Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Charleston Protest
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 43
| visibility 1

Charleston Protest

Dec 7, 2016, 11:32 AM

It was reported by a national morning show this morning that were violent protest yesterday in downtown charleston after the mistrial of the cop who killed a black man. They showed video footage of the protest. Only problem was the protest video they showed was in boston from april of 2016. Dishonest news media strikes again. I emailed the network, and once they were caught, did announce a "correction".

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Charleston Protest

Dec 7, 2016, 11:39 AM

What?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 7, 2016, 11:41 AM

Rubbish.

I live Downtown and absolutely nothing.
I admire the Scott family for the way they have handled this. I'm not so sure I would be as graceful as they have been.

I agree

Dec 7, 2016, 11:49 AM

lol somebody td'd what I said

Dec 7, 2016, 12:18 PM

Re: I agree

Dec 7, 2016, 1:06 PM [ in reply to I agree ]

I agree. I'm white as well. The cop, in my eyes, is guilty plain and simple.

Dec 7, 2016, 1:13 PM [ in reply to I agree ]

I agree the cop should not have shot him more than once if at all. That being said the man should have not got out of his car and wrestled with the cop and then run away. That man ruined his life and the officers. That cop has a wife and a new baby and without that guy not obeying the law none of this would have happened.

Dec 7, 2016, 1:37 PM

Slager did not have to shoot him 8 times. He knew who he was. Had his car/tags. Why the hate. Yes Scott should have not run. But he got scared and did run. Are cops suppose to kill EVERYONE who runs from them?

Dec 7, 2016, 2:07 PM

" Had his car/tags"

Hmmm - so the cop knew 1005 that this car and tags belonged to the guy running away. No - it could not possibly be a stolen car - right? Geez. If I were the cop, I would have immediately thought that he had stolen it.

Simple fix: If you are breaking the law - do what the cop says - and there's a darn good chance that you'll live to see tomorrow.

If you think you're above the law - or refuse to follow the rules - then take your chances and deal with the consequences.

btw: I'm white and thinks laws should be obeyed. But hey - what do I know?

Dec 7, 2016, 2:14 PM

Yeah that is usually the case with all of these situations

Dec 7, 2016, 1:43 PM [ in reply to Re: I agree ]

Dec 7, 2016, 11:41 AM

what show was this?

Dec 7, 2016, 12:12 PM

The Today Show. They are a fraud.

While I cannot believe it was a mistrial, the community down here is remaining patient and hoping for a just verdict in a retrial.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Link attached...

Dec 7, 2016, 11:43 AM

http://www.postandcourier.com/news/today-show-uses-image-of-baltimore-in-segment-about-slager/article_b96e7620-bc8d-11e6-a4f3-2bdd4be1082e.html

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

Re: Link attached...

Dec 7, 2016, 2:57 PM

So it wasn't actually reported that there were violent protests, it was just an incorrect photo? What's the big deal? Sounds like an honest mistake. But I guess there are no honest mistakes anymore. Everything is because the other side is evil and out to get us.

You asking me?***

Dec 7, 2016, 3:08 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

Re: You asking me?***

Dec 7, 2016, 3:12 PM

No, it was directed at all the people who are butthurt. I mean, I thought a major news outlet was trashing Charleston and the people in it. Turns out they just pulled the wrong picture.

No informed American should be surprised...

Dec 7, 2016, 11:56 AM

by this. At this point it's abundantly clear the NBC and MSNBC are not news outlets (at least not in the traditional, definitional sense of the word) and the people working there are not journalists. They are beyond mere bias. They are propagandists with a clear political agenda. They ignore facts and promote lies. Their "news stories" hold little or no credibility. Only the willingly self-deceived fools in this country take anything they say as objective truth. The way they covered for the Clinton political machine is enough to forever disqualify them as a legitimate source for news.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

MSNBC and Fox News have both greatly divided our country

Dec 7, 2016, 12:02 PM

and fattened their wallets at the same time.

you mean the way they were cheerleading Trump...

Dec 7, 2016, 12:07 PM [ in reply to No informed American should be surprised... ]

and repeating every right wing myth about Clinton (ain't a Clinton fan). Morning Joe was nothing more than a political arm of Trump during the Republican primaries. And you also left out Fox News and CNN.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You just, word for word, described Fox news yet you failed

Dec 7, 2016, 12:14 PM [ in reply to No informed American should be surprised... ]

to mention it...

badge-donor-15yr.jpg2012_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I guess it all depends on how you look at it

Dec 7, 2016, 12:29 PM
6_9.png(15.7 K)

Go Tigers AND Tiger Nation!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Si vis pacem, para bellum (if you want peace, prepare for war)
USMC 1980-83
-Camp Lejeune
-Beirut, Lebanon
SC National Guard 1983-2018

No

Dec 7, 2016, 12:49 PM

Ignoring obvious influence peddling and the way that our justice department was co-opted over the last eight years isn't just a different point of view; it's ethical bankruptcy for an organization that claims to be devoted to journalism.

If the Clintons were republicans they would have both been run out of politics 25 years ago. Again, anyone who's been paying attention and tries to deny that isn't just misguided or naïve; they are a LIAR.

For 25 years the media has spread every right wing lie about the Clinton's...

Dec 7, 2016, 2:25 PM

I'm no Clinton fan, and can't stand their neoliberal wall street warhawk positions. But no politician in US history has had more unproven falsehoods about them promoted by the media, than the Clinton's

No candidate has ever the President, the DOJ, and the FBI,

Dec 7, 2016, 2:31 PM

and the media in their back pocket either, like the Clintons have.

I'm Republican and biased but I challenge you to find one

Dec 7, 2016, 12:37 PM [ in reply to You just, word for word, described Fox news yet you failed ]

I can't argue with people that don't believe Fox News

Dec 7, 2016, 2:12 PM

is anything other than a puppet of the Republican party. It's like arguing with my 3 year old about the proper way to spell a word...there is no winner. She doesn't have a clue how to spell and I'm an idiot for arguing with a 3 year old.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg2012_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Trump was a Democrat up until he ran for President...

Dec 7, 2016, 2:16 PM [ in reply to I'm Republican and biased but I challenge you to find one ]

so that's not proof that Fox is critical of Republicans.

No, I described NBC and MSNBC

Dec 7, 2016, 12:44 PM [ in reply to You just, word for word, described Fox news yet you failed ]

If you deny that, I'd say you're a liar.

The difference between you and I is that I am not too

Dec 7, 2016, 2:10 PM

cowardly to admit that MSNBC and Fox News are the same animal.

From and editorial, OPINION standpoint...

Dec 7, 2016, 3:13 PM

Fox is definitely more conservative than any of the NBC propaganda arms, not hard to do when you consider what NBC and MSNBC are peddling. That said, Fox DEFINITELY airs the left's position on issues and news items FAR MORE than the American version of Pravda (NBC et al), even if it is just stuff like Tucker Carlson interviewing leftist twits (which never seem to be in short supply for him to humiliate).

When it comes to IGNORING NEWS, there is no comparison; NBC and MSNBC cover for the far left. THAT'S the primary difference between the two, and it's a FACT. Not even debatable. And it's not just the NBC propaganda arm; the same is true for ABC, CBS, and CNN. They're all utterly bereft of ethics and journalistic credibility. They are ALL shills for the far left.

two networks that promoted Trump, and NBC refused to release...

Dec 7, 2016, 2:21 PM [ in reply to No, I described NBC and MSNBC ]

tapes from The Apprentice that showed more behavior like the access Hollywood incident. So if they were liberal The Apprentice tapes would have been released. Also, NBC long had the info and tape of the access Hollywood incident yet refused to run the story on it

two networks that promoted Trump, and NBC refused to release...

Dec 7, 2016, 2:21 PM [ in reply to No, I described NBC and MSNBC ]

tapes from The Apprentice that showed more behavior like the access Hollywood incident. So if they were liberal The Apprentice tapes would have been released. Also, NBC long had the info and tape of the access Hollywood incident yet refused to run the story on it

I didn't hear about any protests here, but it's absolutely

Dec 7, 2016, 12:05 PM

ridiculous that they didn't find him guilty. The guy was hobbling away from Slager when he pulled his gun and shot him in the back 8 times.

Re: I didn't hear about any protests here, but it's absolutely

Dec 7, 2016, 12:18 PM

Savage is a very talented attorney, I'm not surprised about the mistrial. Did they ever say they all were going guilty for murder or voluntary manslaughter.

I believe he was charged with murder

Dec 7, 2016, 12:27 PM

Re: I believe he was charged with murder

Dec 7, 2016, 12:31 PM

Yea he was charged with murder, asking if they(except for the one guy)were unanamiuous in the manslaughter charge Or murder charge. Didn't hear if they mentioned that or not.

Re: I believe he was charged with murder

Dec 7, 2016, 12:32 PM [ in reply to I believe he was charged with murder ]

The judge gave the jury 3 options: Murder, Manslaughter, or Innocent. This is what was said in the Post and Courier there. I agree, he is guilty of manslaughter in the least.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

11 jurors were for guilty for murder, 1 juror...

Dec 7, 2016, 2:13 PM [ in reply to Re: I didn't hear about any protests here, but it's absolutely ]

There was a report that the 11 had complained about the one holdout, and that the holdout was being troublesome And uncooperative when the jury was behind closed doors

Re: 11 jurors were for guilty for murder, 1 juror...

Dec 7, 2016, 2:15 PM

Did they say agreed on manslaughter or murder; the 11 of 12 that is?

not sure***

Dec 7, 2016, 2:27 PM

oh, but there was a protest.....here's a pic to prove it

Dec 7, 2016, 12:44 PM [ in reply to I didn't hear about any protests here, but it's absolutely ]

excellent work***

Dec 7, 2016, 12:48 PM

Re: oh, but there was a protest.....here's a pic to prove it

Dec 7, 2016, 12:48 PM [ in reply to oh, but there was a protest.....here's a pic to prove it ]

i feel like that sign should say something about hb2 not blm

Just sayin

Replies: 43
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic