Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
How does a non-PGA Member . . .
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 9
| visibility 1

How does a non-PGA Member . . .

Aug 2, 2019, 1:07 AM
IMG_1349.PNG(54.5 K)

Qualify for the FedEx Playoff? . . . Or can they?

Does Doc really have a chance to join the party???

After last week's tournament the 125th Ranked PGA Member had 363 FedEx Points . . . Do the non-PGA Members with more points than that get invited also?

Thanks for any clarification you can offer . . .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: How does a non-PGA Member . . .

Aug 2, 2019, 1:47 AM

It's all Scottish to me Skeeta ... but Doc's played in far fewer events than the rest of that top 7 and he has 400 points .
Seems like he's getting along nicely .
Pulling for him and all Tigers in the golfs .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Earned enough points to have temp status***

Aug 2, 2019, 2:33 AM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If she's a hollerer, she'll be a screamer.
If she's a screamer, she'll get you arrested.

Capt - it’s my understanding

Aug 2, 2019, 3:27 AM

that Temp Status is earned by having enough points to be in the Top 150 . . . only the Top 125 begin the FedEx Cup Playoff

There must be more to it than that . . .

Aug 2, 2019, 8:08 AM

Was wondering that myself, Skeeta. If you look at his FedX position on PGATour.com, he doesn't show in the standings. Maybe there is a minimum number of events to qualify.

https://www.pgatour.com/leaderboard.html

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Dabo crushed my soul." --- Classof09

Doc is Not a Member of the PGA

Aug 2, 2019, 8:40 AM

His FedEx Points are found in the non-Member chart which part of it was included in my original post.

Hoping Marshall, or someone, will chime in and guide us.

OK, got it. Scroll to the bottom of the page you shared.***

Aug 2, 2019, 8:46 AM

It says, "...this points earned will not qualify the player for the FedExCup points race..."

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Dabo crushed my soul." --- Classof09

I saw that . . . But I remember a golf post

Aug 2, 2019, 11:12 AM

where someone said Doc was in good shape to make the "playoff" . . . or possibly I'm not remembering correctly . . . I can do that occasionally

Anyway, thought I'd ask for better minds than mine to explain . . . Probably should just sit back and enjoy watching folks play a game I've grown to love . . .

Time to watch the ladies across the pond . . .

Aug 2, 2019, 11:20 AM [ in reply to OK, got it. Scroll to the bottom of the page you shared.*** ]

and pull for Daniel (Kang) to win the Open:

Aug 2, 2019, 4:03 PM

The only way someone with special temporary membership can earn a spot in the playoffs is to win a regular season tournament, which would give them official membership, and then also be in the Top 125 on the FedExCup Points list. This is what Morikawa just did.

For Doc, he has no shot at this year's playoffs now that he is not going to make the cut at the Wyndham, eliminating the possibility of getting a win and becoming an official member.

However, Doc is still in line for official membership for next season, which starts Sept. 12. As long as his 400.200 unofficial points are equal to or higher than the person that finishes at 125 on Sunday, he'll be in and will be playing out of category 21.

https://www.pgatour.com/news/2018/priority-ranking-2018-19-season.html

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 9
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic