Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I am not normally a big bible verse guy
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 6
| visibility 1

I am not normally a big bible verse guy

Jun 11, 2020, 11:58 AM

as far as posting them. Today's Upper Room one really struck me though. Very applicable to the present situation. Hebrews 13:1-3
1 Keep loving each other like family. 2 Don’t neglect to open up your homes to guests, because by doing this some have been hosts to angels without knowing it. 3 Remember prisoners as if you were in prison with them, and people who are mistreated as if you were in their place.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

great find and application to the current situation

Jun 11, 2020, 12:57 PM

should be a T-Net preamble

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Clemson Football, the glory days are here!

Re: I am not normally a big bible verse guy

Jun 11, 2020, 12:58 PM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I voted for President Trump, but man, sometimes I wish he

Jun 11, 2020, 1:47 PM

would open that Bible and read it. Especially verses like James 1:19-20, which in the English Standard Version he's holding says:
"Know this, my beloved brothers: let every person be quick to hear, slow to speak, slow to anger; for the anger of man does not produce the righteousness of God."

He also needs to lose those "spiritual advisors" that false teachers and wolves in sheep's clothing, namely Paula White and other prosperity preachers.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Interestingly enough, I will be teaching Hebrews 13

Jun 11, 2020, 1:57 PM

this coming Sunday. Want me to send you the Zoom link? ??

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

Jun 11, 2020, 2:52 PM

74TIGER I totally agree with others these are great Bible verses are great examples of how we live our lives everyday. If people would follow these as well as live by the Bible, I don’t believe we the world would be in chaos.

Unfortunately some choose to misinterpret the Bible to suit their purpose. A verse that comes mind from the New Testament. Here is a summarization of the verses. ( Many will kill saying they are killing in the name of God. But they are not killing in my name. Basically God is saying some people will use God as an excuse for killing others but there will be wrong and severely judged for it.

To add to your excellent post, let’s look at some of the people who have helped to create this terrible situation we are currently going through.

Ben Tillman, Calhoun and many other racist from the early life of our country. They either owned slaves or committed atrocities like Tillman. We know everyone will be judged by Almighty God. Those officers who have violated the trust we gave them will suffer consequences for their actions. Maybe here on earth or when they go before God.

The point I am trying to make is what good comes out of trying to rewrite history or go back in time to hand out justice to people who are no longer alive.

Will Renaming buildings help minorities to get a better education, a better job, a more reliable car, provide a better life for the families. IMO the answer is no. If we want to make a difference invite a black family or a black family invite them into your home. Get to know them and start trying to understand each other’s culture. Has anyone even estimated the cost it would take to rename those 2 buildings at Clemson. Instead of renaming buildings use some of that money to provide minorities scholarships or put some money into a black community to make it better.

Even God has told us not to live in the past. We should live one day at a time and focus on making a better future for our lives.

We can remove the Confederate Flag, Civil War memorials, and change the names of buildings but it want change history. IMO the best way to improve race relationships is through better communication, tolerance and understanding. The most important of all is to love your neighbor as you love yourself.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 11, 2020, 3:56 PM

Changing the names says to the world that Clemson is moving in the right direction. The symbolism is huge. That speaks volumes to prospective students, students athletes, professors, and administrators.

And I fail to see other than changing some signs, websites, and maybe some stationary what the cost is. I am sure a directed fundraiser could cover those costs in a few hours.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 6
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic