Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Ready to go to the grocery store
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 7
| visibility 373

Ready to go to the grocery store

Jun 26, 2020, 8:46 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-cu85tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov
Panta Rhei Heraclitus

Went yesterday about 4:30.

Jun 26, 2020, 8:58 AM

Very few people in there, but once again the shelves look far more bare than just a couple of weeks ago. Still got most everything on my list and spent $150, which isn't bad for not having been in 2.5 weeks. Also, doubled up on some critical items so I won't have to go for at least 2 more weeks.

ringofhonor-rhtig.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Went yesterday about 4:30.

Jun 26, 2020, 9:00 AM

its like you all are 2 months behind everyone else. weird.

here, everything is close to normal. TP, cleaner, meat...all back on the shelves.

We are seeing an uptick, but that is to be expected with everything opening back up. I think its time to move on and just open up and let the ones who are vulnerable stay home.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Well, Publix had eggs and diet mountain dew, but not in cans

Jun 26, 2020, 11:13 AM

Also noticed some bare shelves I hadn't seen on the junk food aisle. Also had maters.

But yeah, few people there and not much traffic for 7:30am.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Well, Publix had eggs and diet mountain dew, but not in cans

Jun 26, 2020, 2:08 PM

I ended up having to order online from Walmart to get six 5.7 lb. containers of Zatarain's since Sam's was out. Never seen them out before. Also, had to order some malathion from Amerzon because Lowe's has been out for couple weeks. Thank Jebiis and that Al guy for the interwebs.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If we weren’t out of eggs and cheese

Jun 26, 2020, 9:02 AM [ in reply to Went yesterday about 4:30. ]

I’d wait until 9 am next Tuesday - Monday night is when the truck comes in at our Ingles and you get the most product with the fewest fellow customers

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-cu85tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov
Panta Rhei Heraclitus

Went to Ingles the other night.

Jun 26, 2020, 9:19 AM [ in reply to Went yesterday about 4:30. ]

They are recovering in the paper goods department but out of things like rice still. Ingles has been a far better shopping experience than Publix (just too many people) or Neighborhood Market (too many of people that don't care to behave well to start with).

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I bet I made some store employee mad yesterday.

Jun 26, 2020, 11:29 AM

That has to be the person that hid the last two boxes of boil in the bag rice on the top shelf with bottom of the box pointed out so you couldn't tell what it was. I recognized the box and pulled one down, then a lady beside me said she'd been looking for that for 10 minutes, so I pulled the last box down for her.

ringofhonor-rhtig.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 7
| visibility 373
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic