Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
How to solve too many bowl games, players quitting early,etc
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 1
| visibility 1,032

How to solve too many bowl games, players quitting early,etc

Dec 20, 2016, 12:55 PM

Go to a 24 team playoff system. Do away with conference championships and all bowl games as they stand.

Top 8 teams get a bye week 1. Teams 9-24 play a first round elimination game to go on to play one of the top 8 teams. Then it is just elimination from there.

There would be 10 games on each side of the bracket plus the championship game.
So 21 meaningful games instead of only 3.

Rename each game to one of the current bowl sponsors. Premium can be higher since there are fewer bowls and attendance will be up.

If a top 8 team makes it to the national championship game it would still only be their 16th game. Teams 9-24 it would end up being their 17th. If this is too many games then we can eliminate 1 regular season game preferably against FCS opponents. The NCAA then should pay each FCS school X dollars that they would regularly get from an FBS school to keep them afloat.

The regular season is still meaningful because if you are top 8 you get a bye.

I don't know of another way that can be better that can keep most bowl games meaningful and involve a lot of teams. This would involve almost the entire top 25.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I believe the simpler route would be

Dec 20, 2016, 1:45 PM

to make the bowl games the first game of the year. If it's not that important now then that first set of seniors won't care, jk. We already have a handful of kickoff classics. This would also in turn improve the strength of schedule. I think there should be a new rule allowing practice even after the season is over because I understand that is a benefit for coaches. Then they can have a Christmas scrimmage. The conference championship should be the first leg of an 16 team playoff and that would leave 4 at large bids for teams that don't win their conference but are good enough like Ohio State or Southern Cal this year. Just my 2 cents.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 1
| visibility 1,032
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic