Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
How does Brownell compare to his predecessors ?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 8
| visibility 1

How does Brownell compare to his predecessors ?

Mar 13, 2019, 4:34 PM

Well......he’s the second winningest coach in program history. I’m more concerned with his ability to recruit than his ability to coach. He needs to hire a stellar recruiter to help the program. Not sure he has ever had that at Clemson.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: How does Brownell compare to his predecessors ?

Mar 13, 2019, 4:37 PM

Yeah, wait until next year.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 13, 2019, 4:38 PM

Not as good as Tates Locke, Bill Foster, Cliff Ellis, or Rick Barnes; better that Purnell and Shyatt.

I'm not sure that's the measuring stick we should

Mar 13, 2019, 4:46 PM

use. Clemson can be better in basketball.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

How many of our previous coaches were here for 9 years?

Mar 13, 2019, 4:48 PM

Why does he have to "hire" a recruiter? Shouldn't he be a good recruiter in his own right? Isn't that where it starts?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 13, 2019, 5:08 PM

He is our best coach save for Barnes... and we would have never been able to keep Barnes. I think even Texas wished they kept him now.

A lot of folks want BB gone but those are the folks that don't really follow basketball, just outcomes.

The 18-19 campaign could have been a lot worse. It was a flawed team (you can lay some of that at BB) but then again, this could have been a 5-13 team getting blown out every game very easily. BB has kept the locker room. Still, being 9-9 in league play when we are shooting sub 33% from the arc is something. And that is what happened in the NC State game. Our two sides came out and the 3pt shooting tanked. Live and die by that arc. Plus we had officiating that even the NC Highway Patrol thinks was a bit iffy.

However, I think our ceiling now isn't BB efforts. I think that it is going to ebb and flow on the recruiting side because while BB might be weaker, his development is beyond reproach. Still, if he had just one more offensive weapon other than Reed, this would be another Sweet Sixteen team.

The only reason OP even made the tournament is because literally no one else other than Wofford offered Booker a scholarship. Even then Booker was a shocker in his Sophomore year but other teams realized it was our main plan and this our record dropped in his Junior and Senior year.

That you Momma Brownell?

Mar 13, 2019, 5:16 PM

OP > Brown-L

Re: That you Momma Brownell?

Mar 13, 2019, 5:23 PM

And it ain’t close

I hope we keep it up and never win at chapel hill and make

Mar 13, 2019, 5:13 PM

the tourney once every 5 years or so and never make it to a final for or 8 or whatever they call it because we have always sucked!

Dabo said he didn't want to be like the Ohio States and Florida States and Michigans like the BOT wanted. He said he wanted them to want to be like us. Sounded good, but nobody believed him (except for TDP and Kathleen)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 8
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic