonight and ACC Tourney

May 16, 2017, 10:16 PM

So...that's good and all...but let's talk about this.

http://www.tigernet.com/forums/message.jspa?messageID=21559839#21559839

Thought Weston had a pretty good night, you?

Pro Tip: don't ever talk crap about a student athlete busting his butt for a university that's not a troublemaker. Clemson or otherwise. Bad form.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Haha here'e what I said to start all that-

May 16, 2017, 10:18 PM

"As I have said all year, he has no business playing vs ACC teams. He is a mid-week player. He came from PC for goodness sakes. Monte has no feel for his own players."

Notice the part where I said he's a MID-WEEK PLAYER. Seems like I was spot on as he preformed IN THE MID-WEEK. Thanks for the validation.

Re: Haha here'e what I said to start all that-

May 16, 2017, 10:21 PM

You feel validated. I'm glad going after a good if not great player, and a coach who won an ACC Championship in his first year validates you.

Absolutely.Freaking.Clueless.

Congrats.

I didn't go after a good, if not great player...

May 16, 2017, 10:25 PM

I was talking about Weston Jackson. If .220 is good, or great, then I'm not the one who is Absolutely.Freaking.Clueless.

Obviously he is a mid-week guy, and Monte agrees. When was the last time Weston started over the weekend?

Re: I didn't go after a good, if not great player...

May 16, 2017, 10:33 PM

You are missing the point entirely, the bigger picture, so let me break it down for you.

I see you, and many like you. Nothing but complaining and second guessing every single thing during every single second of every single game. And then, when a game goes bad (which hasn't happened often until recently for Baseball), you're over there feeling "vindicated." Your words.

All you want is to be right, more right than the coaches making bank with years of experience, more right than the players busting their ### on partial scholarships. Doesn't matter what you say, as long you're right.

And then, as if that isn't bad enough, when you're wrong and a game goes right (which has happened a lot for baseball this year), you:

1) Dissappear
2) Bring some junk like you just did about being vindicated, and missing the point entirely.

It's okay, you're not the first, and you won't be the last. Have a good night.

Haha you are trying so hard to be right about just anything!

May 16, 2017, 10:43 PM

You came to my thread trying to prove me wrong about what I said about Jackson. I know that Jackson is good in the mid-week, as evident by my posts. Then you try to throw it in my face that he had a good mid-week game which is what I say anyways haha.

I like to talk baseball and second guess because I enjoy the game and understands the game. I have also BACKED Monte before too. Remember when everyone was attacking Monte because he moved Beer down around the FSU series? Here is me backing Monte http://www.tigernet.com/forums/message.jspa?messageID=21429694

And I post on here all the time, win or lose. I just posted after a win. I posted about Hennessy doing better tonight. I've posted that this team has been in a rut and here was their big moment to get out of it WHILE we were losing and I could've been hiding from the falling sky.

And to say that all I care about is being right it 100% accurate... do you enjoy being wrong? And I love people like you who will actually mark threads just so you can throw them in someone's face later to prove them wrong.

So as much as I like being right, and proving myself right - you want me to be wrong, and will go out of your way to prove me wrong. It goes both ways, but I don't front like a selfrighteous doucher. There, suck my bigger picture.

Re: I didn't go after a good, if not great player...

May 16, 2017, 10:46 PM [ in reply to Re: I didn't go after a good, if not great player... ]

Sorry ctl got to say tigerso is correct here. It's fun to watch and talk baseball during a game.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 16, 2017, 10:22 PM [ in reply to Re: Win tonight and ACC Tourney ]

It's no secret Jackson plays well against the furmans and the Woffords. Against acc competition, he has been terrible. Just the harsh truth of it. Everytime Monte pinch hits him in acc games, he strikes out. There's a reason he only starts for mid week games. Again, this is no secret.

May 16, 2017, 10:17 PM

We need to sweep NCST bottom line.
They are not that great and we have 3 starting pitchers that can get it done.

I think we can. We just need to get men in from 3rd with

May 16, 2017, 10:20 PM

less than 2 outs and we'll be fine.

May 16, 2017, 10:48 PM [ in reply to Re: Win tonight and ACC Tourney ]

And hope pitt gets one at wake.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 16, 2017, 10:38 PM

Thanks.

Replies: 12
| visibility 1,834
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic