Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
How will OSU stay in the CFP without having to play a 13th
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 16
| visibility 1

How will OSU stay in the CFP without having to play a 13th

Nov 27, 2016, 10:19 PM

game? Hasn't that been the beef against the Big 12 schools because they haven't had a championship game. I think they fall to at least 4th after the conference champions are decided.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: How will OSU stay in the CFP without having to play a 13th

Nov 27, 2016, 10:21 PM

I think they fall to 4 if us and Washington both win then I think we will be 2 and Washington 3 and then OSU.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 27, 2016, 10:26 PM

I think that you are forgetting that the playoff is all about money. The committee will do all they can to rank us at #4. Think about the revenue of an Alabama Clemson rematch in Atlanta. Send Washington and Ohio State out to Arizona...

Nope, win over VT, we'll be 2 or 3.***

Nov 27, 2016, 10:30 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

At this point I'm pulling for a #4 seed so we can play in

Nov 27, 2016, 10:37 PM [ in reply to Re: How will OSU stay in the CFP without having to play a 13th ]

Atlanta. Washington could conceivably jump us with a win next week against a higher-rated team than Va. Tech. OSU could slip to 3rd, or stay where they are. Makes a lot more sense for those two to meet in AZ with us and Bama in the heart of our fanbases.

I don't give Florida a chance in Hades of beating Bama next weekend, so little path to the highest seed for the ATL location. Once the top 4 are chosen, I'm okay with them working the seeding as necessary for the good of the games, provided it's within reason.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No way. They need a AL / CU championship

Nov 27, 2016, 11:03 PM [ in reply to Re: How will OSU stay in the CFP without having to play a 13th ]

game.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 27, 2016, 10:27 PM [ in reply to Re: How will OSU stay in the CFP without having to play a 13th ]

that's how it should be but it won't, you watch. The committee/tv ratings want a Bama/OSU title game, just like they wanted Bama/Okla last year. So they will give Bama v. Wash and put OSU v. Clemson. The Tigers will ruin it again and we will have a rematch of last years final

They won't...

Nov 27, 2016, 10:27 PM

Assuming that Washington wins the Pac 12, if Penn State wins the BIG, they'll get in ahead of Ohio State particularly after winning the head to head as well.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Re: They won't...

Nov 27, 2016, 10:30 PM

Penn St will not get in over OSU. They have 2 losses and they did not beat Oklahoma, Wisconsin, and Michigan. The committee has all but stated they view OSU as the better team

They will have beaten OSU and Wisconsin, though.

Nov 27, 2016, 10:42 PM

It'd be ######## to put OSU in OVER PSU. It has to be both or just PSU. Penn State beat them AND would win the conference that Ohio State plays in. Assuming they all win, I'm calling Bama, Clemson, Washington, PSU.

2024 student level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2008_ncaa_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-clemsonpoker489.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: They will have beaten OSU and Wisconsin, though.

Nov 27, 2016, 10:51 PM

If Penn wins the Big 10 championship and gets left out, or if they get in and a team like OHST gets left out we may be looking at the obvious reasons that the playoffs will eventually move to either 6 or 8 teams. I am of the mndset that you should win your conference to be in the playoffs. I think a 6 team playoff would be interesting. You take the champion of each power 5 conf, and the 6th team is a wildcard team. Would be pretty cool.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 27, 2016, 10:56 PM

I'm okay with the 4 teams, but I like your 6 team idea

Bye for #1 and #2 seeds?

Nov 27, 2016, 11:02 PM

The bye idea for the top 2 teams would be a good idea.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 27, 2016, 10:53 PM [ in reply to They will have beaten OSU and Wisconsin, though. ]

I hope you're right, just commenting based on what I heard from the talking heads on tv :)

Penn State has a long winning streak and why does it seem like none of the "experts" have talked about how pathetic OSU played Saturday and how MICH handed them the game. Not to mention the Buckeyes came a 2-pt conversion from losing to MSU 8 days ago (a team that lost by about 50 to PSU)

Trust me, I hate OSU, but there's a narrative out there similar to LJ with the heisman

Oh yes they will

Nov 27, 2016, 10:33 PM [ in reply to They won't... ]

Probably shouldn't, but se la ve. Ohio St. has better overall resume besides the PSU loss.

Nov 27, 2016, 10:34 PM [ in reply to They won't... ]

Ohio State is in ... 3-1 vs teams they have in the top 10 ... road win against Oklahoma ... they are a lock ... more so than we are ...

They know OSU gets rolled by Alabama ... Barrett can't throw the ball consistently enough to be dangerous ... Bama loads the box and kills them .. they want us to play them again ...

IF all goes as planned ...

Bama vs Wash

OSU vs Clem

Nov 27, 2016, 10:40 PM

100% agree

They (networks) definitely want Saban/Meyer as well

The Tigers will beat the Buckeyes

Replies: 16
| visibility 1