Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
McLovin, need some clarification
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 39
| visibility 454

McLovin, need some clarification

Oct 15, 2018, 1:37 PM

Just re-read your HWYW post. I've read it 5 times now, making sure I understood what you were saying. Each time it reads as if both men and women were playing bunco together. Not women only getting together and getting drunk off wine while using a dice game as an excuse, while the men hung out at another house getting hammered and playing poker or watching football, but actually men and women playing bunco together.

Before I go any further, can you comfirm that I'm interpreting this correctly?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Our 80 year old neighbors in Clemson LOVED them some bunco

Oct 15, 2018, 1:42 PM

I was a little afraid to ask what it was.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We just called it drunko, because it was nothing

Oct 15, 2018, 1:43 PM

more than an excuse for otherwise prim and proper neighborhood women to get smashed once a month.

I've just never known it to be a coed event.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It's 2018 man

Oct 15, 2018, 1:44 PM

You going to make fun of them for all going to see the decorations at the Biltmore this Christmas, or their Wine & Design painting parties too?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-lakebum1-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

ugh..just the thought of either makes my stomach a

Oct 15, 2018, 1:45 PM

little queasy.

Going to the Biltmore during Christmas time might be enough

Oct 15, 2018, 1:52 PM

to completely send me over the edge. If you're doing stuff like that, your life is pretty much over as a man.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-lakebum1-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I got forced into that quite a while back.

Oct 15, 2018, 2:06 PM

That was definitive proof that men and women are wired differently if that is what women really enjoy doing.

I actually love the Biltmore House.......it's an amazing

Oct 15, 2018, 2:09 PM

place.

I don't enjoy the Christmas thing there though when prices are doubled, crowds are tripled, and every third person is from Akron.

I can't see a reason I'd ever go back.***

Oct 15, 2018, 2:11 PM

same w/ Opryland Hotel

Oct 15, 2018, 2:13 PM [ in reply to I actually love the Biltmore House.......it's an amazing ]

it's worthwhile to take parents, in-laws, etc. there for Christmas lights ONCE.

Then never get within 5 miles of it ever again.

"Festival of lights" on James Island.

Oct 15, 2018, 2:14 PM

Yep, went once when about 20 years ago. I'm good for a while.

Back in the day, we would load up all our pals in whoever

Oct 15, 2018, 3:01 PM

had the biggest vehicle, take along a cooler of beer and hypothetically other various intoxicants, and ride through the Christmas lights at PTL. Usually with our own 'Christmas music' blaring on the stereo. LOUD.

ringofhonor-rhtig.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I did that once as a kid, once.

Oct 15, 2018, 3:03 PM

Well, I was 9 or 10 so minus the intoxicants, but I was high on Jim and Tammy Faye's spirit.

Now if you want real Christmas fun with zero hassle or frustrations, McAdenville is where it's at.

Zero hassle, LOLUTZ.

Oct 15, 2018, 3:06 PM

I could stick a Christmas CD in and go drive I-485 at 5:00 any afternoon of the year and recreate the McAdenville experience.

Tried to go there once. Niece was a baby, she screamed the

Oct 15, 2018, 3:22 PM

entire ride up there and back. Eff that noise. Now I won't even go in the neighborhoods with lights. If you don't see them while we are passing, then you weren't quick enough.

2024 purple level memberringofhonor-greenr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I don't even want to see a bunch of Christmas decorations

Oct 15, 2018, 3:41 PM

and lights in my own house. That crap takes away from the Clemson swag, lighted beer signs, rock music art, and other glorious dorm room accoutrements I have lovingly crafted into a warm and welcoming home.

That's the thing about couple's nights......either they're

Oct 15, 2018, 1:52 PM [ in reply to ugh..just the thought of either makes my stomach a ]

segregated and the guys hang out with the guys and girls with girls, or they're something completely chick-centric.

You never hear someone say "Yeah Friday should be fun....we're getting together with the McClosky's and the Atherton's and going to dwarf-tossing night at the Tilted Hooter.

I think I was next to your dbag neighbor having a couples

Oct 15, 2018, 2:03 PM

afternoon yesterday. Guy in front of me at the ramp yesterday had a bright red ~ 20' Crownline with captains choice exhaust, and a checkered flag ribbon accent the entire way down the side of the boat. You could just tell he knew he had himself a proper speed boat. I never once saw him trim the outdrive down, but that roaring exhaust and small rooster tail was mean AF.

Hmmmm, maybe he traded the Regal in.....

Oct 15, 2018, 2:06 PM

did he jump in and try to wakesurf 12 inches away from the prop?

Here is a dbag update for you though....he did two Insta posts last week. Apparently he went to the Cayman islands last week....so were the posts pics of the beach? ocean? island life? nope

-1 pic of him doing a side plank on his hotel balcony
-1 pic of him doing a handstand on a dock somewhere with the caption "Handstand on a dock---pretty sweet".

This guy sounds like the personification of hotsawce's

Oct 15, 2018, 2:17 PM

caricature of Mickey Plyler.

wait...I like going to Biltmore at Christmas....

Oct 15, 2018, 1:50 PM [ in reply to It's 2018 man ]

and we've stayed at the Inn on Biltmore right above the winery and taken the winery tour, and it was good.

Fight me

I actually could use some suggestions.........

Oct 15, 2018, 1:52 PM

What did you do when you were halfway through the winery tour and started having hot flashes?

Salty Obed is the best Obed

Oct 15, 2018, 2:14 PM

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

cough cough...excuse me?....

Oct 15, 2018, 3:11 PM [ in reply to I actually could use some suggestions......... ]

calling out someone for doing something I don't like and them calling them a ##### is a my schtick.

I don't even like wine all that much, but thought the wine tour was pretty cool for being free. Plus I got to drink a fair bit of wine for free. Now, I don't know about you, but free alcohol is a good thing. In fact, it's down right anti-American to not like free booze.

I'm not going to sit around here and have you bad mouth the US of A. Come on........

p.s. one of the rosés did give me a little warm face

Yikes, haven't seen a post this bad since the guy who

Oct 15, 2018, 1:54 PM [ in reply to wait...I like going to Biltmore at Christmas.... ]

admitted he preferred sitting down to pee.

Just kidding man, you do what makes you happy. YOLO and all that. It's kind of like people who live up north, as long as it's not me I'm good with it.

I met a dude at the marina yesterday who had just moved from

Oct 15, 2018, 2:01 PM

New Hampshire. I noticed two things immediately: He liked to talk about how much money he had, and how cold and miserable it was there. It seemed like some sort of weird prison thing. Do 20 years living in the cold and snow, then when you're old, be comfortable down south for whatever time you have left.

I know a lot of people in Chicago/Detroit area who have been

Oct 15, 2018, 2:10 PM

retiring recently...Almost all of them have moved to the Tampa Bay general area. One guy moved to Wilmington earlier this year (great timing). They're kind of like locusts, I think.

Maybe South Florida is finally filled up?

Oct 15, 2018, 2:13 PM

I'd prob live in South Florida somewhere from Port Saint Lucie to Lauderdale. I've spent enough time in Tampa to know I don't want to live there.

I like Siesta Key

Oct 15, 2018, 2:15 PM

If I were going to have a place in Florida it would be Cape San Blas though. Which I hear is now an island. I'm not about all that development.

what about No Name key near key west?

Oct 15, 2018, 3:16 PM

its the opposite of development

badge-donor-05yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-conservativealex.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I know of 2 or 3 Bunco groups and they are

Oct 15, 2018, 1:46 PM

all women. Also, mostly fatties. Big fat fatties with fat bellies and fat boobies and fat fupas.

PsychoTea

2024 purple level memberringofhonor-greenr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You interpreted that correctly - MEN & WOMEN***

Oct 15, 2018, 2:23 PM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

GTFOoH....is that normal now?

Oct 15, 2018, 2:25 PM

I mean, I think I'm only probably a decade or so ahead of you, but in the aughts, that would be like saying all the guys and girls got together for a pampered chef party or something. Dudes just don't play bunco, or at least they didn't.

I married into it and it was always a coed event before I

Oct 15, 2018, 2:39 PM

started.

So there was a football game on the tv during the event. I cooked beer can chicken.

I agree, seems to be a very woman-like event. But guys talk football, hunting, home repair and women talk a lot.

I guess it's like those African tribesman......

Oct 15, 2018, 2:43 PM

adding a bunch of rings to your neck to stretch it out is perfectly normal if it's all you've ever known.

Carry on friend, carry on.

i don't even know what bunco is. Did I win?

Oct 15, 2018, 2:47 PM

Am I winning??

Young Greenville professional neck-deep in the Augusta Rd

Oct 15, 2018, 2:50 PM

29605 set with an attractive wife who claims to not know what bunco is.

This is like Crass saying he's never been to the Blockhouse.

Is this like one of those Prodigal things where he pretends to not know what modern pop culture stuff is?

Neck-deep in the Augusta Rd 29605?

Oct 15, 2018, 2:53 PM

lulz, bruh. nah.

though I HAVE been to teh Blockhouse juance

You're a residential arkytekt in Greenville who is NOT

Oct 15, 2018, 2:58 PM

connected to the 20605 scene? HOW?????

only residential arch on the side, these days

Oct 15, 2018, 3:02 PM

plus, not from here, so that's a hard scene to break into...I had an in, and then he had an aneurysm and deaded

in other aspects of life, I'm maybe 3 degrees from dat Augusta Rd Lyfe

Replies: 39
| visibility 454
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic