Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
How do you rank our toughest opponents this year?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 8
| visibility 1

How do you rank our toughest opponents this year?

Apr 1, 2019, 9:10 AM

I have them in this order of toughness (ignoring the Orange/White teams in the SG):

1 TAMU - I think they lost their best RB, but they might be a tough out early before our D gels
2 BC - They lost some really good D players, but Dillon and Brown will be hard to stop
3 FSU - I have very little confidence in Taggart and their coaching staff, but they still recruit well
4 UofSuc - Not sure as Deebo is gone, and they have no idea how to score points without him

5-12 The ROY Bus teams

Oddly enough, we have the toughest opponents at home. SU would be tough again, but without Dungee, I don't think they are as good as in previous years. They do have an excellent coach though, so they might be the surprise of the season.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

A&M lost a lot on defense - nearly as much as we did

Apr 1, 2019, 9:37 AM

and they also lost their RB (as you said) and their really good TE. They do return Mond and some really promising (and big) WRs.

Re: How do you rank our toughest opponents this year?

Apr 1, 2019, 9:42 AM

Never underestimate a Dino Babers coached Syracuse team. It’s two running that he had his team ready to knock out Goliath. However I expect a healthy Clemson team will light up the scoreboard inside their dome.

Apr 1, 2019, 9:45 AM

1. Injuries
2. ACC Refs
3. Overconfidence
4. Asteroid
5. TAMU

Apr 1, 2019, 9:53 AM

IF the team is healthy for both and ready to play, Syracuse on the road will be much tougher than BC at home.

I think Syracuse will be similar to a Mike Leach coached team in that the QB position is mostly plug and play.

I don't think Dungy was as good as the scheme.

I hope I'm wrong though.

Apr 1, 2019, 10:09 AM

Whoever we play in the CFP , until then it will be cake walk city .
Even if we give up 30 pts a game we still win by 2 TDs

Every year we have multiple games where we don't score

Apr 1, 2019, 3:30 PM

30 points. Last year we had 3 and another where we scored exactly 30. In 2017 we had 5. In 2016 we had 3 and another where we scored exactly 30. In 2015 we had 3.

Even with our offensive firepower, there will inevitably be 1 or 2 games where we don't score 30.

BC loses 4 OL, 3 DL and most of their DB starters

Apr 1, 2019, 10:10 AM

We don't need to worry about them. If they were going to make power moves, they should have done it last year when they were one of the most experienced teams in the conference.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 1, 2019, 3:55 PM

1. A&M - most talented team we play, recruited well, and Jimbo very familiar with BV’s defenses
2. Cuse - on the road, following what will likely be a very physical game, talent improving, QB that is replacing Dungey is pretty good, Dino plays us tough
3. BC/NCSU/SCAR/FSU -none of these particularly worrisome but if we were going to trip up outside of 1 and 2, it would likely come from these. BC and NCSU losing a lot and have average/above average talent but generally solid coaching, SCAR better talent but worse coaching, and FSU the best talent out of the 4 but the worst coaching.

Replies: 8
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic