Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
How was my weekend, you ask?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 18
| visibility 322

How was my weekend, you ask?

Jun 30, 2020, 9:31 PM

Late last week started smelling some kind of funky smell in our place. Kept getting stronger and stronger until it got to the point we couldn't sleep there. Think some critter got in the wall and expired. We have been staying at my mom's house for the past 4-5 days, hoping it will eventually dissipate. It has gotten better, but still unlivable. Ended up pulling the tile floor, sheetrock, and insulation from our master bath, hoping to find the smoking gun. Nothing so far. Not sure how long this will take, or if I will have to tear out more sh!t. Pretty much sucks d!ck.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

MauldinT, where are you???

probably a squirrel, happened to me

Jun 30, 2020, 9:36 PM

they are destructive little aholes, gnaw into your siding and crawl in the insulation to have babies. Sometimes they get trapped and die in there.

It'll pass in about a week before it decays beyond the smell. Get something to use for the upcoming fly invasion tho.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I've had field mice die and decompose in a couple cars.

Jun 30, 2020, 9:42 PM

ironically, in the squirrel cage fan blades for the heater. Stank like, um, dead mice.

Sorry to hear, but that's all I got. More funnies to come, I'm sure. But hopefully some seriousness. I would say, if it's a dead thing, sooner or later it will dissipate. Since it's your bathroom, have you considered your recent diet?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Loudon Wainwright III

Jun 30, 2020, 9:46 PM

you might not have the occasion to hear olfactory in a song again, so enjoy.

olfactory

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uu5hzc2Mei4

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Borrow a dog and knock out the siding where it scratches***

Jun 30, 2020, 9:50 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-cu85tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov
Panta Rhei Heraclitus

I did have a similar thought***

Jun 30, 2020, 9:55 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Could have a sewer leak***

Jun 30, 2020, 9:51 PM

It's definitely not sewer smell

Jun 30, 2020, 9:54 PM

Even had a plumbing company come out and do an inspection. This was before the walls were opened up, but they said the same.

You have a crawl space?

Jun 30, 2020, 10:37 PM

Put the hazmat suit on and do a lap if you do. No sheetrock or flooring damage involved in that. Buddy of mine has to go dig a rat or possum out of his every year or two.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-19b.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No, udp slab.

Jun 30, 2020, 11:37 PM

We bought this place (small condo) last year with intent of living there for a couple of years and then turning it into a rental, to begin building my real estate empire.

You need to have a gas line run to the kitchen.

Jul 1, 2020, 6:41 AM

They’ll basically have to demolish the house to do it so you’ll find he corpse. Win-win, right 19B®?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It could be worse. You could be trying to sleep in your

Jul 1, 2020, 8:09 AM [ in reply to No, udp slab. ]

house with no AC in South Carolina in the middle of summer and you could be so UDP that you only have the 1 air unit.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

When I was growing up our neighbors had a cat

Jul 1, 2020, 4:53 AM [ in reply to You have a crawl space? ]

Big fat Grey cat. Well one day the cat went missing. Neighbors looked everywhere. That was when I was maybe 8 years old.

Parents went to sell their house about 4 years ago. They found a cat skeleton in the crawlspace. Pretty sure we found the neighbors cat.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That smell will linger for 6 months or longer

Jul 1, 2020, 7:51 AM

In college, we lived in an older house. A critter got in the wall and died.

I still associate my second semester of my senior year of college with the smell of a rotting possum/cat/racoon/whatever. That's how skrong it was. Hire someone immediately.

Re: That smell will linger for 6 months or longer

Jul 1, 2020, 8:06 AM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G6Kspj3OO0s

Hired Killers in Greenvegas

Jul 1, 2020, 8:20 AM

used to carry a bag that you hang in a room to clear the decay smell.

Coroners use it when there's been a body decaying in a house.

Fireball had a squirrel get in his attic one time and it evidently died inside the wall. We bought one of those bags, hung it up and the smell was gone in a few days.

Not sure what the bag is called. About the size of a small bag of flour.

We had some chemical we bought that got rid of it

Jul 1, 2020, 8:43 AM

from a chemical supply place, been so long ago I don't remember where or what, but I do remember that stuff worked. Our bonus room was off limits for about a week.

Also had a squirrel die in our chimney one time. Dog was going crazy and we did not hear anything. He settled down then one of us opened the glass doors to the fireplace and the smell knocked us over. Put a cap on the chimney after that fiasco.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-fatherg-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You said its a condo.

Jul 1, 2020, 9:41 AM

Have you seen your neighbor lately? Was your neighbor coughing a lot and complaining about headaches and diarrhea the last time you saw them?

a decomposing human body smells completely different

Jul 1, 2020, 10:33 AM

from any dead animal.

Believe me, it's a distinct smell you will never forget. Ask anybody else who has had that experience.

Replies: 18
| visibility 322
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic