Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Anybody else hear about this "sit-in" at Sikes Hall?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 47
| visibility 1

Anybody else hear about this "sit-in" at Sikes Hall?

Apr 14, 2016, 6:06 AM

Protesting all the "racism at Clemson." Anyone have any thoughts on it?

2024 student level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sit-in's and protests are getting passe'.

Apr 14, 2016, 7:27 AM

Protest this, protest that...can't keep up with it all. Everybody wants to be soooo offended.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car."

"I don't suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it."

Perhaps racism offends?***

Apr 14, 2016, 8:55 AM

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Perhaps racism offends?***

Apr 14, 2016, 9:37 AM

Perhaps not everything is racist and they have cried wolf so much people are no longer listening.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

March 4th 2016- "Lee won't be here 4 years from today" - Viztiz

The banana thing was definitely racist***

Apr 14, 2016, 3:27 PM

The word racism has become worthless. It's assumed now that

Apr 14, 2016, 11:26 AM [ in reply to Perhaps racism offends?*** ]

racism is the default state of all organizations that involve white people, unless that organization is perpetually apologizing for something and spending money on sensitivity training. Even that isn't guaranteed insurance against the self-righteous, victimhood-seekers.

The idiot BLM people and their militantly naive student offspring have ruined any serious discussion about race relations. Refusing to engage in rational behavior tends to do that.

As disgusting as Trump is, the race-baiters have a lot of blame in his ascension. People are so sick of it they are willing to support a clear douchelake.

Message was edited by: Completely Solid Orange®

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

no, white people like you who won't acknowledge racism...

Apr 14, 2016, 3:08 PM

that's why their can't be a discussion. And Donald Trump is doing good in the primary, because for the past 25 years right wing radio and then Fox News has been spewing racist drivel, that certain white people who can't deal with changing demographics have been brainwashed to fear people who look different from them.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I can acknowledge racism when I actually see it, like your's

Apr 14, 2016, 4:52 PM

Get over yourself. You're terrible at drawing conclusions about people. Just vomiting out hostile accusations doesn't make you a civil rights hero.

racist against who? Point out the statement where I made a racist comment...

Apr 14, 2016, 5:25 PM

Unlike you, I believe everybody in this world is equal. I'm not drawing conclusions, I'm basing it off of this post and many others like it by you. I'm just pointing out the obvious issue you have with people of different ethnicity. I would point it out no matter what ethnic group it is. And where did I say I'm a civil rights hero? I never will be one anyway, just an average person expressing my opinion

Re: racist against who? Point out the statement where I made a racist comment...

Apr 14, 2016, 6:01 PM

You don't believe people are equal as you have shown with your bigotry on here.

Re: Here we go.

Apr 14, 2016, 7:20 PM [ in reply to racist against who? Point out the statement where I made a racist comment... ]

You asked what you said was racist.... It's certainly the closest thing to racism in this thread.

"White people like you who don't acknowledge racism..."

Listen clown, you don't know me. You don't know what I look like, who my family is, what my job is, what my struggles are, what my social activities are... but you run your loud mouth anyway. Why? Because you are a self-righteous martyr wanna-be who is more interested in feeling good about yourself than you are thinking critically. You made it personal by bringing the other person's race into the discussion and attaching it to a certain negative behavior. I am merely talking about ideas about race relations and certain specific political movements. I didn't say "black people do this" or "black people act like this" or even "blacks who do this" because I'm not bigoted. I don't have the weird need to bring someone's race into the picture because it doesn't matter.

Unlike you, I believe everybody in this world is equal.

What a completely idiotic thing for you to say. You are like a FoxNews propagandist by randomly assuming something negative about another person, with zero evidence, and then moving on to your facile argument. I have a problem with self-rightoues morons, like YOU. People like that have every color skin on Earth. Stop using a discussion about group identity to shield yourself from realizing that a lot of people think you, as an individual, suck. I can handle knowing a ton of people don't like me on here. I tend to think it's because of what I post, not because of some bigoted systematic oppression.

You are a racist because you are obsessed with race and use it as a weapon frequently on this message board against people you have decided are white. Find one thing I have ever said about a particular race that is negative. BLM is not a race, it's a specific political movement which has people of all races.

Get. Over. Yourself.

Seriously you need to be on some meds....

Apr 14, 2016, 7:47 PM

And I have seen you plenty of times make negative comments about different ethnic groups. And please explain how is saying a person won't acknowledge racism, is close to racism? And tell me what ethnic group I'm racist against? What ethnic group have I made hateful comments about? Like I said before I don't claim to be anything than an average person. So I don't know what your obsession is with this hero and martyr stuff is. You seem to have some deep seated emotional issues, which have led you to hating people different from you. Please go seek some help from a medical professional and get medicated. There is help out there to get rid of all that deep seated anger.

That's exactly what I thought. Thanks for being you again.

Apr 15, 2016, 12:35 PM

Not capable of seeing that you have nothing specific to back up your serious, psychotic accusations, and yet you are still annoying enough to keep on spewing out garbage.

I can see right through you. Ultimate hypocrite with no hope of self-awareness. Keep on rattling off and humiliating yourself. You're still not a social justice hero, even though you pretend you don't see yourself as one on here. Just a village idiot who can't reason your way through arguments without losing your sh*t, so you crap your pants and scream "racist!" No pride.

Last word is your's.

Re: no, white people like you who won't acknowledge racism...

Apr 14, 2016, 5:04 PM [ in reply to no, white people like you who won't acknowledge racism... ]

Here comes TK79 the proven homophobe bigot throwing out the race card.

You truly are pathetic

Just when I thought there was hope for you TK

Apr 14, 2016, 5:10 PM [ in reply to no, white people like you who won't acknowledge racism... ]

You revert back to hate...

You make a funny political poast - that's not driven by hate, nor an agenda, and follow it up with this...

SMH

Message was edited by: gville76®

For relaxing times, make it Suntory time

That tactic won't work. I haven't made any hateful comments...

Apr 14, 2016, 5:19 PM

Don't project either your or someone else's hate onto me. I haven't said a hateful thing about any ethnic group or demographic. CSO stated black lives matter participants are idiots. Tell me what's idiotic about standing up for yourself so cops won't shoot you just because of the color of your skin?

I'd say this borders on hate, or at least pent up aggression

Apr 14, 2016, 5:24 PM

Perhaps you need a release?

Point out the hateful comment or drop it...

Apr 14, 2016, 5:29 PM

and you can't say white people because I am white. I guess white to you means a person who is Caucasian who dislike other ethnic groups. Sorry if I believe all ethnic groups are equal.

Re: Point out the hateful comment or drop it...

Apr 14, 2016, 6:02 PM

TK, you should stay away from any racial discussion because every single time one comes up you seem to tick off most every person on this bored. Never fails. When I read anything racially related by someone I immediately wonder which post below is gonna be yours cause we all know it's coming and we all know you accuse everybody of being a racist. It gets old dude.

you might as well accept that when a poster is blatantly racist...

Apr 14, 2016, 7:36 PM

Like the original poster I responded to, I'm going to call it out. Just put it this way I want to see Completely Solid Orange and any other posters like him go up to the players on the football team and make the statements he made in the post I responded too. If you share CSO's sentiments I want to see you do the same. Then let's see how the football players react towards that. Since you approve of the banana incident

You use racism to compensate for your lack of intelligence.***

Apr 14, 2016, 7:38 PM

Name the ethnic group I have made comments against***

Apr 14, 2016, 7:48 PM

You use racism as an excuse for the hatred you developed as an abused child***

Apr 14, 2016, 7:50 PM [ in reply to You use racism to compensate for your lack of intelligence.*** ]

Re: That tactic won't work. I haven't made any hateful comments...

Apr 14, 2016, 5:56 PM [ in reply to That tactic won't work. I haven't made any hateful comments... ]

Ah yes a defender of BLM a group born from hatred that preaches hatred. A group who's cofounder posted on Twitter about killing white people.

A group who is currently protesting a shooting in which the CRIMINAL was seen pointing his weapon at police.

A group born from the LIES that was "hands up don't shoot" which was total fabricated BS. Let me guess you still think that actually happened.

Your homophobic bigotry on this site is known you are nothing more than a hypocrite

Re: Just when I thought there was hope for you TK

Apr 14, 2016, 11:31 PM [ in reply to Just when I thought there was hope for you TK ]

no, white people like you who won't acknowledge racism... 

that's why their can't be a discussion. And Donald Trump is doing good in the primary, because for the past 25 years right wing radio and then Fox News has been spewing racist drivel, that certain white people who can't deal with changing demographics have been brainwashed to fear people who look different from them. 

^^^This is what I was referring too

not a single word of hate in that, so what's your point***

Apr 14, 2016, 7:28 PM

All of this over an isolated incident...

Apr 14, 2016, 8:10 AM

of two people hanging bananas from an African-American history banner and now, all of a sudden, the entire University isn't diverse or inclusive enough?

The students involved in the sit-in say they want to see changes that make the campus more inclusive but I have yet to hear anyone specifically identify what types of changes they want.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

I think President Clements has done a good job

Apr 14, 2016, 8:51 AM

dealing with these issues. It is an overreaction to an isolated incident. On a campus with thousands of students, you can't control individual actions.

it's more than one incident and just because

Apr 14, 2016, 3:26 PM [ in reply to All of this over an isolated incident... ]

you haven't seen the changes doesn't mean they don't exist. I'd post a link, but if you really cared enough, you could google it yourself and find them.

"It's Baltimore, Gentlemen; the Gods will not save you."

Are we charging them $225 for their seats at the sit in?***

Apr 14, 2016, 8:41 AM

Re: Are we charging them $225 for their seats at the sit in?***

Apr 14, 2016, 9:19 AM

Isn't everybody crying racism ? However, it is always one sided.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

i saw tents on the porch there this a.m.

Apr 14, 2016, 9:28 AM

as i drove in to work

figured it was some kind of protest

weren't very many people there at 7:50 a.m.

viz:

That's a messy bunch

Apr 14, 2016, 9:33 AM

Think they should probably up their organization skills and diversify their spread - seems limited to basically water and orange juice. Orange juice upsets my stomach. So a no-go for me - I wouldn't feel included

orange juice comes without vodka? who knew?***

Apr 14, 2016, 9:38 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Someone should bring them something to eat

Apr 14, 2016, 11:17 AM [ in reply to i saw tents on the porch there this a.m. ]

bananas always make a good snack.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Someone should bring them something to eat

Apr 14, 2016, 1:00 PM

That's not very nice

Re: i saw tents on the porch there this a.m.

Apr 14, 2016, 11:24 AM [ in reply to i saw tents on the porch there this a.m. ]

Do they not have any ####### trash cans close by?

Guess they didn't have class today?***

Apr 14, 2016, 2:23 PM [ in reply to i saw tents on the porch there this a.m. ]

The faculty should help these kids

Apr 14, 2016, 11:21 AM

They're gonna get dehydrated sitting there for so long. We should serve them bananas to make sure they get enough potassium.

Rassist poast...

Apr 14, 2016, 1:01 PM

Did give me a good chuckle at work, though.

what is the "racism"?***

Apr 14, 2016, 12:35 PM

I am having a "White Privilege" sit in at my desk reading

Apr 14, 2016, 1:10 PM

TigerNet.

Who's with me?!?!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

give them more homework

Apr 14, 2016, 3:16 PM

sounds like they don't have enough to do.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

In a related incident - check this out from Mizzou...

Apr 14, 2016, 4:43 PM

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2016/mar/10/university-of-missouri-sees-25-enrollment-drop-32m/

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

the enrollment drop is probably more due to the fact that

Apr 14, 2016, 4:46 PM

they do not have a Men's Tennis team

Did not know that. That must be it then...***

Apr 14, 2016, 4:50 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Anybody else hear about this "sit-in" at Sikes Hall?

Apr 14, 2016, 5:48 PM

I counted about 14 students, chanting, "Give us our freedom." What are they talking about?
It's amazing a dozen students out of 16,000 can get such publicity.

Sit In = I'm One of The 1% Acting Hip And Philanthropic

Apr 14, 2016, 6:13 PM

Send a Bus Down There And Drag Those Punks to Paris Island For Some Indoctrination

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 47
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic