Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Hypothetically, If Etienne did not split reps this season
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 5
| visibility 1,219

Hypothetically, If Etienne did not split reps this season

Dec 4, 2018, 9:18 AM

would he have a shot against Tua/Kyler? I heard on the broadcast that he has scored on 12% of his career carries. That is an absolute ridiculous number and I think they said the highest of any RB in the past 50 years. Not getting invited to NY is just as big of a sham as CJ not getting invited.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Maybe...

Dec 4, 2018, 9:22 AM

But had a gotten more reps he may not have been as fresh later in games and that 12%/yards may have suffered.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

i think the coaches know what they are doing with his carries

Dec 4, 2018, 9:26 AM

He gives it 100% every carry. If he was turned into a workhorse back it's possible that that intense style of running would weaken as the game/season went on.

Re: Hypothetically, If Etienne did not split reps this season

Dec 4, 2018, 9:37 AM

Not worried. Dabo is being smart. Any back with NFL prospects should want to split the load as much as possible. It is all about wear and "tread-depth'on the next level and posting big effiency numbers later in the season (like against pit) is a good thing.

plus, he had the the most Heisman-like performance out of any player this year during the 'Cuse game. Sure Brice had the swagger, then OL paved the way but Etienne carried our season during that game.

Re: Hypothetically, If Etienne did not split reps this season

Dec 4, 2018, 9:44 AM

I think that had he not been splitting reps he would probably be banged up or injured....ETN is a violent runner...He was handled perfectly this season by the staff....Even better next year if Feaster comes back and we have that three headed monster with ETN, Feaster, and Dixon...

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution." - Abraham Lincoln

It's better for his health to share the RB duties***

Dec 4, 2018, 9:52 AM

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

Replies: 5
| visibility 1,219
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic