Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Adonis Filer
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 13
| visibility 1

Adonis Filer

Jan 25, 2013, 1:14 PM

I like the guy. He hustles. Plays pretty stout D.

He's got too much street-ball mentality. Running into crowds of people. Not being patient. Not letting plays and motion develop solid scoring opportunities. Not taking good shots. Missing. A lot.

He isn't the only one. Milton played great D but he still takes too many bad shots.

I LOVE the way this team hustles and plays defense. They have better fundamentals than we ever saw under OP. Offensive opportunities are there... but...

What we don't have, is that guy who you can give the ball and he will make things happen. Not by taking a shot every time he touches the ball, but by creating opportunities with his presence and ability to drive and score. We have Book, but you need a stud in the post AND at point.

We don't have a pure shooter. And we don't have a leader at the point.

Rod Hall, will you be that guy? Who else?

We won't win these games until we have someone emerge as the leader on the perimeter. Someone who will make the big shots, find the open guy, and drive the ball.

Adonis Filer is talented, but right now he is playing too young to get it done.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He reminds of Demontez Stitt alot

Jan 25, 2013, 1:16 PM

Stitt wasn't the smartest offensive player as an undergrad but he was a lockdown D all 4 years and had a similar street ball play style and never gave up.

Brad Brownell: more losses than any other coach in school history.

Demontez would bang some three's and

Jan 25, 2013, 1:17 PM

long jumpers in your eyeball, by his senior year.

Re: Demontez would bang some three's and

Jan 25, 2013, 1:22 PM

I meant he wasn't that great of an offensive player as an underclassmen I have no idea why I put undergrad

Brad Brownell: more losses than any other coach in school history.

Re: He reminds of Demontez Stitt alot

Jan 25, 2013, 1:18 PM [ in reply to He reminds of Demontez Stitt alot ]

Come on Patrick Rooks! I've been telling my brother, how freaking good would we be with terrance oglesby under brownell? OH MAN I HATE TO FANTASIZE

Oglesby

Jan 25, 2013, 1:31 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oOBF5oGZz4E

Re: Oglesby

Jan 25, 2013, 2:05 PM

WMCJ!

Re: Oglesby

Jan 25, 2013, 2:30 PM [ in reply to Oglesby ]

OP's reaction is just priceless. if you did not know better you'd swear this was staged

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Adonis Filer

Jan 25, 2013, 1:18 PM

Hal got dinged early and later returned. filer has been ok but I suspect he got more minutes than he typically would and at times it showed. he is a freshman. sometimes he will look like one.

we tried to drive the ball past fsu and get layups sometimes it worked but lots of times it didnt. that was the case with most of our guys last night. fsu is tall. they stopped a lot of that which NC St didnt

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"fsu is tall"

Jan 25, 2013, 1:20 PM

and very slappy and physical.

Re: "fsu is tall"- thank you

Jan 25, 2013, 1:26 PM

for saying that instead of long. I hate the use of that word when people mean tall in hoops vernaclular

Re: "fsu is tall"

Jan 25, 2013, 1:27 PM [ in reply to "fsu is tall" ]

Filer is just what we need. A big city kid. He will develop into the same kind of player that Stitt became. It will just take a little time to learn to ply at this level.What we need is another Filer who is 5 or 6 inches taller and bigger. Coleman (Philly kid) would have really helped this team. I am going to be patient. This could be the first Clemson team in years to win two tournament games. By March, all will be better, even MJ!

Re: "fsu is tall"

Jan 25, 2013, 1:34 PM

probably rooks or blossomgame would be that guy. unfortunately neither will be seen till next year

I agree - BB's guys are fundamentally much better than OP's

Jan 25, 2013, 2:40 PM [ in reply to Re: "fsu is tall" ]

and I can't criticise a Frosh who is as good as Filer has been - I expect him to get much better. And we are missing 2 important players. BB may win 2 ACC tourney games....

Replies: 13
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic