Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
How overrated were MSU and OU?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 16
| visibility 1,080

How overrated were MSU and OU?

Jan 6, 2016, 2:38 PM

I think this national championship game is kind of hard to predict because both teams playing overrated opponents in the bowls. Alabama is not as good as 90% of fans would like to think. I've looked at the Clemson defensive stats and it looks like that's a pretty solid unit. Alabama's offense has evolved a little in the past few weeks, but is still not on par with Clemson's. That being said, I feel like this will be a 21-17 to 27-24 type game with either team winning. It's a tossup in my mind.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: How overrated were MSU and OU?

Jan 6, 2016, 2:39 PM

Excuse my grammar... I suffer from the gump in me.

MSU was the 3rd best team in the B1G

Jan 6, 2016, 2:40 PM

behind OSU and Michigan.

OU on the other hand was way underrated.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Not overrated, I think. They deserved their spots.

Jan 6, 2016, 2:41 PM

The unfortunate thing is that Ohio St. and Stanford shot themselves in the foot and didn't make it. Those were the 3rd and 4th-best teams, IMO, but they did not deserve the spots that OU and MSU got.

Yep. Stanford looked great

Jan 6, 2016, 2:42 PM

but they lose to a not great Northwestern team and blew it vs Oregon. Sorry trees

Stanford was a missed field goal away from 3 losses

Jan 6, 2016, 2:45 PM

They should have lost to Washington State. They got lucky when WSU missed a last second field goal.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm good enough, I'm smart enough, and doggone it, people like me.

Agreed***

Jan 6, 2016, 2:45 PM [ in reply to Not overrated, I think. They deserved their spots. ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Agreed***

Jan 6, 2016, 2:46 PM

They definitely deserved the spots. Are Bama and Clemson that much better than the rest of the country?

Ohio St.'s talent is right there...

Jan 6, 2016, 2:48 PM

They lost the wrong game. I would have loved to have seen them among the four teams.

Possibly....

Jan 6, 2016, 2:49 PM [ in reply to Re: Agreed*** ]

But Stanford and Ohio State are pretty good too. Just didn't do enough to get to the CFP

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Possibly....

Jan 6, 2016, 2:52 PM

True. I think Stanford would have presented problems for Bama because of McCaffrey. MSU is apparently the worst matchup for Bama no matter how you slice it. The past two times we've played it's been a disaster for MSU. I think the committee wanted that to happen. I think Clemson was expected to lose because everyone wanted to see OU vs Bama. I'll tell you this, at this point I'd rather the tide be playing OU. Clemson looks good. I want Dabo at Bama after Saban is gone.

Clemson got to beat the best to be the best....

Jan 6, 2016, 3:10 PM

This is the matchup

Oklahoma is the 3rd best team in the country

Jan 6, 2016, 2:41 PM

There's just a huge difference between #1 and #3. hth.

more like how overrated Bama is, last time Bama..

Jan 6, 2016, 2:43 PM

played OU, the Sooners took the tide behind the woodshed. If the playoff had more teams in it, Bama would not be in the national title game. You Bama boys got lucky the CFP committee protected y'all from the Sooners

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

MSU was properly ranked

Jan 6, 2016, 2:45 PM

Connor Cook is obviously dealing with some shoulder issues.

Not about ratings. . It's about matchups.

Jan 6, 2016, 3:19 PM

The teams didn't match up very well.

No one knows what would have happened if msu played Clemson or bama played Oklahoma.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

I don't think either were, and I don't assume that the games

Jan 6, 2016, 3:31 PM

would be that big of a blowout if we replayed them ten times.

No one in the Big Ten deserved to be in more than Michigan State. They won the conference and beat the other leading contenders. Their loss was on the road by a point, but they beat Ohio State in the Horseshoe, beat Michigan in the Big House and they beat Iowa on a neutral field.

Oklahoma had five wins over ranked opponents and only lost one game on a neutral field. They deserved to get in over any two-loss team. The fact that Stanford killed Iowa doesn't change that.

null

Replies: 16
| visibility 1,080
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic