Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
How many points do we need to score to beat Coots?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 42
| visibility 1

How many points do we need to score to beat Coots?

Nov 5, 2014, 9:02 PM

How many points to y'all think we need to score this year to beat the coots?

Their offense is pretty good, and spurrier is good for a few trick plays that may put points on the board.

Over 30? Do coots score more than 24?

Discuss

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: How many points do we need to score to beat Coots?

Nov 5, 2014, 9:05 PM

IF we don't try to get cute and just run our offensive plan, we will win. We can't let their defense score or give them a bunch of turn overs, we will be fine. I've watched several of their games, and their defense is really poor.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: two***

Nov 6, 2014, 9:58 AM

I'm gonna go with 2......but I'll take 67.

Nov 5, 2014, 9:05 PM

Go Tigers!!

I meet 63!***

Nov 5, 2014, 9:11 PM

Hard day today?***

Nov 5, 2014, 10:02 PM

Re: Hard day today?***

Nov 5, 2014, 10:16 PM

Must have been harder than even he realizes - has to correct the correction.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 5, 2014, 9:07 PM

1 more than they do***

Nov 5, 2014, 9:13 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 5, 2014, 9:13 PM

More than 21 is my thought.***

Nov 5, 2014, 9:21 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

SC is gonna break 20, but I doubt they hit 30.

Nov 5, 2014, 9:24 PM

I'd say 30 would almost be a lock for a win. 24 and it's a tossup.

25***

Nov 5, 2014, 9:25 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

28***

Nov 5, 2014, 9:26 PM

18***

Nov 5, 2014, 9:28 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

How good is their FG kicker?***

Nov 5, 2014, 9:30 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: How good is their FG kicker?***

Nov 5, 2014, 9:54 PM

cant make 58 yds lmao

Nov 5, 2014, 9:51 PM

Over 40.............else you lose...........again. No smack here, just truth.

You're not breaking 30.

Nov 5, 2014, 9:53 PM

We contained a better SC offense last year. You managed to score 31 points having gotten 6 turnovers.

If you're honestly going to say your offense this year without Shaw and Ellington is better, you're out of your mind. Couple that with an improved Clemson defense, and there's zero way you're breaking 30 in Death Valley.

Re: You're not breaking 30.

Nov 5, 2014, 9:57 PM

You are confused. Remember I told you so. The offense is on pace to break every record available for a season. Check your facts and make sure you score more than 40

You had a better defense last year and avoided getting into

Nov 5, 2014, 10:03 PM

a ton of shootouts. That is increasing your stats significantly this season.

Your offense is not better without Connor Shaw or Bruce Ellington. You're completely out of your gourd if you think that. Without Shaw last year, even with the 6 turnovers, you don't win the game. He killed us, once again, with his legs at critical moments.

All that said, it's irrelevant. Because your defense couldn't stop my grandmother from running up the gut for a few scores.

Re: You're not breaking 30.

Nov 5, 2014, 10:01 PM [ in reply to You're not breaking 30. ]

I say put Alexander on top of cooper or what ever the hell his name is with Kearse over top to blast him if he gets lucky enough to catch one. The defensive line will take care of the run game and the linebackers will be there to provide some crushing hits.

So I say we will need at at most 24 points to win. Might be our best game all year in terms of running the ball.

We can go in with the same defensive gameplan as last year

Nov 5, 2014, 10:18 PM

We stopped them in just about every aspect, except for Shaw's legs at times. But Shaw was their entire rushing attack. Mike Davis got shut down.

If we can avoid coughing the ball up 6 times, I don't worry about them scoring too much on us. I agree with putting Mac-Island on Cooper and maybe keeping Kearse over top. I think we can handle their rushing attack with our front.

You think you're getting FORTY?!? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA***

Nov 5, 2014, 10:04 PM [ in reply to Re: How many points do we need to score to beat Coots? ]

2024 student level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2008_ncaa_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-clemsonpoker489.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sofa King We Todd It

Nov 5, 2014, 10:16 PM [ in reply to Re: How many points do we need to score to beat Coots? ]

You only put 42 on Tennessee.......We actually play defense........ I'll give ya 17. ......We'll probably score 63....... again. No smack here, just truth.

2012_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dude, Tennessee is a juggernaut.***

Nov 5, 2014, 10:37 PM [ in reply to Re: How many points do we need to score to beat Coots? ]

"We establish no religion in this country, we mandate no belief. Nor will we ever. Church and state are, and must remain, separate." ~Ronald Reagan

Well, they ARE in the SEC

Nov 5, 2014, 10:45 PM

Juggernaut by default

2012_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Bro, Kentucky is good.***

Nov 6, 2014, 8:09 AM [ in reply to Dude, Tennessee is a juggernaut.*** ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Nov 6, 2014, 1:13 AM [ in reply to Re: How many points do we need to score to beat Coots? ]

You'll be lucky to get half of that

Brad Brownell: more losses than any other coach in school history.

Nov 6, 2014, 1:43 AM

Coots are giving Auburn's defense way too much credit. Yes they're good but they're not world beaters, they had some luck last year, and this year. Not an elite d.

The difference is Clemson's d has future pro 's this year at every level...d line, linebackers, and secondary.

You'll need to find a scrambling QB to even have a chance to put multiple drives together. Roland and the other wr's will be locked up, and your QB is bad against pressure. Look for Mike Davis to struggle again.

Pharaoh Cooper is your X factor, i expect to see some wildcat and gadget plays.

Cock-a-doodle-do to you!***

Nov 6, 2014, 8:09 AM [ in reply to Re: How many points do we need to score to beat Coots? ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Great Question John ... 24 to 27 Points Needed

Nov 5, 2014, 10:09 PM

Spurrier will bring it just like Custer at his last stand. Time is running short for Spurrier and this year has not gone as advertised. The game will be very important to him as he fights to retain ownership rights to SC. Accordingly, SC will play tighter. Clemson will also play tight.

Spurrier will bring out the Special Teams and trick plays. With a relentless best effort from Venables and our Defense and a healthy Deshaun Watson, we win close. SC wins by 10-plus without a healthy Watson on the field. As usual, turnovers could turn the game either way. It's our year ... but still pucker-up time until the final whistle. SC will bring it in a one game winner-take-all scenario, and we'll be ready. Tigers 27 - Chickens 24

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I seriously doubt they keep us under 30 with Watson.

Nov 5, 2014, 10:15 PM

No matter how much any team is struggling, the SC defense will make them look like world beaters.

Ill agree with 30.

Nov 5, 2014, 10:24 PM

I defense is really good this year but Spurrier is really good at calling plays. I hope they don't get any higher than around 17-21 but history says they will. Honestly we haven't really played that bad on defense the past few years. Connor Shaw running for first downs and us turning the ball over alot is what kept us from winning the game.

1 more than they do***

Nov 5, 2014, 10:30 PM

28***

Nov 5, 2014, 10:55 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: 28***

Nov 6, 2014, 1:07 AM

I think we need to score 38.

Only -1- more***

Nov 6, 2014, 5:55 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Only -1- more***

Nov 6, 2014, 6:48 AM

I have called it 41-24 ....so 41.

DB23

i don't know how many we will need

Nov 6, 2014, 7:43 AM

but i know how many we will bring. Watson plays three horrible defenses to finish the year to brush up for the Orange bowl.

Clemson 45
Scar 17

One more than they score.***

Nov 6, 2014, 7:45 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

3***

Nov 6, 2014, 7:53 AM

18 points. They top out at 17 this year like

Nov 6, 2014, 8:02 AM

Clemson has recently. They have not played a single team with a top 20 defense. The Tigers will hold them to their lowest point total of the season.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 42
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic