Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I am worried about the chemistry of bball team
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 10
| visibility 1,207

I am worried about the chemistry of bball team

Mar 1, 2013, 7:09 AM

I am getting worried about the chemistry of this team... meaning player to coach and player to player.

We are seeing regression in player intensity and motivation at start of and during games. That could be a sign of players' relationship to coaching.
What did the game vs UNC look like? I had to listen on radio.

Then I read Milton "I am a turnover in waiting" Jennings call out the guards. I wonder how that will affect the team. The guards in 2nd half sounded awful as I listened to turnover after turnover being called out by "orange in the endzone" yanity.

I think Brownell and coaches need to shoulder more of the blame for lackluster intensity and allowing multiple turnovers to happen during a stretch of the game. He needs to call timeouts quicker and light into some of these guys.

Shots will be missed but there is no excuse for consistent lack of focus or lack of intensity on defense or lack of urgency when behind by 11 or more points. When the team is young I think coaches have to fill the leadership void.

I am curious to see how remaining games go and who may transfer after the season. I hope chemistry is stronger than I am suspecting.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It's ok... I hear Milton knows a good street chemist

Mar 1, 2013, 7:18 AM

nm

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I am worried about the chemistry of bball team

Mar 1, 2013, 7:26 AM

I am not worried about the chemistry of this team.
I am more worried about how/where Brad Brownell is going to find some basketball players who can actually shoot the basketball.
Point from last night( and I was there).UNC's five starters were all in double digits.We had 2 players in double digits,and that was Milton and Booker.What happens next year when they are gone? Who is going to step up and be our scorer? (Actually you need at least two to be effective).
Regression,intensity,and motivation are traits every team needs,but I don't care how intense,or motivated you are,as a team you will regress when you shoot less than 40% to your opponents 47%,when you can score only 2 points off of 9 turnovers while you turn the ball over 15 times and they score 13,or they score on 13 fast break opportunities while you get 0.
Defensively Clemson can hang with most teams in the conference,maybe even in the country( they played Arizona,ans Miami,and N.C.State close for a while) but with out being able to score,you won't win many games.
And when you don't win many games,your team will lose focus,and especially against those better teams.
As far as next season,any player that wants to transfer let him transfer.These kids want to play,and win,but if the coaching staff does not do a better job at recruiting players who can at least be competitive,why would they they stay?
Then ,again,if the coach can't do a better job of recruiting the AD might ask him to transfer!

Exactly. They can't buy a basket.

Mar 1, 2013, 7:36 AM

I admittedly am not a basketball fan but I was there last night and saw some wide open jumpers that should have gone in. We simply can't shoot worth a crap.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Very, Very Excited. Very, Very Proud.

Re: Exactly. They can't buy a basket.

Mar 1, 2013, 7:51 AM

I watched the game. We could have played toe to toe with them if we would have done layups rather than stood around shooting jump shots. We looked very very amateurish and that is a reflection on the coaching. Our program is in bad shape. When Booker leaves, anybody got an idea about what we are gonna do for a big man? If you do please share because I don't and neither does Brownell or his staff

its not even jumpers we miss, i can't ever remember a time

Mar 1, 2013, 8:00 AM

when i have seen a point guard miss so many lay-ups at point blank ranged.

BINGO!***

Mar 1, 2013, 7:45 AM [ in reply to Re: I am worried about the chemistry of bball team ]

I really thought Brownell was the right coach, but

Mar 1, 2013, 8:14 AM [ in reply to Re: I am worried about the chemistry of bball team ]

I'm starting to have reservations. His teams seem to be going backwards and it seems he's done better with Purnell's (or Smart's) players than with his recruits. Until he can find some way to recruit more talented players, I just can't see him getting us into the top 1/2 of the conference. And it won't get any easier with Pitt and the 'cuse coming in next year. Maybe we need to start a big push to recruit overseas if we can't succeed here?

This is not a chemistry issue...this is a talent issue

Mar 1, 2013, 8:08 AM

I've never seen more boneheaded guard play in my life...that was awful last night.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Get use to it, next

Mar 1, 2013, 8:18 AM

year when Booker and Jennings leave, it's going to be really in sad shape.

Re: Get use to it, next

Mar 1, 2013, 8:43 AM

It's time to part ways with Brownell-there is no excuse for the lack of intensity shown last night and that falls on him !

Replies: 10
| visibility 1,207
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic