Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I have watched the board conservatives gloat tonight....
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 2
| visibility 247

I have watched the board conservatives gloat tonight....

Nov 9, 2016, 3:08 AM

and they have every right to.

However I have chosen to wait until it was clear that Trump was going to win to make a statement.

I always try to be fair. I know my biases and try to admit them (not always successful), but I enjoy debating political points with people who even disagree with me. I also like to have fun with "snarky" posts.

However, the smugness on this board over the last couple of weeks by many left-leaning posters really deserves being called out. There is no way I can call every name and I wouldn't want to hurt anybody's feelings by leaving them out.

My first point would be to start a GoFundMe page for gotigers37. He will need a new sprinkler system since he won't be able to use the tears of the Trumpsters to water his lawn.

Second, I really had no problem with Carlsbad. He tended to be able to discuss things with balance and civility. However, the last two days, he has kind of gone nuts. I was especially offended when he made this reply http://www.tigernet.com/forums/message.jspa?messageID=20404462 to @celtic_tiger, one of the nicest, most well-respected posters on this board. Carlsbad, you were wrong. Suck it up, Donald is your next president.

Lastly, I want to give the most smug poster award to Chuckston T-Man. Apparently the country has not gone full-blown progressive. Buddy, "the troof will set you free."

So, progressives, I will explain to you what has happened. First, this is a complete rejection to the policies of Barack Obama. The country has been trying to abort Obama since his first election. He went into office and owned both the executive and legislative branch. He, along with his progressive cohorts shoved Obamacare down our throats, lying about what it would produce. There was no compromise. There was no reaching out to republicans, only mocking and ridicule, much like the smugness of his followers on here. He was soundly rebuked in the first midterm. He won his second term despite a horrible performance because of his skill at the one thing he is exceptional at, campaigning. Yet, he still wasn't able to get control back of Congress. Then, he was soundly rebuked at his second midterm.

But here is the real problem. Despite the mirage of an improving economy by claiming a decline in unemployment by leaving out the dwindling workforce and people who just quit looking for work. Add to that, household income stayed stagnant, often forcing people to take two or three jobs to try to maintain a modicum of a standard of living.

The progressive globalization of our economy is not working. The democrats, who always run on the idea that the rich are the problem, only made the rich richer. The lower class expanded and became more dependent on the government. The people who have been squeezed out is the middle class. They are hurting. And whether they are stupid, uneducated white people or well-educated minorities, the middle class cannot breathe economically. Ironically, a group that gripes about income equality, has only increased the gap.

As I have said, Trump is not a conservative. He is a populist. This election was not about left vs. right. This election was not about republican vs. democrat. This election was about a country trying to return their government to being of by and for the people.

I anticipate that Trump will work with both republicans and democrats to try to work for us. I don't expect him to keep all of his promises. Some of them are ridiculous. I expect he will do things I disagree with.

As for the Clinton's, I wish them a happy retirement. Her not being in the White House is enough for me. I don't want to "lock her up." I hope they have saved enough of their Clinton Foundation money. I suspect there won't be much support from here on out.

The media lost. Arrogant academic elitists and their safe zones have lost. It is a good day.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I have watched the board conservatives gloat tonight....

Nov 9, 2016, 3:20 AM

I am waiting for gotigers37 to show up at my house to water my lawn, I agree that gloating is not appropriate but gotigers37 showed total disdain for people with different views than him.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

since none are showing up tonight....

Nov 9, 2016, 3:38 AM

I've turned it to MSNBC. Commentators about to fight each other. Chris Matthews has the Bowden quivering lip.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 2
| visibility 247
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic