Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
When you go back and forth between grass and artificial turf
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 33
| visibility 1

When you go back and forth between grass and artificial turf

Apr 15, 2013, 8:38 PM

You get torn ACL. Do your research and you will find you can't go back and forth. Different shoes, different muscles, ligaments, response, anticipation, friction etc.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

where is your research to show it happens?***

Apr 15, 2013, 8:42 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

yes, please, show us your research.***

Apr 15, 2013, 9:00 PM

I did my research and it shows that you are incorrect

Apr 15, 2013, 9:13 PM

My research also showed that you need to do your research better.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Re: When you go back and forth between grass and artificial turf

Apr 15, 2013, 9:14 PM

They need to contact their supplier of turf if they haven't already. Two blown ACL's would tell me they need to look at this. There has been a lot of research regarding going back and forth between synthetic turf and grass. I am sure they have done their homework but after a weekend like this I would cross my T's and dot my I's.

Saturday was not the first scrimmage played in the Valley.

Apr 16, 2013, 3:18 PM

Why didn't we hear about all the ACLs from the other scrimmages?

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 15, 2013, 9:15 PM

smells like a piece of chicken ####.

We have had a turf field for years moron.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Apr 15, 2013, 9:17 PM

no chicken here. Outside synthetic turf and inside synthetic turf a whole different ballgame. They may have your ignorant attitude and that may be a concern.

Apr 15, 2013, 9:20 PM

The turf that is inside our practice facility is the SAME turf that was on the outdoor facility. They simply built the building over the existing turf

This can't be, Tman84 has done his research***

Apr 15, 2013, 9:25 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Re: This can't be, Tman84 has done his research***

Apr 15, 2013, 9:31 PM

yes I have!

please show us this research***

Apr 15, 2013, 10:31 PM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 15, 2013, 9:30 PM [ in reply to Re: When you go back and forth between grass and artificial turf ]

If that is the case we are screwed!

They did not build it over the existing turf.***

Apr 15, 2013, 10:06 PM [ in reply to Re: When you go back and forth between grass and artificial turf ]

Ok, so answer these questions, how many D1 colleges have

Apr 15, 2013, 9:23 PM [ in reply to Re: When you go back and forth between grass and artificial turf ]

indoor practice facilities today?

How many of those schools have problems with torn ACL's?

Do you think Clemson spends that much money to build the facility without considering any of those impacts?

Re: Ok, so answer these questions, how many D1 colleges have

Apr 15, 2013, 9:29 PM

Many have it and we should too. I'm just saying there is a learning curve that goes with it. Think about playing basketball on wood one day and concrete the next. Think about running on a treadmill and running on the road. There is a learning curve. I'm just saying two ACL's in the first 7 minutes may be a coincidence but???? I am sure they have looked into this. There is a lot of research on this. I'm sure they have it under control.

You think Sat was the first time they practiced on grass

Apr 16, 2013, 10:12 AM

If your theory is correct, they should have had ACL injuries the first 7 minutes of every practice because they go back and forth every day depending on weather.

Apr 15, 2013, 11:01 PM [ in reply to Re: When you go back and forth between grass and artificial turf ]

Lol you are dumber than I thought please show me this research.

null

you're right, we're lucky we didn't tear acl's against LSU

Apr 15, 2013, 9:39 PM

or Auburn, and god help us for the game at Syracuse! Oh and every away game syracuse, or the Vikings, Colts, Falcons, and Saints play they gotta be careful because that infield turf sure puts them at a higher injury risk! ;)

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: you're right, we're lucky we didn't tear acl's against LSU

Apr 15, 2013, 9:43 PM

Not really if you are prepared. I'm telling you and you can believe me or not but to go back and forth between turf and grass is asking for knee injuries. I don't know the statistics but it is a problem to switch back and forth as much as we have been. Inside one day and out the next. Google the research and don't take my word for it.

so you're saying we were prepared for those games...

Apr 15, 2013, 9:44 PM

but not for our own spring game? Everyone just forgot?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I thought you said you did research...now you're saying

Apr 15, 2013, 9:50 PM [ in reply to Re: you're right, we're lucky we didn't tear acl's against LSU ]

"I don't know the statistics"...which is it?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I thought you said you did research...now you're saying

Apr 15, 2013, 9:57 PM

Both!

Re: I thought you said you did research...now you're saying

Apr 15, 2013, 10:04 PM [ in reply to I thought you said you did research...now you're saying ]

I did research on friction of synthetic artificial turf and grip. It has been years ago and they have made a lot of strides but I'm telling you it throws up warning signs to see two ACL's at spring practice. When I heard we were going back and forth between synthetic field and grass on a day to day basis depending on weather I thought I hope we know what we are doing. It is synthetic versus grass. You get use to one and then switch to another the next day. Its a slippery slope! Now don't misunderstand me manufacturers have come a long way but its still synthetic and rubber versus grass and dirt.

what are you talking about?

Apr 15, 2013, 9:41 PM

it's not like the change is at the 50 yard line

Dude- give it a rest

Apr 15, 2013, 10:12 PM

Your entire point makes no sense. The Packers practice indoors- play ouside a day later! So do the Bears. And Steelers! And dozens of college teams!

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You started it and have your many responses -- but

Apr 15, 2013, 10:17 PM

you speculate and show NO - ZERO - proof. Do you think the coaches and trainors nationwide would not have a lot of "book" on this. Thanks for your nonsense. You earn an A+ for getting so many responses.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Then why would schools all have their own choice

Apr 15, 2013, 10:28 PM

for what type of field they use? If it were that big of a cause for injury and safety issue, they would all be forced to use the same type of field.

Also, do you mean that we should be expecting someone to tear an ACL every game this season?

Yeah! That's why there are hundreds of ACL tears in the NFL

Apr 15, 2013, 11:09 PM

every week!

I did some research too. See link:

Apr 16, 2013, 12:15 AM

Research shows you're a liar and complete moron:

http://www.tigernet.com/forums/thread.jspa?threadID=1229021

FACT!

Idiot*****